Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #641
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fake pills. He kept the real ones in his money bag so he can swap them back after.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #642
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Need help. In the previous episode Mike told Nacho to switch the pills back if he had switched them already. So did we see Nacho putting the real pills or the fake pills in Hector's jacket pocket? Gratias.
I think Mike was telling him that once the pills are swapped and Hector uses them and strokes out - swap them again so the original ones are there if people investigate why they didn't work.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #643
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ Thanks guys. Great show. The cinematography in Saul and Game of Thrones is awesome for television.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #644
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The pill switch scene made me feel like I was watching Breaking Bad again. The nostalgia was pretty overwhelming.

The great part is that it has these hints and nods to the BB universe, but is still so utterly its own show with a distinct style and story.

Does any other dramatic spin-off compare in terms of popularity and execution like BCS?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:04 PM   #645
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
The pill switch scene made me feel like I was watching Breaking Bad again. The nostalgia was pretty overwhelming.

The great part is that it has these hints and nods to the BB universe, but is still so utterly its own show with a distinct style and story.

Does any other dramatic spin-off compare in terms of popularity and execution like BCS?
The only issue with that scene was that he threw the pills back in his pocket. How does someone not here pills be thrown and land land? That's loud.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #646
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

The pill swapping seemed a little unnecessary the way it was carried out. Surely Hector takes off his jacket and walks away from it? I don't know if a previous episode explicitly stated that he never went anywhere without his jacket/pills, but to me it seemed to be a really forced way to go about it. There could have been some heightened drama doing it another way. Personally, I can't think of a more dramatic way of doing it that seems more realistic, but anyway that's my only complaint.

What was with the dead guy? Is that related to his money problem or is this to do with his "girlfriend" from the playground-building episode who lost her husband?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:58 AM   #647
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The pill swapping seemed a little unnecessary the way it was carried out. Surely Hector takes off his jacket and walks away from it? I don't know if a previous episode explicitly stated that he never went anywhere without his jacket/pills, but to me it seemed to be a really forced way to go about it. There could have been some heightened drama doing it another way. Personally, I can't think of a more dramatic way of doing it that seems more realistic, but anyway that's my only complaint.

What was with the dead guy? Is that related to his money problem or is this to do with his "girlfriend" from the playground-building episode who lost her husband?
When Mike talks to that lady in the group session and hears the impact she's felt of losing her husband, he wants to do right by the truck driver he unintentionally led to get murdered when he blew the tires out of the cartels truck, who Hector later killed.

Mike asked Nacho for the location of the body (Nacho had mentioned before that they killed the driver) when he mentioned "one last thing" when Nacho picked up the empty pill capsules.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #648
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Last episode was "Slip" and now "Fall".

Jimmy has crossed the line to Saul. I have no sympathy for him now after what he did to Irene.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/everybo...barrels-256685

Jimmy is leaking empathy like his Subaru probably leaks oil, faster and faster as the season nears its end. The cruelty of what he does to Irene takes my breath away. Peeling off an old lady’s friends, the last things she has in her sunset years, without a whisper of hesitation. Manipulating her as a tool by positioning himself as the only friend she has left. And for the simplest and most crass of reasons: He needs the money.

Great scene where Kim pushes her car out of a rut. It showed how capable she is, but then we are reminded at the end that there are limits.

You just can’t beat Jimmy’s bingo patter, which seamlessly integrates cringe-inducing puns with pandering references to the Greatest Generation: “B9! Let’s hope that biopsy comes back be-nign!”

Say what you will about Howard, the Hamlindigo-clad dude can spit out a simile. “It’s like talking to Gollum,” he tells Jimmy in the parking garage. “Next time, bring a tin cup.”
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #649
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ Agreed. Great episode. It's going to be a great wrap up to the season. I loved the symbolism of the scene with Nacho and his papa with a mostly-full glass of milk in front of Nacho which he then pours down the drain once he's acknowledged that he's running with criminals and maybe ruining his relationship with his father for good. So well done.

Like other posters, I'm loving seeing more development of the Howard character. There seems like so more more to Fabian's acting chops that can roll out the rest of this season and into next. Howard could get seriously nasty given that he's under siege all of a sudden. And in another example of how good the writing and acting is, I watch Lydia interact with Mike and think she's actually likeable (outside of being a criminal and all). They didn't make her a pushover to Mike. What a great series.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #650
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Did Kim or the secretary fix the binder that was missing some pages? I thought for sure Jimmy distracting them would lead to Kim having an issue. Guess not.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #651
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assumed that she would mess up this account somehow because of overworking herself to compensate for Jimmy, but I wasn't expecting a car crash.

That jump cut was pretty awesome.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #652
Kidder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I assumed that she would mess up this account somehow because of overworking herself to compensate for Jimmy, but I wasn't expecting a car crash.

That jump cut was pretty awesome.
I came in to post about that very thing.

One thing that makes this show (and BB) so incredible is the cinematography and how it's used to convey reality or nuance.

I thought it was such a cool shot a few episodes ago when Kim sneaks that 5 minute nap in before her Mesa Verde meeting and they used the jump cut to pass the time but also illustrate how fatigued Kim feels, those 5 minutes gone in a split instant like it was nothing.

But now that shot served a greater purpose to set up that car crash. A person unfamiliar with the previous scene might be confused how that all went down, but now it's clear she fell asleep at the wheel and veered off the road.

Just brilliant stuff. I imagine her and Jimmy will come to heads here in the final episode. Everyone has been so impressed with her legal work to this point. I wonder if it buys her leeway or if this accident with end their joint practise.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #653
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was expecting an accident of some kind when they focused on her in the car for so long. The execution was unexpected - the quick cutaway to the immediate aftermath of her dozing off or being too distracted. Well done. She's been burning the candle at both ends for quite a while, it was inevitable that it would catch up with her.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #654
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

poor Irene
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #655
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just getting caught up. That treatment of Irene really pulled at the heartstrings. Switched me to disliking Jimmy almost instantly.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 AM   #656
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

came here to post poor irene.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #657
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Complete agree about the great production work of the series. Loved the foreshadowing of the accident starting with her five minute nap before with a similar snap cut, to her car issue on the oil rigs almost leading to an accident, to the shot of her in the car immediately after the near accident with the No Doz pills in her car in the foreground and finally to Jimmy's comments about her pulling another all nighter.

Noticed that 3 different people disappointed their elder's trust in one episode.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #658
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

man, this show is the definition of Slow Burn...

in a great way of course...

just seeing Jimmy turning into Saul Goodman, in the same kind of downward spiral as Walter White... its been fantastic, but hard to watch at times...

SIAP... but yeah, poor Irene...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #659
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't see why Irene has it so bad, they all got the settlement and she probably got her friends back. Yea Jimmy is a selfish heartless dick hole but the outcome could have been worse.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #660
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it will still end badly for Irene, and I think we will hate Jimmy even more for it.

I am betting that the pay-out, had they waited, would have been a lot more for each of the members of the lawsuit than Jimmy lead them to believe, or there is something else that alienates or hurts Irene more because she took the settlement.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman