Thankfully Tree isn’t a dick
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #462
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
If I'm Tre and Hamonic asks for an offer, I'd be like, "Covid is still as real and dangerous as it was during the playoffs. If you're too scared of it then, you're too scared of it now. Hit the bricks pal"
Being a young father and losing his father young I get and understand where Hamonic was coming from on that decision and I hold nothing against him for his choice nor thankfully do the Flames or Treliving I would imagine.

Hammer was a warrior and he does the right things with his status and his personal experiences; anyone who gets him is getting a great person and I wish him well.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #463
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Just listening to his podcast

Dreger:
"I'm not going to name the player and I'm not going to name the team but I will say this is a good defenceman available in free agency, and there is a handful of these guys out there, a team offered a 1yr $750K deal for this player"
Ferrarro:
"Cause that's what they had left?"
Dreger:
"They just were ultimately bargain shopping and basically just said, you may have been a 4-5M defenceman last season but if you've got nothing here's something and this is all we can do. I would say this is a team that has space so they're not a up against it type of team but my point in telling that story is simply because that's where the system is."

Has to be Hamonic or Vatanen, I'm guessing WPG offer to Hamonic. I'd take either of those guys for 1M.
Can't see it being Hamonic, he's not a 4-5M defenseman. Gotta be Vatanen

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2020, 10:46 PM   #464
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Imagine landing Vatanen for 1yr/league min just before training camp simply because nobody else offered anything better.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #465
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
If I'm Tre and Hamonic asks for an offer, I'd be like, "Covid is still as real and dangerous as it was during the playoffs. If you're too scared of it then, you're too scared of it now. Hit the bricks pal"
I don't think that is fair to Hamonic. The anxiety level in the general public at the time Hamonic made his decision was much higher. People have gotten used to the situation more now and the routines needed to protect themselves. No one knows what was behind Hamonic's decision, but it's quite possible that he was having trouble managing at the time, or that people in his immediate family were having trouble and didn't want him to go. At the time, I was suffering from some pretty acute anxiety (along with millions of others I assume) and it felt like we were living in a nightmare. I still had to work and felt a lot of guilt for having to bring my freaked out and scared kid to daycare every day and potentially exposing her. If I had the power to do so, I would have taken a leave from work at that time to deal with family and mental health issues.

He did seem to fall out of favour with the team last season, so that might have factored in, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:29 AM   #466
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was wondering about Dominik Kahun-this is a player that I don't know a lot about. He's a bit small, and his PIMs are pretty low (possibly indicating that he's soft), but he's put up a decent amount of points the last few years. Anybody got a scouting report?
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:46 AM   #467
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I don't think that is fair to Hamonic. The anxiety level in the general public at the time Hamonic made his decision was much higher. People have gotten used to the situation more now and the routines needed to protect themselves. No one knows what was behind Hamonic's decision, but it's quite possible that he was having trouble managing at the time, or that people in his immediate family were having trouble and didn't want him to go. At the time, I was suffering from some pretty acute anxiety (along with millions of others I assume) and it felt like we were living in a nightmare. I still had to work and felt a lot of guilt for having to bring my freaked out and scared kid to daycare every day and potentially exposing her. If I had the power to do so, I would have taken a leave from work at that time to deal with family and mental health issues.

He did seem to fall out of favour with the team last season, so that might have factored in, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Doubtful he was worried about exposing anyone with covid, I don't think he wanted to leave his family to live in a bubble, he also was an impending free agent and wasn't get paid. In the end I don't think it was a good career decision, had he had a good playoff he likely wouldn't be looking for a job right now.

He'll get one but at a cost.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #468
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I recall the Flames did try to re-sign him early in the season and the Hamonic camp decided not to negotiate during the season. While nobody at that time saw the pandemic coming that decision didn't work out so well for the Hamonic camp as I imagine he's not going to see the money or term the Flames were likely offering at that time from anyone now.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #469
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hamonic seems to be potentially in Glencross territory here and I wonder if he would consider taking a minimum offer somewhere if it means he gets to stay in Western Canada.

I have no problem if the Flames gave him 700k to be a 6/7 on the right side. I could see the Oilers having interest but they need to figure Bear out first. Surprised the Jets didn’t pick him up.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #470
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Hamonic seems to be potentially in Glencross territory here and I wonder if he would consider taking a minimum offer somewhere if it means he gets to stay in Western Canada.

I have no problem if the Flames gave him 700k to be a 6/7 on the right side. I could see the Oilers having interest but they need to figure Bear out first. Surprised the Jets didn’t pick him up.
It's possible there is a disconnect between what the Hamonic camp thinks he's worth and what the league thinks he's worth. He would probably be best served taking a one year deal on a team where he may be able to fit in and have a good season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote