Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #361
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I hissed at a friend's cat that was being a jerk once. The cat runs away now when I come over now. I think it's great. I mean, the cat was biting my shoe and my child's carrier. I felt like hissing at it was far more appropriate than yelling or attempting to whack it or being like the owner and all like, "OMG, I'm sorry. I don't know how to stop it from doing that." and the couch and other random #### is shredded. I have other friends who are cat owners and they have taught their cats to not do stuff like that.

I don't like a lot of cats. Too many owners who are like, "Cats are great. You don't need to do anything with them. Not needy like dogs... blah blah blah", and the cat (no fault to itself) is a perfect representation of a creature with a ####ty attitude because it's basically a spoiled neglected family member. There are people like this with dogs, but I find there's more cat owners that let it get bad like this than dog owners.
Don't get me wrong, I love my cat and appreciate the lighter workload compared to dogs... but they are straight up jerks with murder in their hearts.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #362
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dogs are needy, that’s the kind of the beauty of having one.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:15 AM   #363
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
People are so uptight about their lawns and parking on the street in front of their houses. It’s so petty.
One big difference between these two things is you own your lawn, but not the street in front if your house
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:24 PM   #364
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
One big difference between these two things is you own your lawn, but not the street in front if your house
Not usually. The road ROW can take up the first 2 or 3 meters from the back of the curb or side walk into of your parcel.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:22 PM   #365
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Not usually. The road ROW can take up the first 2 or 3 meters from the back of the curb or side walk into of your parcel.
I thought the Crown owns all land, we only have title to it?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:30 PM   #366
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I like this thread, it's attracted all the weirdos away from the WRGMG thread.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #367
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

My sister texts the family group chat at 11:30am today (Christmas eve, for those in the future) and says “ Merry Christmas Eve! We are going to test before anyone comes over and I think it would be a good idea if everyone could!”

Now, I have a three week old newborn. I’m not unsympathetic to being cautious.

But it does strike me that this is something that could’ve been brought up any time in the last week, especially considering we saw them three times between Dec 18-20 for extended periods.

There are still presents to be wrapped, there is still cleaning to be done, I’ve not even showered, oh, and we’re hosting Christmas dinner tomorrow.

So instead of doing any one of the hundred things we need to get done before tomorrow, we’re now going out to spend $80 we frankly don’t have for… reasons Un ####ing known.

I am sorely tempted to make them get these stupid rapid tests every time they want to come see the baby for the foreseeable future, and smile while I tell them “safety first”.

I don’t even care if I’m the #######. This is ####ing stupid.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:56 PM   #368
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
My sister texts the family group chat at 11:30am today (Christmas eve, for those in the future) and says “ Merry Christmas Eve! We are going to test before anyone comes over and I think it would be a good idea if everyone could!”

But it does strike me that this is something that could’ve been brought up any time in the last week, especially considering we saw them three times between Dec 18-20 for extended periods.

There are still presents to be wrapped, there is still cleaning to be done, I’ve not even showered, oh, and we’re hosting Christmas dinner tomorrow.

So instead of doing any one of the hundred things we need to get done before tomorrow, we’re now going out to spend $80 we frankly don’t have for… reasons Un ####ing known.

I am sorely tempted to make them get these stupid rapid tests every time they want to come see the baby for the foreseeable future, and smile while I tell them “safety first”.

You’ll probably catch Omicron while in you’re in the store buying the tests.

I kind of see everyone’s side but in your shoes, I’d be equally frustrated.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #369
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If they have free tests they should have gotten 10 tests so they should be willing to give you a test at their doorstep if they want you to come. That’s what we are doing is providing tests for people.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #370
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I would tell them if they want me to test, they can bring the test to me. Ain’t nobody got time for Xmas even test shopping.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #371
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I think it's reasonable of her. Things are changing fast. Two weeks ago I was eating wings in crowded bars with my friends. Now we're avoiding unnecessary contacts and testing before Xmas. Getting covid would cost more money than a covid test for my family.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #372
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I think it's reasonable of her. Things are changing fast. Two weeks ago I was eating wings in crowded bars with my friends. Now we're avoiding unnecessary contacts and testing before Xmas. Getting covid would cost more money than a covid test for my family.
Asking for the test is one thing.

Asking for it at 11:30 on Christmas Eve is inconsiderate.

Everyone would’ve understood if we’d been asked any time in the last week.

But to throw everything into chaos On December 24 is frankly infuriating.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #373
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Yes it’s annoying.

But with Omicron things are changing so fast I think you should have some empathy for her (especially seeing as she’s family). She probably didn’t want to impose which is why she didn’t ask on Dec 18 but with the increasing case rates she’s probably feeling like she has no other choice.

Besides, it’s the right thing to do before gathering this year. If you truly can’t find tests, ask if she has any extras or ideas on where to get one. You could do a test in the car before going into the house.

Last edited by Flames0910; 12-24-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 05:49 PM   #374
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Yes it’s annoying.

But with Omicron things are changing so fast I think you should have some empathy for her (especially seeing as she’s family). She probably didn’t want to impose which is why she didn’t ask on Dec 18 but with the increasing case rates she’s probably feeling like she has no other choice.

Besides, it’s the right thing to do before gathering this year. If you truly can’t find tests, ask if she has any extras or ideas on where to get one. You could do a test in the car before going into the house.
Totally.

Plus - at the very least - it's nothing to get mad at her over. That's more the a-hole part. OP seems way too upset about this than it warrants. For real, dude, don't make a stink over this on Christmas. We all have enough going on that flying off the handle at somebody looking to have you take reasonable precautions that - frankly, most people are asking of their guests - is totally out of line.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:13 PM   #375
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

You have like 24 hours to deal with this and all you have to do is find a few tests. How is that 'throwing everything into chaos'? Just can't see how this is a big deal. Maybe throw a text out to a few friends and see if they have extras?
Old 12-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #376
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Totally.

Plus - at the very least - it's nothing to get mad at her over. That's more the a-hole part. OP seems way too upset about this than it warrants. For real, dude, don't make a stink over this on Christmas. We all have enough going on that flying off the handle at somebody looking to have you take reasonable precautions that - frankly, most people are asking of their guests - is totally out of line.
I would say a good host provides tests for those who don’t have them.

That said I just endured a freak out from my mother in law about having to take a test I had told her she would have to take a week ago. She complained while the test was developing so I told her it wasn’t looking good. She did not find that humourous.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 07:53 PM   #377
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I would say a good host provides tests for those who don’t have them.

That said I just endured a freak out from my mother in law about having to take a test I had told her she would have to take a week ago. She complained while the test was developing so I told her it wasn’t looking good. She did not find that humourous.
If there is anything better than messing with your mother in law I haven't found it. That should be in the wrmmh thread.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:47 PM   #378
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You have like 24 hours to deal with this and all you have to do is find a few tests. How is that 'throwing everything into chaos'? Just can't see how this is a big deal. Maybe throw a text out to a few friends and see if they have extras?
The dinner was tonight. And I’ve been in the middle of preparing to host my first Christmas tomorrow.

24 hours notice would have been fine - 4 hours necessitated $80 worth of tests that came back negative because of course they did, because we have a newborn and haven’t been anywhere for three weeks.

It’s Especially frustrating when it seemed like attendance was contingent upon a negative test, after spending Extended periods together 3 of the last seven days, and Everyone is double vaxxed minimum, most people have 3.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:26 PM   #379
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
The dinner was tonight. And I’ve been in the middle of preparing to host my first Christmas tomorrow.

24 hours notice would have been fine - 4 hours necessitated $80 worth of tests that came back negative because of course they did, because we have a newborn and haven’t been anywhere for three weeks.

It’s Especially frustrating when it seemed like attendance was contingent upon a negative test, after spending Extended periods together 3 of the last seven days, and Everyone is double vaxxed minimum, most people have 3.
Oh what? The dinner is tonight? Oh man sorry, I totally missed that. Yeah four hours notice is not enough time to have that expectation. Ignore everything I said. (that's just a good rule of thumb, btw)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2021, 10:56 PM   #380
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Perhaps I missed it, but why go to the dinner at all?
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"what am i?"