Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #121
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are we still discussing this guy? We didn't get him, who gives a rats patooty about what is happening with Jack Eichel now. Let it go.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #122
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Are we still discussing this guy? We didn't get him, who gives a rats patooty about what is happening with Jack Eichel now. Let it go.
He's the new Mark Stone. Look forward to hearing about him for years.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #123
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The meltdown is going to happen when the Flames and Knights meet in the playoffs this year. Every time Eichel scores there will be a chorus of moaning on CP.
Can we promise to keep all the stupidity to this thread at least?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #124
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Also, I heard a rumour Eichel didn’t want to come to Calgary because the fans aren’t loud enough.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 03:15 PM   #125
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The meltdown is going to happen when the Flames and Knights meet in the playoffs this year. Every time Eichel scores there will be a chorus of moaning on CP.
IF the Knights make the playoffs. IF Eichel can take contact again. IF he is a player close to his former self.

The Flames didn't get him, nor appeared ready to cough up what it took to get him, so let's move on and cheer for the players and team that is actually here and wants to be here. #### Jack Eichel.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #126
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
You are over-reacting to a couple of tidbit reports because it suits your narrative. We have no idea what a deal would have looked liked with him included. If it was even possible at all.

Comparing this to Hull, who is a player the Flames ACTUALLY had is silly.

I guess we can look forward to you complaining about this and your hyperbole for years, unless the Flames win a cup.
They spent 5 months pursuing a 24-year old #1C under contract for 5 years and didn’t close the deal.

Now they’re staring down the barrel of having to pay three wingers close to $30M, if two of them don’t just up and leave.

It is what it is.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #127
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
So what you know basically is that he was for sale, the Flames inquired because they could have used him. But not whether they had the assets Buffalo wanted and said no, or whether Buffalo said no to a good offer from the Flames.

There’s no use in moaning about Buffalo turning down a superior deal. Or Treliving hanging up if the ask was unreasonable.

It’s like complaining that the Flames missed out on Mackinnon
It’s simply an opinion about what I believe could have been.

It’s not at all like Mackinnon. I mean, they’re both hockey players, both excellent centermen but that’s about where the similarities end contextually. Hilarious comparison. Like you honestly have no idea why people would complain about this situation vs. Complaining about why we don’t have Mackinnon? That’s simply not arguing in good faith and you know it.

As for the rest of you, and the (many, sadly)anguishing posts about “why are we still talking about this”, you don’t have to. What you are posting is way more nonsense than what I am lol. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don’t want to talk about it, don’t, who cares? It’s my opinion that the Flames had a shot, should have taken it, but didn’t and I think it’s going to kick them in the ass down the road. The reason I keep bringing it up is because when you make mistakes you should learn from them. Hopefully when the Flames get their next chance to trade for a #1 center in 30 more years we will choose a different path so that they can have a chance at winning the Cup before I die.

Oh and Cecil, the fans are too quiet.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 12-03-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:29 PM   #128
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Can we promise to keep all the stupidity to this thread at least?
What is it that compels you to reply or engage in topics you don’t want to engage or discuss or in your words you feel are “stupid”?

Don’t worry, you don’t have to reply because literally nobody cares.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:30 PM   #129
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
They spent 5 months pursuing a 24-year old #1C under contract for 5 years and didn’t close the deal.

Now they’re staring down the barrel of having to pay three wingers close to $30M, if two of them don’t just up and leave.

It is what it is.
Shhhhhh you’re not allowed to talk about it because…..things? People don’t like it? It pains others somehow?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #130
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:

It is what it is.
Which wingers are going to just leave? Johnny is a UFA after this season, so perhaps. After that.......Pitlick? Ritchie? Lewis?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #131
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Which wingers are going to just leave? Johnny is a UFA after this season, so perhaps. After that.......Pitlick? Ritchie? Lewis?
Tkachuk can accept his $9M qualifying offer as soon as it comes through the fax and be a UFA at 25.

Which you know.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #132
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Tkachuk can accept his $9M qualifying offer as soon as it comes through the fax and be a UFA at 25.

Which you know.
He can also sign a 7 year deal.

I thought you meant after this season, but you meant eventually some players might leave. Okay, that's fair..
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:13 PM   #133
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
It’s simply an opinion about what I believe could have been.

It’s not at all like Mackinnon. I mean, they’re both hockey players, both excellent centermen but that’s about where the similarities end contextually. Hilarious comparison. Like you honestly have no idea why people would complain about this situation vs. Complaining about why we don’t have Mackinnon? That’s simply not arguing in good faith and you know it.
You completely missed the point, and don’t understand analogies. It’s possibly exactly like Mackinnon because the Flames arguably were not in a position to acquire either player no matter what they did.

You have no idea what “shot” the Flames took. And when pressed, I bet you won’t say what offer that Buffalo couldn’t possibly refuse should have been made.

Last edited by GioforPM; 12-03-2021 at 04:15 PM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 04:20 PM   #134
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It is what it is.
Fun way to be a fan.
I don't like the contract situations of Tkachuk and Johnny but if they leave it will force the team into a re-build.
The team is playing well. Enjoy it. Sports is fun.

We don't know how close they actually were to getting Eichel. Maybe we will at some point. But regardless it seems like a weird thing to obsess about.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:19 PM   #135
Mattman
First Line Centre

Exp:
Icon24

Tyler Johnson just had the same artificial disk replacement surgery that Eichel got. As a physiotherapy student, I find this super interesting as there were only a handful of these surgeries done for athletes done before and now we've seen 2 in a month in the NHL alone.

Team loyalty aside I hope both these guys make full comebacks and there are no drawbacks, as this opens the door for some pretty incredible sports science options.

Best of luck Tyler!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-three-months/
Old 12-05-2021, 07:51 PM   #136
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is calgarypuck.com, a site primarily focused on the Calgary Flames, with one of the forums being:

Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Jack Eichel(last I checked) is not a member of the Calgary Flames, meaning that this thread should either be moved to off topic, or closed.

In case any were wondering.
OmegaV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:53 PM   #137
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaV4 View Post
This is calgarypuck.com, a site primarily focused on the Calgary Flames, with one of the forums being:

Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Jack Eichel(last I checked) is not a member of the Calgary Flames, meaning that this thread should either be moved to off topic, or closed.

In case any were wondering.
Sometimes I think there should be a Debbie Downer sub-forum where we can put threads based on Eichel, Fox, Bennett, etc.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:56 PM   #138
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d much rather read about people pining for Eichel, in a clearly labeled discussion thread, than people whining about Cassie Campbell not being a big enough cheerleader for the Flames.

But that’s just me. People are going to talk about what’s on their mind.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #139
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why do threads like these give people fits? Could you just not click on it and carry on with your miserable lives instead of asking for it to be moved or closed? Its just the internet.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #140
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Sometimes I think there should be a Debbie Downer sub-forum where we can put threads based on Eichel, Fox, Bennett, etc.
Lol I'm all for it.

Loosely regulated whine forum! All the bellyaching one could possibly want at your fingertips a click away. Johnny not eating enough veggies? Cassie not knowing a single thing about 90s hockey culture? Sam Bennett looking like he's Jack Eichel? Jack Eichel looking like he's Jack Eichel?

Come one, come all!

Tags
gamble , jackeichel , lasvegas