Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2022, 08:11 AM   #3141
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those with multi-vehicle policies that overlap with home insurance, what provider have you found gives you the best deal? I am going to have to start shopping around again after this experience I'm currently going through with TD Meloche Monnex. All I'm trying to do is take my summer car out of storage and it's a nightmare. Suggestions would be appreciated.

... And yes, I realize the inevitable snowstorm tomorrow is my fault for taking out my summer vehicle.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:20 AM   #3142
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
For those with multi-vehicle policies that overlap with home insurance, what provider have you found gives you the best deal? I am going to have to start shopping around again after this experience I'm currently going through with TD Meloche Monnex. All I'm trying to do is take my summer car out of storage and it's a nightmare. Suggestions would be appreciated.

... And yes, I realize the inevitable snowstorm tomorrow is my fault for taking out my summer vehicle.
If you decide to switch please post who you ended up with. I'm also a dissatisfied customer...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2022, 08:33 AM   #3143
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Glad I'm not the only person that's realized that TD Insurance has gone downhill.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:14 AM   #3144
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
If you decide to switch please post who you ended up with. I'm also a dissatisfied customer...
Yeah TD "degraded" my personal house insurance (jacked up the deductible) because I had too many claims at my rental condo so I should probably switch too.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:38 AM   #3145
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

Sonnet was the cheapest I found, as long as you're comfortable doing everything yourself online. Currently paying $275/mo for a house and 2 cars
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:45 AM   #3146
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always had a good experience with TD Meloche Monnex although my rates did start going up about two or three years ago. We bought a new car 1.5 years ago and switched almost all our insurance to The Personal, which is the new partner for APEGA. Our rates for auto and home went down pretty significantly although oddly enough for my rental condo it was cheaper keeping that as a single policy with TD instead of moving it over even with the multi policy discounts.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #3147
Treycal
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Ongoing General Automotive Thread 2.0

I’m looking to do the rear brakes (rotors & pads) on our 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Touring. I could order the parts from FCPEuro but shipping costs (and taxes, duty, etc) thru FedEx looks to be high.

I did a similar job on our old XC70 a few years ago and got the parts (Zimmermann rotors & Akebono pads) locally but can’t remember where I got them.

Does anyone have a good suggestions for decent parts for Euro cars in Calgary?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #3148
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

partsavatar.ca has a whole pile of parts they are in Canada free shipping over $75 or abouts.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:52 PM   #3149
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treycal View Post
I’m looking to do the rear brakes (rotors & pads) on our 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Touring. I could order the parts from FCPEuro but shipping costs (and taxes, duty, etc) thru FedEx looks to be high.

I did a similar job on our old XC70 a few years ago and got the parts (Zimmermann rotors & Akebono pads) locally but can’t remember where I got them.

Does anyone have a good suggestions for decent parts for Euro cars in Calgary?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Germanparts.ca or rockauto.com, I use both but RA is hard to beat. FCP and other US euro companies just don’t have the volume to keep the shipping reasonable. For whatever reason rockauto ships Fedex and most lightweight items are $15 shipping and it comes in 2-3 days.

Last edited by burn_this_city; 05-06-2022 at 08:54 PM.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2022, 09:35 AM   #3150
Treycal
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Germanparts.ca or rockauto.com, I use both but RA is hard to beat. FCP and other US euro companies just don’t have the volume to keep the shipping reasonable. For whatever reason rockauto ships Fedex and most lightweight items are $15 shipping and it comes in 2-3 days.
Thanks, unfortunately brakes rotors are anything but light. Rockauto shipping was about $90.

It looks like Germanparts.ca has a bunch of pick-up warehouse locations so that may be the best bet.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:58 PM   #3151
Treycal
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks, unfortunately brakes rotors are anything but light. Rockauto shipping was about $90.

It looks like Germanparts.ca has a bunch of pick-up warehouse locations so that may be the best bet.
Ended up ordering from Germanparts.ca. Order this morning and received shipping confirmation this afternoon. $21.99 flat shipping w/ 1-2 business days delivery time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Treycal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2022, 02:14 PM   #3152
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hope they're shipping within Canada. My rear brake pads were ordered on the 29th from VelocityAP (based out of Oliver, BC) but they drop-ship from Porterfield in California. They were supposed to arrive May 4th and are currently still sitting in FedEx's Memphis hub for some goddamned reason.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:33 PM   #3153
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ended up ordering from Germanparts.ca. Order this morning and received shipping confirmation this afternoon. $21.99 flat shipping w/ 1-2 business days delivery time.
Yeah I bounce between them depending on item and shipping. Do a total cost comparison and go with whoever is cheaper.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #3154
Treycal
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Hope they're shipping within Canada.
They have a warehouse here in Calgary and it's being shipped from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Yeah I bounce between them depending on item and shipping. Do a total cost comparison and go with whoever is cheaper.
Exactly what I did. Ended up $11 cheaper with faster shipping.

Now let's just hope that I ordered and get all the right parts.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Treycal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #3155
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who's the best PPF installer in Calgary?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:35 PM   #3156
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I still think ShadowTint does some of the best install work I've seen, but cant recommend them right now as they moved to STEK brand PPF a year or two ago. Stuff is rubbish compared to Xpel or 3M. You look at it the wrong way and it etches. Sure it self heals, but seems so insanely soft vs. those other brands.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2022, 05:05 PM   #3157
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Davinci's workbench.
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #3158
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

If it's a Porsche I would take it to Proper PPF. It was started by a guy who used to do PPF at Porsche Centre Calgary. My friend got his Macan done there and it looks amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/properppf/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:21 PM   #3159
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Davinci's doesn't seem to have a webpage. And their FaceBook page has pictures of a delivery van. Not getting a great vibe.

Can't get on board with STEK, so Shadow Tinting is probably out
Old 05-09-2022, 05:23 PM   #3160
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Audi