Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Question!

Thanks for all the interest. It turns out that I won't be getting the seats until the 2010/2011 season.

I will probably post again once I know for certain that the tickets are going to be in my name.

Again thanks for the responses. It's nice to know that there are options available.

Last edited by MacDaddy77; 04-07-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: UPDATE!
MacDaddy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Gobsgraham
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't think lower bowl seats sell that well on here. I never have a problem selling my 309 seats but my 104 seats take a lot more work to sell. You may be better off to try and find partners that will buy 10/20/30 games up front and let them pay close to your STH price. I think you will have better success with that and you won't be paying the whole bill upfront by yourself either.
Gobsgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsgraham View Post
I don't think lower bowl seats sell that well on here. I never have a problem selling my 309 seats but my 104 seats take a lot more work to sell. You may be better off to try and find partners that will buy 10/20/30 games up front and let them pay close to your STH price. I think you will have better success with that and you won't be paying the whole bill upfront by yourself either.
Thanks, that's what I'm trying but I'm finding it to be a tough sell with my friends right now. If it was this time last year I would probably have most of the games sold by now
Old 03-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

If it was in the 200's I would probably go 50/50 with you but in the lower bowl is a little out of my price range

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

My favourite to buy is $95 per ticket, and that is stretching it. $150 per is way too much. With food, parking, and drinks, we're talking close to $400 for the night. Or I can watch it for free on HD at home
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Have you spoken to the Flames about this?

They are generally VERY strict on people just "taking over" other peoples tickets. While I currently consider myself a STH, I actually buy them up front from somebody. I get every single game all season (preseason, reg season and playoffs) up front for exactly season ticket holders cost.

I have repeatedly asked the Flames to allow me to put the tickets in my name but they have repeatedly said no, even though next year will be the third full year I've bought the tickets and used them all for myself, of which I sell about half on CP.

I guess they might be a little more lenient with family but I've had no such luck with my tickets.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post

They are generally VERY strict on people just "taking over" other peoples tickets. While I currently consider myself a STH, I actually buy them up front from somebody. I get every single game all season (preseason, reg season and playoffs) up front for exactly season ticket holders cost.

I have repeatedly asked the Flames to allow me to put the tickets in my name but they have repeatedly said no, even though next year will be the third full year I've bought the tickets and used them all for myself, of which I sell about half on CP.

I guess they might be a little more lenient with family but I've had no such luck with my tickets.
Right now the tickets are part of her Grandfathers Estate, which her dad is the executer (sp?) of. There must be some way around it. If not maybe he'll keep it like it is and I'll just put a group together to pay for the tickets.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post

What is the reasoning behind that?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
What is the reasoning behind that?
They want people to sign up for hothouse. Otherwise you could just bribe somebody who already has tickets and they'd sign them over to you, and thereby circumventing the hothouse program.

To the OP, as long as you are family you should be fine, the Flames even told me that when I talked to them. I guess I should have read your post more closely as it clearly says Father in law.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good Evening,

Thanks for your email. The ticket transferring process takes some time and more often than not involves a fee to change the tickets over to someone else. We would require that you send us in a letter outlining your request and the changes that you want made as well as having the letter signed by the primary account holder. You can fax the letter to 777-2198 or mail to P.O. Box 1540 Station M Calgary, AB T2P 3B9. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Customer Service
Calgary Flames Hockey Club
Phone: (403)777-4646
Fax: (403)777-2198
email: customerservice@calgaryflames.com
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, if you're open to the idea, I'd probably be willing to pay the STH price for 10-15 of the 41 games, as long as you pinkie swear I can have the rights to 1 playoff game per round
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

The door price on all the "red" seats in the lower bowl last season was $140.06 per ticket, however, season ticket holders payed $100.07 per ticket.

I can't find the new season ticket holder prices, but since the new door price is $150 per ticket, I'd imagine the season ticket holder price is about $110 - $115 per ticket.

So, if you're willing to come down a bit from the door price, then I'd definitly be interested in buying some off you, as I love watching games from the lower bowl. What section/row are they?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
I am thinking of taking over my father in-laws season tickets for next year.
I would be interested in a portion of the tickets, half, quarter, whatever you've got. PM on it's way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsgraham View Post
I don't think lower bowl seats sell that well on here. I never have a problem selling my 309 seats but my 104 seats take a lot more work to sell.
For what it's worth, I've had no problem selling lower bowl tickets. I think part of it has to do with your seats. I believe yours are in the top of the south corner which isn't as close as other lower bowl seats. For my money if I'm spending 150 a pop I want something closer to the action. I would think a price closer to the STH price would make for an easier sale....I know I'd be more interested.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I could probably buy 3-5 games from you as well. Its a long drive, but when we got we like to have decent seats.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #15
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

^^^^^^^^

Furnaceface's seats were the Macdaddy of all the seats I've ever sat in, well worth the $300 imo. I would buy those in a second any time they came up on here.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Just to throw in my 2¢ worth here.... when we first signed up for our game packs back in 2002 we put one of the guys' company names on the tickets, along with my name. Fast forward 2 years and we've moved up to season tickets, and buddy is no longer running his company. It took the better part of 2 years to get them to take his company name off, make my name primary, and to put the other guy who has just as big of a share as me on there as secondary. (We wanted to do that in case tickets were lost; as odds are at least one of us is at any given game.)

My suggestion to you if you take over these tickets; don't take anything for granted with the ticket office. Follow up with whoever you are talking to; to make sure they do what they say. There are some great people in the ticket office, but there are also some who aren't as caring.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'd try and get partners together to buy sets of games from you. My dad and a group of his friends have shared in his seasons tickets for years that way. Trying to sell many individual games would be quite difficult.