Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
On last nights ATL, the Philly request for a trade was :

Johnny and Hanifin
for
Voracek, Ghost, 2nd

Philly fans see the apex of Vorocek has passed, and he is making 8.25M for four more years. Ghost is bottom pairing for them, and not thinking a first is worth it.

That's what a homeristic trade looks like. They will tell you the players to stay away from.
That is a typical HFboards offer. Just a rumour I heard but that place actually might be getting shut down by the NHL's legal team. Not sure what happened or what was said, maybe copyright violation? I don't have a legit source for this, just something I heard. I hope not, would hurt the ATL.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:09 PM   #6062
Harry Lime
First Line Centre

Exp:

The more that I see Dube play, the more that I believe that he could be the answer to the second line RW problem. That and the chemistry between Tkachuk and Mangiapane. Really, it's possible a major shakeup isn't needed, but a minor one could do wonders for stabilizing some other issues.

I keep coming back to Buffalo wanting to move Colin Miller. Miller and Tage Thompson (RW) for Frolik and Jankowski (late pick if needed) solves Buffalo's cap problem for next year, and Calgary could let Brodie and Hamonic walk (or trade) and it would solve their cap and personnel problems for next year as well.

Adds size and nastiness at the bottom of the order.

Tkachuk-Monahan-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Dube
Lucic-Backlund-Czarnik (when healthy)
Reider-Ryan-Thompson

Giodano-Brodie
Hanifin-Andersson (Hamonic)
Kylington-Miller

That is a massively better lineup than we see every night. Now, we just need to have a spiritualist hypnotize Peters, and convince him that he should put out the best lines for this team to succeed, so life isn't such a struggle.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #6063
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the idea of Galchenyuk. If he can be had for Hammer id do it.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #6064
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I like the idea of Galchenyuk. If he can be had for Hammer id do it.
Hamonic is way more useful than non-scoring Galchenyuk.
GioforPM is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #6065
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Hamonic is way more useful than non-scoring Galchenyuk.
Galchenyuk is far more useful than non scoring Jankowski. I think he'd do well here. And he has scored. And, I think obviously the pens add but I would do that trade.

Last edited by dammage79; 11-25-2019 at 07:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 07:56 PM   #6066
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Galchenyuk is far more useful than non scoring Jankowski. I think he'd do well here. And he has scored. And, I think obviously the pens add but I would do that trade.
Wait, who said anything about Jankowski? You were trading Hamonic, and never mentioned an add by the Pens. One for one, a useful number 4 D is more than a guy that scored his first tonight and doesn’t do anything else.

Now, if the Pens add, sure, maybe you do it. Who do they add?
Old 11-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #6067
Harry Lime
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Wait, who said anything about Jankowski? You were trading Hamonic, and never mentioned an add by the Pens. One for one, a useful number 4 D is more than a guy that scored his first tonight and doesn’t do anything else.

Pens wouldn't add a human. They would balance the salary differential, and throw in a 2021 second. They love giving away seconds even more than Sutter.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #6068
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

My point that you so clearly missed was that Hammers spot can be filled because of our depth, we need someone to take Jankos spot away. And they add a pick or prospect.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #6069
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love it if the Flames could swap out some depth players just to change the mix some.

Love the ideas above, I think Colin Miller could bounce back in CGY and he is a right hand D with some term left.

Then it makes absolute sense to dangle Hamonic for a guy like Galchenyuk plus a pick.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 08:35 PM   #6070
fleury
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have no problem dealing Hamonic, but once you deal that top 4 d-man, your d becomes pretty shallow. What's the expectation for what you're looking for in return for a d-man? To me the d hasn't looked that great, so unless he's in a package to get a star, dealing him would be opening up another problem on the back end with his absence. I can't think of a scenario aside from acquiring a star, where dealing one of the top 4 would make sense.
fleury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fleury For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #6071
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My point that you so clearly missed was that Hammers spot can be filled because of our depth, we need someone to take Jankos spot away. And they add a pick or prospect.
I missed it because it was nowhere to be found in your post. You just said “trade Hamonic for Galchenyuk” (who was terrible in this game BTW). There was no mention of Jankowski being replaced, no mention of D depth (which frankly isn’t quite what it was).
Old 11-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #6072
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I would love it if the Flames could swap out some depth players just to change the mix some.

Love the ideas above, I think Colin Miller could bounce back in CGY and he is a right hand D with some term left.

Then it makes absolute sense to dangle Hamonic for a guy like Galchenyuk plus a pick.
We need to quite taking guys who we hope bounce back, IMO. Galchenyuk has not been an impact guy, and he seems to be a problem child to boot. I suspect he’s Russia bound.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:22 PM   #6073
Macho0978
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
We need to quite taking guys who we hope bounce back, IMO. Galchenyuk has not been an impact guy, and he seems to be a problem child to boot. I suspect he’s Russia bound.
Guys coming off good years usually cost more. I'd rather take a chance on Colin Miller than go after guys like Brower who are coming off good seasons or good playoffs.

Colin Miller would be a great add to replace Brodie and Hamonic. If he is cheap and you can flip Hamonic and Brodie at the deadline for picks, the Flames could be sitting pretty good on d, cap situation and draft situation. I'd have no problem going into next year with Gio, Hanifin, Valimaki, Anderson, Kylington and Miller as a top 6

Not as excited to add Galchenyuk as he is a UFA. Unless he resigned very cheap not sure why the Flames would want him
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #6074
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
Guys coming off good years usually cost more. I'd rather take a chance on Colin Miller than go after guys like Brower who are coming off good seasons or good playoffs.

Colin Miller would be a great add to replace Brodie and Hamonic. If he is cheap and you can flip Hamonic and Brodie at the deadline for picks, the Flames could be sitting pretty good on d, cap situation and draft situation. I'd have no problem going into next year with Gio, Hanifin, Valimaki, Anderson, Kylington and Miller as a top 6

Not as excited to add Galchenyuk as he is a UFA. Unless he resigned very cheap not sure why the Flames would want him
Brouwer wasn’t really coming off a good season. He’d been OK consistently. I agree with you though - you don’t sign a guy off of a good PO like Bollig.

Miller would be fine. But he was never in the discussion above.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #6075
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I'd be amazed if Galchenyuk went to Russia, considering he put up 40 points last year and is starting to heat up a bit for the Penguins. Also, why Russia? He's an American from Wisconsin.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:44 PM   #6076
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I'd be amazed if Galchenyuk went to Russia, considering he put up 40 points last year and is starting to heat up a bit for the Penguins. Also, why Russia? He's an American from Wisconsin.
Starting to heat up? He got his first goal tonight so I ge=Jess that’s warmer than the day before.

Russia because that’s where scorers who can’t score in the NHL end up. But also because he lived there from 4-15 with his Russian (well Belarussian) born dad and because he speaks Russian.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #6077
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Josh Anderson has intrigued me since his draft year. Seems to be struggling like Bennett. What would the appetite be for swapping those two? Both could use a fresh start.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #6078
VilleN
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
The more that I see Dube play, the more that I believe that he could be the answer to the second line RW problem. That and the chemistry between Tkachuk and Mangiapane. Really, it's possible a major shakeup isn't needed, but a minor one could do wonders for stabilizing some other issues.

I keep coming back to Buffalo wanting to move Colin Miller. Miller and Tage Thompson (RW) for Frolik and Jankowski (late pick if needed) solves Buffalo's cap problem for next year, and Calgary could let Brodie and Hamonic walk (or trade) and it would solve their cap and personnel problems for next year as well.

Adds size and nastiness at the bottom of the order.

Tkachuk-Monahan-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Dube
Lucic-Backlund-Czarnik (when healthy)
Reider-Ryan-Thompson

Giodano-Brodie
Hanifin-Andersson (Hamonic)
Kylington-Miller

That is a massively better lineup than we see every night. Now, we just need to have a spiritualist hypnotize Peters, and convince him that he should put out the best lines for this team to succeed, so life isn't such a struggle.
How is that massively better? Do you mean the configurations (I like them - although we wouldn't know if that would be any better than the current config)? Or swapping Thompson for Frolik or Janko, and Miller for Stone? I don't see how that type of trade moves the needle at all really... maybe slightly. The biggest issue is our big guns aren't performing... that's really it.
VilleN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #6079
Harry Lime
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
How is that massively better? Do you mean the configurations (I like them - although we wouldn't know if that would be any better than the current config)? Or swapping Thompson for Frolik or Janko, and Miller for Stone? I don't see how that type of trade moves the needle at all really... maybe slightly. The biggest issue is our big guns aren't performing... that's really it.
Configurations, for sure yes. Also, it would allow our talented small players to play with some swagger, knowing that two players are coming in that can both draw some fire, and back them up when needed.

I also think that Miller is better than Stone, and Thompson is better than Jankowski, only on longer term contracts that Buffalo want out of. This is a contract moving deal for the Sabres, for sure, with a wild card in Janko finding his game.

Also, the right side defense can use Colin Miller when Brodie and/or Hamonic are gone.

All for naught thought, as I think that the coaching change will stop any trades coming down for a goodly long while.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:02 AM   #6080
Singularity
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
From Wikipedia:

The family moved to Europe when Galchenyuk was 4, following his father's hockey career in Germany, Italy and Russia. They eventually settled in Russia, where the younger Galchenyuk began his hockey career before moving back to North America when he was 15.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote