Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Incoming calls issue downtown - Telus/iPhone

So I work downtown in an office building on the 41st floor. Lately, I've noticed an incoming call issue where my phone will ring, I'll answer it, and there's nobody there. After this, anywhere from 1-5 minutes I'll get a voicemail notification or missed call notification.

Now I will add, I know that cell phone coverage up high can be spotty and am no stranger to missed calls etc., but this calls showing up but nobody there issue is new. Anyone experience this and have investigated with Telus?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:43 AM   #2
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it's usually the first thing everyone tries but I'll say it: have you rebooted your phone lately? I've found my rare iDevice gremlins like this usually go away with a reboot.

Alternately, do you have WiFi Calling enabled? That can also cause some weird behavior if the phone is having difficulty with the wireless access point it's connected to.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I do reboot my phone fairly frequently. I just did the latest iOS update today and did a reset on all network settings, so I'll monitor and see if there's any improvements. WiFi calling not enabled.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also get this sometimes in certain parts of my office on the 22nd floor on Koodo (telus).
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:48 AM   #5
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've been having some weird issues with my iPhone on Telus lately too. It seems like it randomly drops the signal all together, sometimes multiple times a day. I'll know for sure something has happened when I get the Voicemail notification similar to if I'm driving in and out of cell service in Kananaskis and I get vm notifications when I get back in pockets of service. I also have radio streams get interrupted and last week felt like a few emails/text weren't getting sent out. I took it into the Apple store and they said hardware was fine. Also reset network settings and hasn't cleared it up. A phone restore is the next step, then they said either a new sim card, or it's a Telus problem. Super weird.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:30 PM   #6
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Have you tried putting your phone into 3G mode?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #7
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is wifi calling on?
Old 03-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #8
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So a reset of network settings seems to have helped. Have gotten all my calls the past week without any ghost calls.