Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-29-2019, 06:06 PM   #4361
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinL_NHL View Post
Considering he was born and raised in Calgary, was a Flames fan growing up, and even said that visiting Calgary as an opponent is super special and much moreso than Edmonton, I think the conclusion is that this is a dumb post.
He has talked about his great memory's of playing minor hockey in Calgary where he won a couple of championships but his home is in Ontario ever since he was 13, I would imagine he would rather stay close to "home" but he wouldn't say no to Calgary if the price is right either, you might get a slight discount from him just so he could stick it to the Oilers.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #4362
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brodie
Dube
2nd

For

Hall

Jankowski

For

Virtanen
3rd

Gaudreau - Monahan - Tkachuk
Hall - Backlund - Lindholm
Lucic - Bennett - Virtanen
Mangiapane - Ryan - Frolik
Czarnik

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Stone

Rittich
Talbot
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:03 PM   #4363
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones View Post
If we're spending 11 million on a family it better be a centrr
A family of centres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 09:12 PM   #4364
JTech780
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Brodie
Dube
2nd

For

Hall

Jankowski

For

Virtanen
3rd

Czarnik

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Stone

Rittich
Talbot
Can Hall or Virtanen play defense, because Stone and Kylington can't.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #4365
AustinL_NHL
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Brodie
Dube
2nd

For

Hall

Jankowski

For

Virtanen
3rd

Czarnik

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Stone

Rittich
Talbot
The Devils hang up immediately
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:31 PM   #4366
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

To me this is Tavares/Stone all over again especially if NJ struggles even with all the off-season stacking they’ve done. Do they get something for him like Stone which ended up costing Vegas much less than expected by most or do they potentially lose him for nothing like NYI lost Tavares??? It will be an interesting story line to follow and honestly NJ is a team I’m hoping struggles in hopes that Hall could be acquired.

Also it’s a deep draft and Dube is a highly coveted prospect add those with Brodie who is a top 4 D on every NHL team right now and a top 2 on some and I don’t see it being too far off. What if I changed the 2nd to a 1st and a 3rd?? Is that closer to you, does it become to much?

Brodie
Dube
1st
3rd

For

Hall
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:34 PM   #4367
Moneyhands23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To me this is Tavares/Stone all over again especially if NJ struggles even with all the off-season stacking they’ve done. Do they get something for him like Stone which ended up costing Vegas much less than expected by most of do they potentially lose him for nothing like NYI lost Tavares??? It will be an interesting story line to follow and honestly NJ is a team I’m hoping struggles in hopes that Hall could be acquired.

Also it’s a deep draft and Dube is a highly coveted prospect add those with Brodie who is a top 4 D on every NHL team right now and a top 2 on some and I don’t see it being too far off. What if I changed the 2nd to a 1st and a 3rd?? Is that closer to you, does it become to much?

Brodie
Dube
1st
3rd

For

Hall
Its not good for the Flames. If Hall wants to be here, sign him for a contract as a UFA next year. Calgary needs to restock the cupboards and keep Dube.

I am for a longer window and a decade of being in the mix. 1 year of Hall is just not worth it.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:35 PM   #4368
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To me this is Tavares/Stone all over again especially if NJ struggles even with all the off-season stacking theyíve done. Do they get something for him like Stone which ended up costing Vegas much less than expected by most or do they potentially lose him for nothing like NYI lost Tavares??? It will be an interesting story line to follow and honestly NJ is a team Iím hoping struggles in hopes that Hall could be acquired.

Also itís a deep draft and Dube is a highly coveted prospect add those with Brodie who is a top 4 D on every NHL team right now and a top 2 on some and I donít see it being too far off. What if I changed the 2nd to a 1st and a 3rd?? Is that closer to you, does it become to much?

Brodie
Dube
1st
3rd

For

Hall

One of the problems is that they will need to have Brodie extended before they make that trade (or at least have Brodie agree on an extension with them). In no way would they trade Hall for a package containing a UFA unless that UFA is there for cap reasons.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:44 PM   #4369
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
To me this is Tavares/Stone all over again especially if NJ struggles even with all the off-season stacking they’ve done. Do they get something for him like Stone which ended up costing Vegas much less than expected by most or do they potentially lose him for nothing like NYI lost Tavares??? It will be an interesting story line to follow and honestly NJ is a team I’m hoping struggles in hopes that Hall could be acquired.

Brodie
Dube
1st
3rd

For

Hall
Did Stone cost Vegas much less than anyone else thought? I thought many Flames fans were saying that the defense prospect Vegas included was equivalent to us including Valimaki.

EDIT:
Quote:
The cost for Stone was steep for Vegas: Defenseman Erik Brannstrom, 19, who was selected 15th overall in 2017 by the Golden Knights and is considered an elite puck-moving defensive prospect. The Knights also sent forward Oscar Lindberg and a second-round pick in 2020 that belonged to the Dallas Stars.
So you'd probably have to switch Brodie to Valimaki in your proposal and even then Jersey may go with another offer because of Valimaki now missing almost a year and half of critical development time

Last edited by jayswin; 09-29-2019 at 09:47 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #4370
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Id trade Johnny for hall (if we got him signed too)

Probably unpopular opinion but there we go
The Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:12 PM   #4371
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus, when he was an Oiler we referred to Hall as Captain Derp and now people are suggesting trading Gaudreau to get him? Sometimes this board really makes me shake my head....
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #4372
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Jesus, when he was an Oiler we referred to Hall as Captain Derp and now people are suggesting trading Gaudreau to get him? Sometimes this board really makes me shake my head....
Derp?
Derp.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:22 PM   #4373
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Hall ever mentioned the possibility of playing here? Said anything about the city?
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:26 PM   #4374
Rando
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Hart Trophy Derp?
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #4375
1qqaaz
First Line Centre

Exp:

There is a major difference between trading Gaudreau for Hall v. trading Gaudreau for a ton of assets and then signing Hall.

The first maneuver is idiotic, and the second maneuver is extremely risky and unlikely.

Either way, I just don't think the Flames can or should make the cap space to acquire Hall. The Flames might be able to add a top 6 winger, but there's almost no way they can afford a Hall-level player.

Why not sign Eric Haula if he's (eventually) healthy? He's a top 6 guy, probably wouldn't have a terrible contract, is decently young, and is a UFA this summer.
These types of options are more interesting to me.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:38 PM   #4376
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's stay far away from Virtanen.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #4377
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Wow, I didn't think there was anyone who didn't know there's a huge difference between Oilers Hall and Devils Hall but judging by the thanks on dissentowner's post, I guess there's a lot.

I mean he didn't turn into Sidney Crosby but he still did a 180 and became a much better player, including a Hart trophy season. The Edmonton stink is real, how many examples do you guys need to see?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #4378
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Wow, I didn't think there was anyone who didn't know there's a huge difference between Oilers Hall and Devils Hall but judging by the thanks on dissentowner's post, I guess there's a lot.

I mean he didn't turn into Sidney Crosby but he still did a 180 and became a much better player, including a Hart trophy season. The Edmonton stink is real, how many examples do you guys need to see?
I didnít think it was a problem to change my opinion of a player who improved and left a team I hate. Weird.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #4379
BeltlineFan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

Trading for Hall is fine, trading Gaudreau for him is crazy. Gaudreau is younger, a better point producer and signed for longer at a reasonable price.
BeltlineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #4380
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Josh Ho-Sang is on waivers today.