Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #4081
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Sarafi-ing your 911 is a long and proud tradition. That one looks too much like stock though... what we're looking for is stuff like this.
Did ya click the link?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 10:30 AM   #4082
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't see it but now I have and my comment stands. Gotta do a bit more than a slight lift and a roof rack. Did they even change from stock wheels? Those ones do not look fit for purpose.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #4083
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

RE: Windshield replacement

I have a quote of 229 from one company here in Calgary.

Waiting on a quote from Cal Alta...

This is for a 2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:03 AM   #4084
ryeguy252
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

didn't realize this was an option? anyone have any experience using this for windshields?

https://ami.ab.ca/
ryeguy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #4085
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Finally got delivery of my new Mazda 3 GT Turbo that I ordered back in April, and apparently I lucked out. I was one of the last customers to receive the 2022 model, everyone who ordered after me got shifted to the 2023 with an extra $4000 cost and way higher interest rate. Car itself is awesome, it'll be the last ICE vehicle we buy and I wanted something fun to drive that can still be practical for family use, and it delivers. 250hp, AWD, Michelin X-Ice tires (dealership actually beat Costco's price on those), this is easily the best winter vehicle I've ever driven. And the interior quality and feature set is impressively good for this price range, it's comparable to most luxury brands that cost a good $15k-$20k more

The one weird thing that the dealership told me at handoff though was to not use cruise control for the first 1000km, I've never heard of that before. I could see a couple hundred KM as a breaking in period, but that seems an excessively long time to avoid using a pretty important feature. Is this a new thing on new cars?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 03:44 PM   #4086
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I've heard that from one friend that got a new Toyota, they said the same 1000km. I get the theory but yeah it seems like a lot to me.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:49 PM   #4087
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Finally got delivery of my new Mazda 3 GT Turbo that I ordered back in April, and apparently I lucked out. I was one of the last customers to receive the 2022 model, everyone who ordered after me got shifted to the 2023 with an extra $4000 cost and way higher interest rate. Car itself is awesome, it'll be the last ICE vehicle we buy and I wanted something fun to drive that can still be practical for family use, and it delivers. 250hp, AWD, Michelin X-Ice tires (dealership actually beat Costco's price on those), this is easily the best winter vehicle I've ever driven. And the interior quality and feature set is impressively good for this price range, it's comparable to most luxury brands that cost a good $15k-$20k more

The one weird thing that the dealership told me at handoff though was to not use cruise control for the first 1000km, I've never heard of that before. I could see a couple hundred KM as a breaking in period, but that seems an excessively long time to avoid using a pretty important feature. Is this a new thing on new cars?
It will probably be quite a few years before the premium for the '23 is offset in resale value, though that might not matter depending on how long you keep the car.

I only bring that up as we just got a new kid hauler that was also ordered back in April... I was specifically told any deliveries after Sept would be MY23 (though I was also told to expect delivery in August), so I was kinda chapped to get a '22, knowing the cars in the next week(s) are going to be '23s and worth significantly more when it comes time for us to change again.

Were you able to get all the features? Supposedly we "lucked out" because we're only missing one minor feature (that we never used anyways), but due to the chip shortage, they're still delivering cars with some pretty glaring omissions in features.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:52 PM   #4088
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Were you able to get all the features? Supposedly we "lucked out" because we're only missing one minor feature (that we never used anyways), but due to the chip shortage, they're still delivering cars with some pretty glaring omissions in features.
What are you missing? Nothing was cut from my car as far as I can tell, it's got all the high-end infotainment stuff (heads up display, apple/android auto, memory seats, etc)

Also I got the 2022 model for 0% interest, finance guy told me that for the 2023 models the lowest interest rate they can offer is 6.9%. I'm quite happy to stick with the "older" model in that case
Old 11-16-2022, 04:27 PM   #4089
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard the same new car cruise control warning at least 15 years ago
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:19 PM   #4090
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have a 2010 Mazda, and I had the same break-in instructions: vary engine speed and load, ergo don't use cruise control on a long-distance drive.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:57 PM   #4091
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
What are you missing? Nothing was cut from my car as far as I can tell, it's got all the high-end infotainment stuff (heads up display, apple/android auto, memory seats, etc)

Also I got the 2022 model for 0% interest, finance guy told me that for the 2023 models the lowest interest rate they can offer is 6.9%. I'm quite happy to stick with the "older" model in that case
We're missing the hands-free exterior tailgate activation... We had it in the previous one and won't miss it now.

We were told that others were being delivered with some pretty basic features missing, like heated seats & HUD... things that I would have refused delivery over.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:07 AM   #4092
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
We're missing the hands-free exterior tailgate activation... We had it in the previous one and won't miss it now.

We were told that others were being delivered with some pretty basic features missing, like heated seats & HUD... things that I would have refused delivery over.
Heated seats and Hud are basic features? Boy we live in different worlds.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:58 AM   #4093
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Heated seats and Hud are basic features? Boy we live in different worlds.
I'll grant you HUD, but heated seats are pretty basic. My daughter's 2017 base model of all base model option-free VW Golf with cloth seats has heated seats.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 09:10 AM   #4094
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I'll grant you HUD, but heated seats are pretty basic. My daughter's 2017 base model of all base model option-free VW Golf with cloth seats has heated seats.
Yeah, maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, but both features happen to be standard for this vehicle and don't exactly represent the extreme leading edge of tech or luxury. My wife's base model of all base models Hyundai had heated seats ~15 years ago.

Like I said, for what it is, I would refuse delivery if it was missing those features.

Which makes me wonder... We didn't receive any communication whatsoever from April until Oct, and then it was "your new vehicle's here. Come get it"... They didn't even mention the missing feature until we were essentially putting our license plate on... Surely the manufacturer (and therefore the dealer) would know certain features aren't being included as the vehicle is built. Some heads-up seems reasonable earlier in the process (like prior to delivery!) and would give the customer a chance to consider or make other arrangements, and the manufacturer / dealer a chance to reallocate a car that's been passed on.

Last edited by you&me; 11-17-2022 at 09:14 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2022, 09:12 AM   #4095
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They don't want you to use cruise control because most manufacturers want the RPM varied during break-in and 1-2k km's is pretty common for a break-in period. You want to avoid constant RPM operation as much as possible which is why it's not ideal to pick up a new car and take it out on the highway as city driving is much more ideal. All my BMW's had this recommendation as well as other vehicles I've owned.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #4096
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
They don't want you to use cruise control because most manufacturers want the RPM varied during break-in. You want to avoid constant RPM operation as much as possible which is why it's not ideal to pick up a new car and take it out on the highway as city driving is much more ideal. All my BMW's had this recommendation as well as other vehicles I've owned.
Well with how much I've bombed around it in the last few days having fun, I definitely don't have to worry about a constant RPM. My 5-year old daughter gave it her seal of approval too, "I like your car better than mommy's car, it's way faster"
Old 11-19-2022, 05:02 PM   #4097
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well with how much I've bombed around it in the last few days having fun, I definitely don't have to worry about a constant RPM. My 5-year old daughter gave it her seal of approval too, "I like your car better than mommy's car, it's way faster"
Part of the fun when I first started driving was, "Hang on!"

Stupid? Perhaps. But hella fun.

That's what I want to do with my next vehicle and why lack of AWD would be a deal breaker for me. I want to drive essentially unimpeded in nearly all driving situations.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:51 PM   #4098
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Part of the fun when I first started driving was, "Hang on!"

Stupid? Perhaps. But hella fun.

That's what I want to do with my next vehicle and why lack of AWD would be a deal breaker for me. I want to drive essentially unimpeded in nearly all driving situations.
I'll never own a non-AWD vehicle again. With winter tires this thing feels like a rally car in the snow. Unplowed residential street, driving uphill? No problem, and goosing the throttle a little around corners can give you some pretty sweet drifts. I've almost emptied the tank of the dealer-filled regular octane gas, and I'm going for the full 94 octane premium on the next fill-up. Curious to see how noticeable the difference will be
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2022, 07:05 PM   #4099
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Guess I'm never buying a Mercedes...

But man they soak you for everything!

https://shop.mbusa.com/en-us/connect/

$35 a year for remote start!
Old 11-21-2022, 07:21 PM   #4100
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Guess I'm never buying a Mercedes...

But man they soak you for everything!

https://shop.mbusa.com/en-us/connect/

$35 a year for remote start!
BMW has been doing this already as well, monthly fee to unlock heated seats etc.

Greedy bastards.