Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2023, 01:22 PM   #2901
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If you just eat well, suntan your butt-hole, and exercise, and you pretty much cover all your bases.

It's like the healthy living #### sandwich. Some good stuff on the outside, but the interior has you asking WTF you are eating.
Bro, you heard of skin cancer? Real men who know a thing about healthy living bleach their butt-hole instead.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 01:29 PM   #2902
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If you just eat well, suntan your butt-hole, and exercise, and you pretty much cover all your bases.

It's like the healthy living #### sandwich. Some good stuff on the outside, but the interior has you asking WTF you are eating.
I have a friend who follows a lot of 'Health Food Influencers' and its like when they show you their healthy 'recipes.'

Yeah...I'd rather die.

I know you cant 'out train a bad diet' but we have to make concessions in our lives to make them worth living.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 01:41 PM   #2903
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
HEY!!

Sorry, I meant...hey!
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 03:26 PM   #2904
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I have a friend who follows a lot of 'Health Food Influencers' and its like when they show you their healthy 'recipes.'

Yeah...I'd rather die.

I know you cant 'out train a bad diet' but we have to make concessions in our lives to make them worth living.
People on crazy diets like that always seem to make the diet far more painful than it has to be. There are plenty of things that taste great that will help you lose weight. Most notably a meal with lean meats and fresh vegetables can taste great and there are all sorts of seasonings and flavorings you can add with zero calories. When the health food people do it, it's always dry chicken breast and unseasoned broccoli.....why?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 03:33 PM   #2905
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
People on crazy diets like that always seem to make the diet far more painful than it has to be. There are plenty of things that taste great that will help you lose weight. Most notably a meal with lean meats and fresh vegetables can taste great and there are all sorts of seasonings and flavorings you can add with zero calories. When the health food people do it, it's always dry chicken breast and unseasoned broccoli.....why?
We're digressing from the point of this thread so I'll be brief, but I always find it funny.

"You'll never be as shredded as me!"

Oh yes, thats true. I've made my peace with that. But you're not going to stay shredded forever. One day you'll wake up and be old, I figure you might as well enjoy yourself in the meantime.

Anyways, thats that about that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 07:15 PM   #2906
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Not this Cold Shower BS again.
if there was something to it, every elite athlete would take frequent ice baths.(hint: they do)
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 07:44 PM   #2907
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ok, hold on a sec…you think ice baths help with testosterone? Ice baths are used by athletes to help with flushing out lactic acid. I have used them in the past and anecdotally I can see how they work, but yah, definitely not as a testosterone booster.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2023, 10:34 PM   #2908
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Ok, hold on a sec…you think ice baths help with testosterone? Ice baths are used by athletes to help with flushing out lactic acid. I have used them in the past and anecdotally I can see how they work, but yah, definitely not as a testosterone booster.
The right wing guys these days are ridiculous, it's hilarious.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2023, 10:41 PM   #2909
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, no, it's because I just took an ice bath! It shrinks!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:52 PM   #2910
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
I thought the lactic acid buildup thing was totally debunked?
Old 07-15-2023, 09:25 PM   #2911
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always assumed athletes did it to speed up the healing muscle recovery process after beating the tar out of their bodies, in the same way I use an ice pack on a sore knee
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:58 PM   #2912
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
So are all progressive men soy boys. Do I have to be a proud boy to be a man?

I think the guys who hate gay men are the most insecure men I have met. I think most of them get funny feelings inside when they see an attractive guy

I’m not gay, but I can certainly appreciate a good looking guy. Gay or not.

I’m not going to #### him, good for him as long as he’s not a ######.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:12 PM   #2913
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Yah, I can’t vouch for the scientific background for the “ice bath helps with lactic acid.” I just googled and there was some contradictory articles from somewhat sketchy sites, however, about 20 years ago sports trainers did recommend it for that purpose. Long story, but I actually worked out with the Flames staff and they definitely had ice baths set up for that purpose, but had far more warm pools and hot tubs for similar purposes. For me, I found heat always worked best for recovery for me. Regardless, I had certainly never heard of any of this impacting testosterone…haha. I mentioned in the vasectomy thread that I am one of the unlucky guys that had a failed vasectomy and now I’m thinking all those ice baths when I was younger must have just boosted my testosterone through the roof and that’s why my fertility can’t be stunted with a scalpel (said with extreme sarcasm).
Old 07-16-2023, 04:19 PM   #2914
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm pretty sure the heat vs. cold for recovery was solved a long time ago

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2023, 04:29 PM   #2915
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The one I never got into was the “heat liniment oils.” My eyes start to tear just thinking of some of the smells of those things.
Old 07-16-2023, 05:34 PM   #2916
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

cold water is great for bug bites, it reduces inflammation and causes tissue to contract, squeezing out the poison into your bloodstream.

If you dont have the mental fortitude to add 1 minute of cold shower to your daily routine, just admit it and skip the mental gymnastics. Its ok if you're doughy and cant do a chin-up, masculinity is difficult and it isnt for everyone.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 05:44 PM   #2917
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ah gotcha, so do I get the testosterone benefits from a one minute shower? Or just from the ice bath? What happens to my mental fortitude if I have some soy after the cold water time?
Old 07-16-2023, 05:55 PM   #2918
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

personally I like to test my mental fortitude by rescuing teenage kids from the downtown eastside, facing off drug dealers and pimps and restraining drug induced psychotic 17 year olds as they try to stab themselves, but you play in your cold shower if it helps your image of yourself, I know some can never move past their vain physical image and move into the realms of the spiritual
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:07 PM   #2919
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not masculine enough, better hit the showers.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:44 PM   #2920
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
cold water is great for bug bites, it reduces inflammation and causes tissue to contract, squeezing out the poison into your bloodstream.

If you dont have the mental fortitude to add 1 minute of cold shower to your daily routine, just admit it and skip the mental gymnastics. Its ok if you're doughy and cant do a chin-up, masculinity is difficult and it isnt for everyone.
The only that's doughy and incapable is that thing between your ears if you think one minute of cold showering does f-ck-all other than give you a woefully unearned sense of superiority.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: