Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #41
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
It has been a winter closure for as long as I can remember, here is the google street view:

Link
I mentioned it because I've 4x4'd that road in the winter (yes, stupid, I know) and there was no gate stopping me, just a "Do Not Enter" barricade. I suppose it might have been on a maintenance day or something. Only did that once, as it scared the daylights out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
No, that is the Highway 40 winter closure, a long way from Hwy 66/Powderface/Hwy 68 closure, which is what was originally being discussed. (The west end of 22x)
This is where the trail terminates, which is why I thought of it. As though he went to Kananaskis, went around the barrier, hit the 40, and then maybe found a quad trail or something. Or, as previously mentioned, he found it locked, and then circled throuhg Bragg Creek and went south from the TC. Either way, the police have reason to believe he was driving the 22x around Priddis and Bragg Creek.

Whatever he was thinking, he was pretty naive to not know that even of the police didn't find them relatively quickly, an ATVer would have within a couple of weeks.

I will be interested to hear his version of events. I'm sure it will be about as believable as that MF Downey... Uh, he went there to buy coke, and there was some "other guys there" , then he went back home to get money, and then returned to finish the transaction and lo, they were gone.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #42
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe a bear, cougar, wolf, coyote, raven etc didn't get them. I would have thought they'd be bones by now. There are bears all over Grizzly Creek.

Quote:
This is where the trail terminates, which is why I thought of it. As though he went to Kananaskis, went around the barrier, hit the 40, and then maybe found a quad trail or something. Or, as previously mentioned, he found it locked, and then circled throuhg Bragg Creek and went south from the TC. Either way, the police have reason to believe he was driving the 22x around Priddis and Bragg Creek.

You still can't get to the trail/road you're thinking of because highway 66 is closed until may 15 at Elbow Falls. Also I think the flood really bombed out that road so you'd likely not get there anyway.

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 05-06-2019 at 04:50 PM.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #43
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The suspect said something like “they’ve got it wrong, as far as I’m concerned...”. That was pretty damning if you ask me.

Such a sad thing.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #44
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I mentioned it because I've 4x4'd that road in the winter (yes, stupid, I know) and there was no gate stopping me, just a "Do Not Enter" barricade. I suppose it might have been on a maintenance day or something. Only did that once, as it scared the daylights out of me.
Whats so bad about the road in the winter? Looking at the streetview, seems like your typical paved mountain highway....
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #45
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Whats so bad about the road in the winter? Looking at the streetview, seems like your typical paved mountain highway....
At the end of the paved road, it goes full on goat trail all the way to the 40, complete with a couple of stretches along the sides of some steep-ish slopes. It's definitely not wise to drive that trail when it's covered in snow. Whether you slip off the road or simply get stuck, it's not a good place to be in early spring. Older me scolds younger me for attempting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #46
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post

This is the road he's talking about. It's mostly a pack trail or bike trail...

ok google find the nearest gas station
Old 05-06-2019, 08:24 PM   #47
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
Same suspect as before has been arrested. The fact that he went straight to the Media after his 1st arrest always sat poorly with me.

In front of a pub, seemingly half cut
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #48
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Did they release motive or cause of death? Would those details taint a jury pool? Probably stupid questions but just curious. Horrible tragedy. Can’t help but have a heavy heart reading about this.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #49
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Did they release motive or cause of death? Would those details taint a jury pool? Probably stupid questions but just curious. Horrible tragedy. Can’t help but have a heavy heart reading about this.
They believe it was domestic, and specifically said they wont release the cause of death.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 11:09 PM   #50
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's so strange how the cops just headed straight out to the exact spot where the bodies were at 4am this morning. I wonder if the guy confessed. Something other than cell phone pings brought them out there I'm sure.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:18 PM   #51
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This is the first I’ve heard of this.
SeeGeeWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeeGeeWhy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 11:56 PM   #52
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
It's so strange how the cops just headed straight out to the exact spot where the bodies were at 4am this morning. I wonder if the guy confessed. Something other than cell phone pings brought them out there I'm sure.
Interesting point. It's still pretty dark this time of year to be searching at 4am and finding the spot. It might otherwise have been a tip from a hiker or ATVer that came in late on Sunday night. Either way, it would seem that they learned something new that led them there at that hour.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #53
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

one thing that has surprised me during this (and perhaps i missed it) is how the father of the girl has not been heard from during this. this guy is a huge POS to come out to the media and tell them he did not do it.

Not if this is going to sound right, but it will be interesting to hear the details of the case and the sequence of events.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #54
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Once again, the biggest threat to women's health is.....men. I can't believe this stuff keeps happening. Women would be better off avoiding men like the plague...
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #55
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
one thing that has surprised me during this (and perhaps i missed it) is how the father of the girl has not been heard from during this. this guy is a huge POS to come out to the media and tell them he did not do it.

Not if this is going to sound right, but it will be interesting to hear the details of the case and the sequence of events.
Who knows about the father, but not everyone wants to be in front of the media during what would no doubt be one of the most difficult things he could be going through. He doesn't owe it to the public to put his face to this and the family has been speaking to the media to the extent they need to. I mean, a month ago they were just normal people going about their lives with all the stresses and hardships we all have, and then some vile excuse for a human shattered their lives. Not everyone is equipped to handle that in a way satisfying to onlookers. It looks like he wants privacy from this and I don't blame him.

BTW, not suggesting you don't know any of that and it is fair to wonder about him. I feel bad for him that he's even on any of our radars. It's so awful.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 08:47 AM   #56
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
Once again, the biggest threat to women's health is.....men. I can't believe this stuff keeps happening. Women would be better off avoiding men like the plague...
https://globalnews.ca/news/5244871/2...-death-rundle/

We took this above call the other day. And there are many more like it that don’t hit the news. It happens to everyone unfortunately.
Humanity would be better off without drugs and alcohol, truth be told.
jmac98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jmac98 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #57
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
It's actually malignant neoplasms.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1...ers%5B1%5D=3.3
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #58
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So sad. RIP
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #59
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Robert Leeming has formally been charged with two counts of second degree murder. He's being represented by Balfour Der.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/robert-le...rder-1.4411453
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #60
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
They received mare than 250 tips. I'd imagine someone mentioned seeing the vehicle or something suspicious in that spot and they decided to check it out. There's no cell service in that area IIRC, so doubtful they just suddenly followed that trail on their own.