Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #1941
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
It was my understanding, at least when Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in prison that all pending charges were dropped.
Not sure of how it works in the US but the other day BC RCMP mentioned they were still contemplating proceeding with murder charges against those two kids despite the fact they are dead. In other his case regardless of whether charges are dropped I’m not sure Epstein would ever be considered innocent. I guess technically he is but a more accurate description would be ‘never convicted’.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #1942
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
So with that, apparently all of the charges against him are dropped and he's considered innocent? I think his victims would have a good case for suing the prison. His cronies are probably pretty happy that he isn't going to be able to collaborate any of the claims against other perpetrators.
He had already been charged and convicted before. Where these ongoing charges for things he did after his release from previous charges or just new charges on old stuff?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #1943
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

America going full Russia and cleaning up loose ends. Only a complete f'ing moron would think there was no 'conspiracy'. This was one of the most high-profile prisoners in recent memory with ties to the current sitting US President and other high-profile politicians. A man under 24 hour suicide watch on the verge of giving testimony, likely implicating many household names as child rapists.

This was definitely as well a coordinated a hit as their ever was. I mean, the world's a better place without that POS living in it. But it would have been infinitely better if he could have started pointing fingers at the other pedophiles he's been covering for and start naming names.

A lot of high-profile people around the world are breathing a sigh of relief hearing this news. But hopefully that's not the case for long with the investigation still ongoing.

Suicide LOL.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:44 PM   #1944
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
America going full Russia and cleaning up loose ends. Only a complete f'ing moron would think there was no 'conspiracy'. This was one of the most high-profile prisoners in recent memory with ties to the current sitting US President and other high-profile politicians. A man under 24 hour suicide watch on the verge of giving testimony, likely implicating many household names as child rapists.

This was definitely as well a coordinated a hit as their ever was. I mean, the world's a better place without that POS living in it. But it would have been infinitely better if he could have started pointing fingers at the other pedophiles he's been covering for and start naming names.

A lot of high-profile people around the world are breathing a sigh of relief hearing this news. But hopefully that's not the case for long with the investigation still ongoing.

Suicide LOL.
Patiently waiting your evidence!
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #1945
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
He had already been charged and convicted before. Where these ongoing charges for things he did after his release from previous charges or just new charges on old stuff?

I must have misunderstood what happened with Hernandez after his suicide. Looks like if you were appealing your conviction and you died, then the conviction was automatically overturned as if the appeal was successful.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abatement_ab_initio
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #1946
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
It was my understanding, at least when Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in prison that all pending charges were dropped.
Well yeah....

edit: Wait, it looks like people can be charged after their dead? I mean I guess for closure or something, seems weird to me.

Last edited by jayswin; 08-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:59 PM   #1947
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBridgeman View Post
Patiently waiting your evidence!
Of all the jails Pre Trial is about the hardest to commit suicide in even if you know what you are doing, frankly I cannot see anyway a non crim' would have a clue how to.

All said and done this seems like a hit.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:05 PM   #1948
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

I’m gonna go Occam’s razor on this one:

Epstein had strong motivations to commit suicide. I think he committed suicide.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #1949
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Of all the jails Pre Trial is about the hardest to commit suicide in even if you know what you are doing, frankly I cannot see anyway a non crim' would have a clue how to.

Honestly I can’t see something like this happening. These are big facilities with many many people involved. It would be a huuuuuge cover up. What’s more likely is after first trying to off himself and failing people with power were able to pull strings to get him back into lighter security areas where he has access to things he could finish the job with.

I know in the Canadian system people with severe charges are put into administrative segregation for up to a month and this is without any attempts on their own lives. It’s not that I’d suspect anyone killed him other then himself. It’s likely that the situation was manipulated into allowing him to remove himself from the equation.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #1950
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

he committed suicide
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #1951
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Honestly I can’t see something like this happening. These are big facilities with many many people involved. It would be a huuuuuge cover up. What’s more likely is after first trying to off himself and failing people with power were able to pull strings to get him back into lighter security areas where he has access to things he could finish the job with.

I know in the Canadian system people with severe charges are put into administrative segregation for up to a month and this is without any attempts on their own lives. It’s not that I’d suspect anyone killed him other then himself. It’s likely that the situation was manipulated into allowing him to remove himself from the equation.
That may be the case I am going on the news he was on a suicide protocol, so paper clothing, no blankets etc, in that situation someone has to come in with a pair of undies and arrange the death, just aint happening otherwise.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #1952
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
That may be the case I am going on the news he was on a suicide protocol, so paper clothing, no blankets etc, in that situation someone has to come in with a pair of undies and arrange the death, just aint happening otherwise.
He wasn’t on suicide watch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/n...core-ios-share
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #1953
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

Suicide LOL.
I don’t think that the high profile politicians are out of the woods. Ghislaine Maxwell will likely provide additional names and evidence.

Now, if she ends up committing suicide, well...
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #1954
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Doesn't that, in itself, seem kind of odd?

He recently attempted suicide, was on suicide watch, and as the walls were caving in (even more so than any time up until this point), he's taken off suicide watch?

Maybe there wasn't so much a "hit" as, "You know what you need to do, and we're going to make it possible for you"...

(My conspiracy theory senses are primed, as we just watched the episode of Homeland in which the general "had a heart attack" in prison" )
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #1955
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Doesn't that, in itself, seem kind of odd?

He recently attempted suicide, was on suicide watch, and as the walls were caving in (even more so than any time up until this point), he's taken off suicide watch?

Maybe there wasn't so much a "hit" as, "You know what you need to do, and we're going to make it possible for you"...

(My conspiracy theory senses are primed, as we just watched the episode of Homeland in which the general "had a heart attack" in prison" )
Not really. It's been pointed out a couple other places that a suicide watch only tends to last a couple days to a week, tops. His last attempt was 16 days ago (July 25). I can see him not being on suicide watch. I do think that given who he is, he needed to be on some kind of closer supervision. There are definitely some questions to be answered here.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #1956
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
This is my point. I can only speak to my knowledge of the Canadian system. But someone as high profile as him who had made an attempt on his own life 2 weeks prior would be monitored and likely wouldn’t even have bed sheets at this point.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #1957
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
This is my point. I can only speak to my knowledge of the Canadian system. But someone as high profile as him who had made an attempt on his own life 2 weeks prior would be monitored and likely wouldn’t even have bed sheets at this point.

I was thinking while reading this thread, how about clothing? Or maybe he found a way to impale himself
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #1958
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
I was thinking while reading this thread, how about clothing? Or maybe he found a way to impale himself
Its called a baby doll here it’s basically a thick and heavy dress of sorts that would be impossible to use to hang yourself. I’ve heard of paper clothes as well but never seen it. And from articles I’ve read it says he hung himself.

I know the states is a different breed but in Canada there is no way no how someone who tried to hang themselves 2 weeks prior would already have access to the kind of resources to make it happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #1959
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t know what the proper protocol is but I wouldn’t have guessed he’d be allowed access to anything like that either. I’m glad the FBI is investigating. If there’s no foul play responsible for his death there’s probably at least some negligence involved.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #1960
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its called a baby doll here it’s basically a thick and heavy dress of sorts that would be impossible to use to hang yourself. I’ve heard of paper clothes as well but never seen it. And from articles I’ve read it says he hung himself.

I know the states is a different breed but in Canada there is no way no how someone who tried to hang themselves 2 weeks prior would already have access to the kind of resources to make it happen.
I would add that when we talk about hanging yourself in a cell there is no where to hang yourself from, it means somehow tieing off on the toilet or edge of your bed and chocking yourself lying on the ground, essentially hanging yourself from a point 2 or 3 foot off the ground