Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #1321
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1194994694188601344

After this spot you could see Io killing time and distracting the camera and audience while Yim was getting treated off camera and was pretty busted over.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:56 PM   #1322
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That ladder spot is number 2, number 1 was really cool too

https://twitter.com/user/status/1195137283613057024

Old 11-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #1323
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mathgod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mathgod For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 10:18 PM   #1324
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was just watching that. The only one who knew he was coming was Renee.

I just love that song.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #1325
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cap - I cancelled my WWE Network subscription, given that they stopped doing NXT on Wednesdays and there's now an abridged version on Sportsnet on Fridays. How are you watching NXT these days?
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #1326
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Cap - I cancelled my WWE Network subscription, given that they stopped doing NXT on Wednesdays and there's now an abridged version on Sportsnet on Fridays. How are you watching NXT these days?
Watching it Thursdays on the Network
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #1327
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I cancelled the WWE Network the minute NXT live was taken off. There is really nothing else worth paying that much money for may one or two shows that could be decent (e.g. NXT UK, Evolve stuff). That money can be better used for other streaming subscriptions. I was also not doing anything with the library of events and matches.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:39 AM   #1328
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Watching it Thursdays on the Network
Oh ####, I totally thought they pulled NXT because of the TV deal. Shows what I know.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #1329
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Oh ####, I totally thought they pulled NXT because of the TV deal. Shows what I know.
Ya they just moved it a day and show the full show minus commercials. It's in a block with NXT UK
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #1330
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1194994694188601344

After this spot you could see Io killing time and distracting the camera and audience while Yim was getting treated off camera and was pretty busted over.
Not the safest but that's probably one of the best dropkick to ladder spots I've seen.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #1331
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I cancelled the WWE Network the minute NXT live was taken off. There is really nothing else worth paying that much money for may one or two shows that could be decent (e.g. NXT UK, Evolve stuff). That money can be better used for other streaming subscriptions. I was also not doing anything with the library of events and matches.

I contemplated it, but I watch NXT, NXT UK and 205 live. I also will watch some ppv's for specific matches.

I do like a lot of their backstage and documentary stuff, plus they have the tape libraries for AWA, ECW, WCW and a lot of the really old ones like Smokey and Mid South, so it still has some value for me.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #1332
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Right now Supermatt, the Asian woman are really carrying a lot of the Woman's division. Io is amazing as are the Kabuki Warriers.

But that NXT and NXT UK Womans roster is unbelievable. I do expect though that we're gong to see another massive heel turn with Dakota Kai, and she's going to go after Nox.

It looks like they're pushing Baszler to the main roster soon so we're going to have a battle for the belt.

Even on the mens side, NXT is unbelievable, and Finn as a heel just works and people are sometimes unaware of how good of a heel he was in Japan and they're teasing at a reunited Bullet Club.

To me NXT is the best Wrestling show on TV period. AEW is good, but just pure wrestling wise, NXT is slightly better. Booking wise NXT is at the top of their game.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #1333
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Fantastic backstage spot on AEW last night:

https://streamable.com/m0ub8
Finally got caught up on this week's Dynamite and just came here to post that. What a fun show from start to finish. The Bucks/P&P brawl was awesome, PAC/Page was great, and the main event had a great finish. Excited for Mox/Allin next week and P&P vs. Private Party should be a good match. And Luchasaurus is back!

They're really doing a good job of putting the wrestlers in position to get themselves over and basically sink or swim on their own, and most of these guys are flourishing. I feel invested in almost every member of the roster with a few exceptions (Dark Order, Brandon Cutler).

My only criticism is they do need to do a bit better job of showcasing the women's division. I thought they were better tonight than previous episodes but I'd still like to see more.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #1334
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

On another note, JR was atrocious on commentary. Kept referring to "Full Gear" as "Fully Loaded," called Hager "Swagger" and a couple other screw ups and just generally sounded disinterested.

It does also look like AEW is bouncing back in terms of viewership. Full Gear did a similar amount of buys as All Out and Dynamite is getting back up to where it was ratings-wise pre-World Series.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #1335
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I agree with everything you said rubecube. Only thing I think having Evil Uno as a the mouthpiece for their gimmick is going to do a huge plus for them - there is some untapped talent there and basically the reason to watch Dark Order is because of him (and how he uses the Creepers). Would love to see them "take in" Marko Stunt into the fold a la Daniel Bryan with the Wyatt Family.

The women's division is a shadow of what WWE has, but then again there just isn't a lot of premium talent that is available. They would do well to get Tenille Dashwood though, people love her and her wrestling skills are among the best.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #1336
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I agree with everything you said rubecube. Only thing I think having Evil Uno as a the mouthpiece for their gimmick is going to do a huge plus for them - there is some untapped talent there and basically the reason to watch Dark Order is because of him (and how he uses the Creepers). Would love to see them "take in" Marko Stunt into the fold a la Daniel Bryan with the Wyatt Family.

The women's division is a shadow of what WWE has, but then again there just isn't a lot of premium talent that is available. They would do well to get Tenille Dashwood though, people love her and her wrestling skills are among the best.

I would love to see what Tenille would do in NXT now with the stronger division. She was also a hilarious part of Lance Storms reality show.

AEW is doing well, JR is really struggling though.

Its to me the second best wrestling show on TV right now.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #1337
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Dashwood's match with Asuka at TakeOver: England was one of the most memorable NXT matches I can think of. Hard hitting, great pace, and a mastery in modern women's wrestling. Granted, a good worker like Asuka in the ring can make even the best look a little bit better. I have a feeling Dashwood is not long for the indies right now, she'll be back on TV soon. Gut feeling.

JR just can't keep up with modern wrestling commentary. He's missing calls and messing up words. He is also very clearly a fish out of water in today's meme-filled wrestling world.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #1338
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

AEW would do very well to move on from JR on commentary.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #1339
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd like to see them pull out the big guns for Tessa when her contract with Impact runs out but she might want to do WWE and I wouldn't blame her.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #1340
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would love to see what Tenille would do in NXT now with the stronger division. She was also a hilarious part of Lance Storms reality show.

AEW is doing well, JR is really struggling though.

Its to me the second best wrestling show on TV right now.
Yeah, I haven't been watching NXT because I cancelled the network and I refuse to get cable.