Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-21-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
rooster
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default Treliving

We have heard about all these wonderful players he was trying to get but failed to get. Fleury, Kadri, Bishop are the ones I can think of. He brought in Curtis Lazar because he was so impressed with the kid because he sat in some restaurant with him for 2 hours talking. Are you kidding me that is his criteria, because he liked the kid!! He brought in a coach with a piss poor record with his previous team and then brought in all of the coaches favorite players from said team. Never even interviewed another F*&^%$$ coach!!!!(Beaudreau was available I think) He let malcontent Frolik spout off to the media thru his agent that he wanted out. Did nothing to set this straight. Frolik should have been told to go home until a trade was done. Brought in 4 players from one of the worst teams in the league last year and expects the team to be better????
rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rooster For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
Rando
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Exp:
Default

Im summary?
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
Buff
Franchise Player
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: I don't belong here
Exp:
Default

This is really a really frustrating time to be a Flame fan. Let's look at the actual problems though.

Last edited by Buff; 11-21-2019 at 10:25 PM.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 11-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #4
Jiri Hrdina
Moderator
 
Jiri Hrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Rabble?
Rabble rabble.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:29 PM   #5
jonkaupp
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Exp:
Default

He’s not good
jonkaupp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
Da_Chief
Franchise Player
 
Da_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Rabble?
Rabble rabble.
Great moderating here. Lead the pile on.
Da_Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:32 PM   #7
gt4flames
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Crescent Heights
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Rabble?
Rabble rabble.
The gelgameks might put together a half decent team. At least their pussies are 5 feet wide and filled with teeth.
gt4flames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gt4flames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:33 PM   #8
Nsd1
First Line Centre
 
Nsd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Great moderating here. Lead the pile on.
Report his post
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #9
Wolfman
First Line Centre
 
Wolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saving the world one gif at a time
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt4flames View Post
The gelgameks might put together a half decent team. At least their pussies are 5 feet wide and filled with teeth.
__________________
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #10
nieuwy-89
Powerplay Quarterback
 
nieuwy-89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Iggy-ville
Exp:
Default

I think it’s legitimate to ask some hard questions about his performance in calendar year 2019.

As of January 1, you could give him credit for building a contender and putting the team on solid footing. But since then he’s had a horrible year. Standing pat at the the trade deadline was obviously a big mistake. The Lucic for Neal trade is a disaster and will handcuff this team for years. And I’m not convinced that our GM and front office should be let off the hook for the “almost” deals for Zucker and Kadri.

The only positive move this year was re-signing Tkachuk, but even that was sloppy and dragged on for too long. It created needless drama and restricted his ability to do any other deals.

Something’s wrong with the team. We saw it exposed in the playoffs last year and it has continued into this season. I’m not sure that Tre has his finger on the pulse of this locker room.

Being accountable is fun when times are good...let’s see if he holds himself accountable for the first quarter of this season and does something about it.

Last edited by nieuwy-89; 11-21-2019 at 10:50 PM.
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieuwy-89 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #11
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Red_Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Exp:
Default

Perhaps not the most articulate of posts to open a discussion on Treliving but I do think it is time that he feel some heat for the on-ice product.



To see a sharp dropoff in a player like Giordano suggests that there are bigger problems than a couple of young guys causing dressing room issues.



Bottom line is that this is the product he has put together and right now that product sucks.
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:57 PM   #12
IrishSpring2013
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Great moderating here. Lead the pile on.
ahh awh. jiri's been pretty fun lately. user names, talkin' bout old people, poking a silly thread. lets not turn him into grumpy gus. we all prefer fun jiri.
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IrishSpring2013 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:58 PM   #13
Jiri Hrdina
Moderator
 
Jiri Hrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Great moderating here. Lead the pile on.
Calm the f down
Just having some fun
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:58 PM   #14
the2bears
Franchise Player
 
the2bears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Exp:
Default

Paragraphs. They're great.
__________________
the2bears - the indie shmup blog.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:59 PM   #15
zamler
Franchise Player
 
zamler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Calm the f down
Just having some fun
Trolling is fun.
zamler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #16
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player
 
Roof-Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Exp:
Default

Ah, if only we could have snagged "Beaudreau"
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 11:04 PM   #17
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
We have heard about all these wonderful players he was trying to get but failed to get. Fleury, Kadri, Bishop are the ones I can think of. He brought in Curtis Lazar because he was so impressed with the kid because he sat in some restaurant with him for 2 hours talking. Are you kidding me that is his criteria, because he liked the kid!! He brought in a coach with a piss poor record with his previous team and then brought in all of the coaches favorite players from said team. Never even interviewed another F*&^%$$ coach!!!!(Beaudreau was available I think) He let malcontent Frolik spout off to the media thru his agent that he wanted out. Did nothing to set this straight. Frolik should have been told to go home until a trade was done. Brought in 4 players from one of the worst teams in the league last year and expects the team to be better????
He brought in Hanifin, Lindholm, and Ryan from the Canes - oh no!! They’ve only been spoke of the most consistent players on the team this year. Man, criticize, but get the criticisms right.

He also obtained the picks for Andersson and Kylington, then drafted them. In fact he’s drafted pretty well all around. He’s done great with RFA contracts.

There’s lots that hasn’t gone right for him - UFAs in general, some trades that got nixed (not his fault).

Not sure what you think can be done with a player with an a-hole agent.
GioforPM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 PM   #18
jonkaupp
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
He brought in Hanifin, Lindholm, and Ryan from the Canes - oh no!! They’ve only been spoke of the most consistent players on the team this year. Man, criticize, but get the criticisms right.

He also obtained the picks for Andersson and Kylington, then drafted them. In fact he’s drafted pretty well all around. He’s done great with RFA contracts.

There’s lots that hasn’t gone right for him - UFAs in general, some trades that got nixed (not his fault).

Not sure what you think can be done with a player with an a-hole agent.
Insane that people want to give Treliving credit for trades he *almost* made. His UFA signings haven’t just been bad, they’ve been among the worst moves made by any GM in the NHL. There have been some good prospects but no one (Save the easiest pick in the world in Tkachuk) has really turned into a star yet so think we better slow down on declaring him such a good drafter. Doesn’t help that he’s traded away so much of his draft capital over the years. Hamonic trade was terrible. Resigning Stone. Long list of terrible moves. Treliving clearly hasn’t been a total failure but I think the sum of his parts is starting to reveal that he is no where the guy that many in this fan base say he is. I think extending him was a mistake and I hope they rectify it sooner than later.
jonkaupp is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonkaupp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #19
camm13
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Exp:
Default

The problem is within in the room, how many times has he gotten ridden of players/coaches cause they didn't mesh with the supposed tight knit group? Hamilton didn't have the right personality apparently, and right now he has more points then the entire flames roster. One year of neal, and the coach hated him so lets dump him too. And I'm still baffled at the fact that nothing was done in the summer, when every team in the west got better. He went and picked up left over oil garbage, that wasn't even good enough to play on the oil team.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #20
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkaupp View Post
Insane that people want to give Treliving credit for trades he *almost* made. His UFA signings haven’t just been bad, they’ve been among the worst moves made by any GM in the NHL. There have been some good prospects but no one (Save the easiest pick in the world in Tkachuk) has really turned into a star yet so think we better slow down on declaring him such a good drafter. Doesn’t help that he’s traded away so much of his draft capital over the years. Hamonic trade was terrible. Resigning Stone. Long list of terrible moves. Treliving clearly hasn’t been a total failure but I think the sum of his parts is starting to reveal that he is no where the guy that many in this fan base say he is. I think extending him was a mistake and I hope they rectify it sooner than later.
It’s not “credit”. But it’s refutation of the notion he sat on his hands and didn’t try to improve the team. He tried - it just didn’t get done. What could he have done to make those trades work? In one case the other team f’d up the documents. In another the player vetoed and then got traded anyway.
GioforPM is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016