Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-27-2018, 10:15 PM   #321
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's amazing news!
Congrats Bingo, and best wishes getting back up to speed!
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:17 PM   #322
Knut

Exp:

Congrats! Great news.

Last edited by Knut; 11-27-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #323
ckendall
Draft Pick

Godspeed to you Bingo, wishing you all the best. Been reading this site for more years than I can count, not participating much, but this has long been, by far, my favourite Flames site, thanks in most part to your game write ups and steady presence.
Wishing you nothing but positivity as you continue through this battle and your progress thus far and continued determination is inspiring.
Just want to add my voice to the legion of people behind you.
ckendall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ckendall For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #324
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is great news. All the best to you in your recovery from surgery.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:17 PM   #325
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great news! May the recovery go well for you D'Arcy!

Photon introduced me to the site way back in 2002, and it has certainly been the site I've frequented most in the past 16 years. Thank you!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:17 PM   #326
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #327
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dude, your attitude and honesty throughout this whole ####ty ordeal has really been inspirational. Super happy for you!
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #328
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Because of some history I usually avoid cancer talk, as it can sting. So I have been skirting around this post since it has started. For that I apologize. I just finished reading the entire thread and I seriously cannot be more impressed by your attitude, resilience, courage and every positive adjective that describes fight.

Simply Amazing!!

So happy for you sir. Take care of your self on recovery and I say keep on with the salty posts!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #329
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Best wishes Bingo!

Exciting developments in cancer research.

2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine: a turning point in the war on cancer
http://theconversation.com/2018-nobe...-cancer-104191

Quote:
Attempts to rid people of their cancer burden date back to 1600 B.C. when the disease was first recognized. But the idea of using a patient’s own immune system to eliminate aggressive cancers is more recent. Nobel laureate Paul Ehrlich first postulated that the immune system might control tumors more than 120 years ago. Since then, researchers have tried to boost the immune system to wipe out cancers.

This week, the 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo for discoveries that have led to new medicines that activate the immune system and drive it to fight cancers. These therapies can defeat even the deadliest malignancies.

Allison and Honjo have revolutionized our understanding of how the immune system recognizes tumor cells and have created a paradigm shift in clinical oncology that will likely alter how we treat cancer for the foreseeable future.

For the most part these treatments kill rapidly dividing tumor cells by damaging their DNA or disrupting other essential cellular processes. This has led to most of the significant treatment advances we have achieved in terms of long-term survival in patients with advanced cancers.

I believe that soon cancer immunotherapy will equal, or rival, the impact of radiation and chemotherapy for patients diagnosed with cancer.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #330
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Best wishes for a speedy and stable recovery man. I believe the underlying stats are now firmly in your favour...and if not, screw it! You can overcome it!
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #331
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

That's fantastic news! Best wishes for your recovery D'Arcy.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #332
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Great news Bingo... You CDC paste eating troll!
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #333
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fantastic news. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bingo!
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:15 PM   #334
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Best wishes Bingo!

2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine: a turning point in the war on cancer
Science rocks. This is amazing!
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #335
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Best wishes Bingo!

My mom was treated with immunotherapy over the past year for her cancer, and, knock on wood, seems to have done the trick. The drugs were awful, but didn't have nearly the same side effects as chemo did for for the first run in with cancer 10 years ago.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #336
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Last bump of this one forever!

But I've received some notes on the site with people hoping I'm well because of my scarcity and wanted to put the record straight.

So to put the final nail in this cancer coffin ...

- recovered from surgery
- did my bout of radiation
- recovered from that in March

Now I'm back to normal and it's all behind me. I look like Doctor Evil as I'm not growing my hair back either a) ever or b) until I can grow eye brows again (ongoing battle).

But I'm completely healthy and that chapter is behind me.

Thanks for all the support over the crazy year plus, really appreciate it.

The scarcity lately is more due to not much going on, not being one to make up trade scenarios, and I guess maybe a propensity to just turn away from arguments that maybe I used to chase down.

Thanks again everyone.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 249 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
14, 18YrOldSamBennett, 3thirty, AC, activeStick, ah123, archer, atb, badger89, bc-chris, bdubbs, Bear, BeltlineFan, Ben Dover, Bend it like Bourgeois, Beninho, BigBrodieFan, bigrangy, bigtmac19, Bill Bumface, billybob123, Blankcanvas, Blixa, BloodFetish, bob-loblaw, Bohica, BPH91, Brodie66, Brouhaha, btimbit, Bunk, Caboose, calf, calgarybornnraised, calgarywinning, Cali Panthers Fan, cam_wmh, Canadianman, CedarMeter, Charcot, Cheese, Chingas, chummer, CKPThunder, Clever_Iggy, ComixZone, Completely, cral12, CroFlames, CrunchBite, CRXguy, cupofjoe, Cycling76er, D as in David, darockwilder, delayedreflex, DeluxeMoustache, Demaeon, dercoch, devo22, DigitalCarpenter, dino7c, Dion, Displaced Flames fan, dissentowner, DoubleK, DownInFlames, DropIt, DT77, dutch14, DynastyEra, Enoch Root, Eric, Erick Estrada, FanIn80, fastpuck, FBI, Finger Cookin, Fire, Flambé, FlameFan21, Flames Draft Watcher, Flames Fan, Ph.D., FlamesNation23, FLAMESRULE, flamesrule_kipper34, FlamingHomer, Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration, Flickered Flame, ForeverFlameFan, Frank MetaMusil, FurnaceFace, Fuzz, Galakanokis, gargamel, Gaskal, getbak, GoFlamesGo89, GranteedEV, GreenHardHat, GreenLantern2814, GullFoss, guzzy, gvitaly, Hanna Sniper, Heavy Jack, heep223, Hey Connor, It's Mess, Hockey-and_stuff, Homeslice, Huntingwhale, I wanna be like Miikka, I-Hate-Hulse, IamNotKenKing, Iceman57, iggy_oi, IliketoPuck, iloveicedhockey, Incogneto, indes, InglewoodFan, Insufficient Funds, Itse, J79, jaikorven, jayswin, Jbo, JBR, jeffporfirio, Jetfire, Jiggy_12, Jimmy Stang, Jiri Hrdina, jkflames, JMN, josef, Julio, justing, Kasi, kbvall, kehatch, Kerplunk, Khel, KipperRules, kirant, KootenayFlamesFan, KPJ, Lil Pedro, Looch City, looooob, Lubicon, Luder, M*A*S*H 4077, mac_82, Madman, Mango, Manhattanboy, manwiches, Max Cow Disease, Mazrim, metallicat, MikePatton, mikephoen, Minnie, Moderator, monkeyman, MrButtons, MrMike, Mustache, My2Cents, N-E-B, Nammer403, nik-, nomad, nwflamesfan, OldSam, OmegaV4, ooogabooga, OutToLunch, Party Elephant, Patek23, PepsiFree, Phaneufenstein, photon, Poe969, Press Level, Prufrock, psyang, Puppet Guy, rayne008, redflamesfan08, redforever, Redliner, Rick M., roberts10, rockstar, Rubicant, Samonadreau, savardandjokinen, Save Us Sutter, saXon, schooner, Scorch, Scroopy Noopers, Sgrath, shadowlord, Shawn_Cronin44, SirPsychoSexy, Slacker, Slava, Snuffleupagus, Spezzer, Split98, SportsJunky, stang, Steve Bozek, Stochansky, Strange Brew, Superfraggle, Sutter_in_law, Swayze11, Tabaracci_31, taxbuster, Tensen, Textcritic, The Hendog, the lemming, The Original FFIV, TheCommodoreAfro, TheIronMaiden, TheScorpion, Tilley, timbit, TimSJ, tkflames, TomLeeMC, Toonage, topfiverecords, transplant99, tvp2003, underGRADFlame, vennegoor of hesselink, verda13, Vox, wookster, Yamer, ZedMan, Zoller, zukes
Old 07-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #337
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Congratulations, Bingo. What great news to wake up to. We all knew you could do it.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #338
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome update Dr Evil! Great Saturday morning news
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #339
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Glad to hear, Bingo! Congrats, man, that is inspiring
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #340
NomadAJ
Draft Pick

Fantastic news bingo! For all of us that have experienced what you have in some form or another it’s inspiring to hear these success stories. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NomadAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NomadAJ For This Useful Post: