Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #4161
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
We have had a few electrical gremlins with our GV70 which seems to be a common thing with Genesis vehicles. Also the 3.3T has absolutely abysmal fuel economy. I was getting identical fuel mileage with a 503HP S58 engine in my X3MC. It's that bad.
Are the gremlins enough to regret it, or manageable?

How is the front seat room? I'm 6'4", so I like a bit of space up front. I know the back seat behind me would be useless, but I'm fine with that. I have a truck and my wife has an SUV if we need to take a bunch of people around. My car can be a three-seater and it's not an issue.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #4162
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Genesis has to get their dealership situation sorted out because I don't want my luxury car being taken to East Side Kia for servicing.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #4163
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Genesis has to get their dealership situation sorted out because I don't want my luxury car being taken to East Side Kia for servicing.
Meh, I wouldn't care. A tech is a tech. Plus, a G70 is just a fancy Stinger. And the guys at Straightline Kia have impressed me with my Telluride so it really doesn't bother me.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:14 PM   #4164
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you're paying East Side Kia pricing, I fail to see the problem here.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:44 PM   #4165
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
If you're paying East Side Kia pricing, I fail to see the problem here.
Yeah, and you are. A 100% loaded G70 is less expensive than my loaded Telluride was. Is Genesis a luxury brand? I guess, but it's a KIA/Hyundai luxury brand, so it's not like they'd be taking my Rolls Royce to Hyundai for service. It's reasonable to have the techs that fata around on this engine/platform do the work.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #4166
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it any different than taking your Lincoln to a Ford dealership? Or Caddy to GM?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 03:17 PM   #4167
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is it any different than taking your Lincoln to a Ford dealership? Or Caddy to GM?
Hyundai and Kia's biggest problem right now is their dealerships, so yes.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:27 PM   #4168
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Hyundai and Kia's biggest problem right now is their dealerships, so yes.
You do hear horror stories, no doubt.

Personally I like it. Whenever I go to Mercedes they try to fellate me. I get invited into some monkey's office to go over the service they just performed. I'm like, it's a fataing oil change...give me my bill and keys so I can GTFO. I don't need to hotbox your cologne for 20 minutes.

KIA you're in and out with no fataing around. It's beautiful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 03:38 PM   #4169
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
You do hear horror stories, no doubt.

Personally I like it. Whenever I go to Mercedes they try to fellate me. I get invited into some monkey's office to go over the service they just performed. I'm like, it's a fataing oil change...give me my bill and keys so I can GTFO. I don't need to hotbox your cologne for 20 minutes.

KIA you're in and out with no fataing around. It's beautiful.
Fellating and fataing around? Servicing at car dealerships has certainly changed since the last time I took a vehicle to one.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 03:39 PM   #4170
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Do you know what you're getting for MPG?
I have the same engine in a Kia Stinger and it's not great - 18-20 mpg in the city and 28-30 when on road trips. I don't use premium in it, though - it would be better MPG if I did, but I track tanks and premium didn't give me an equivalent boost vs its price difference.

The back seat of the G70 is useless even without being tall. I'm 6'2" and that's why I got the stinger - my kids don't fit in the back of the G70, but it's a sweet car!
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to billybob123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #4171
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah, that's not great fuel economy, but inline with what I get in my current car so not something that bothers me.

A couple years ago I was thinking we should all be moving to more fuel-efficient cars, but then I looked around and everyone I know is driving an SUV, so figured why the fata should I care if nobody else does?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 04:17 PM   #4172
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, that's not great fuel economy, but inline with what I get in my current car so not something that bothers me.

A couple years ago I was thinking we should all be moving to more fuel-efficient cars, but then I looked around and everyone I know is driving an SUV, so figured why the fata should I care if nobody else does?
Ya my Mazda 3 Turbo is only getting around 18-20 mpg, though a lot of that is me playing with a new toy. It's going to be our last gas vehicle though so might as well have some fun with it before going electric
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2022, 06:55 AM   #4173
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are the gremlins enough to regret it, or manageable?

How is the front seat room? I'm 6'4", so I like a bit of space up front. I know the back seat behind me would be useless, but I'm fine with that. I have a truck and my wife has an SUV if we need to take a bunch of people around. My car can be a three-seater and it's not an issue.
GV70 specific here and front seat room is fine but the rear seat may be tighter for someone your height. We have carried three adults in the back without complaint. I can't comment on the G70 though. I was getting 18 mpg in the city with my X3MC and with the 3.3TT 18.4 mpg. It's surprising given the B58 is so much more powerful and my wife doesn't drive her vehicles very hard. As for the gremlins, in cold weather we would get the common issue of the collision avoidance system warning, loss of illumination on the steering wheel, unable to remote start, etc. After taking it back twice they finally changed the battery and it hasn't come back since. Service at Country Hills Hyundai has been decent though as they always clean the interior and exterior and provide a loaded top of the line Genesis loaner. Build quality is very good. On par with BMW and Audi and better than equivalent MB vehicles (interiors look cool but are junk) in lower to mid vehicles.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-09-2022 at 06:59 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2022, 12:44 PM   #4174
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob123 View Post
I have the same engine in a Kia Stinger and it's not great - 18-20 mpg in the city and 28-30 when on road trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Ya my Mazda 3 Turbo is only getting around 18-20 mpg, though a lot of that is me playing with a new toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I was getting 18 mpg in the city with my X3MC and with the 3.3TT 18.4 mpg.
As much as I love it, I'm glad I drive my winter vehicle as sparingly as I do.

12.3 MPG is my current average fuel economy.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:50 PM   #4175
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean I get about 18mpg city in my B7 S4 with the V8... not sure how a Mazda 3 is having trouble beating that.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 01:15 PM   #4176
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that mileage seems on the high side but I suppose if you are full throttle at every intersection it's possible as a lot of these small displacement turbo engines aren't very efficient when driven in a spirited manner. I think that GR Corolla with the turbo 3-cylinder is only rated at 22 mpg in the city for example.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:24 PM   #4177
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Ya my Mazda 3 Turbo is only getting around 18-20 mpg, though a lot of that is me playing with a new toy. It's going to be our last gas vehicle though so might as well have some fun with it before going electric
you must be absolutely railing the thing because I'm getting 27 mpg = 8.7L/100km in pure city driving
Old 12-09-2022, 03:00 PM   #4178
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Also questioning some of the mileage figures in here... I just checked in our kid-mobile and it's getting just under 18 mpg of all city driving... I mean, in a way, that was a pleasant surprise considering what I was seeing in some of these other posts.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 03:10 PM   #4179
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
you must be absolutely railing the thing because I'm getting 27 mpg = 8.7L/100km in pure city driving
If he's hooning it, 18-20 MPG is about right. As soon as you put your foot in it enough to start hitting boost from the turbochargers, your fuel consumption goes up in dramatic fashion.
Old 12-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #4180
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

My N/A 2.5 Mazda 3 (2010) uses 10-11 L/100km (21-23 mpUSg) in the city and no better than 8.7ish L/100 km (27 mpUSg) on the highway in winter. (It improves to ~9/7.7 L/100 km [26/31 mpUSg] in the summer.) Only a five-speed automatic though, which shared the same gearing as the 2.0 L at the time. I have no doubt the newer 2.5 Sky-Activ six-speed is much much better, especially on the highway.

That said, my "toy" (beater POS) V12 only gets about 8 mpg in the city (~30 L/100 km), 15 on the highway...
timun is offline   Reply With Quote