mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

EASHL is back for NHL16
https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

From an EA GameChanger who played the game:
Quote:
1. “The New EASHL”
Key points in this description of the new EASHL are “Reimagined ... specialized player classes to deliver a balanced competitive experience ... player skill and ability to play as a team will now be the determining factor in who wins.”
So to confirm everyone’s questions, yes EASHL will be back in NHL 16 on next-gen. It is way different than anything EASHL has ever been in the past. Personally, I did not like it at first but after playing for a few hours and getting the hang of it, I can see it being a hit later on into the game. Specialized player classes mean that each player build (grinder, playmaker, sniper, etc.) has already been pre-built for you. No longer will you have an amateur 1 card working your way up to the legend 3. The grind for 350 games 200 wins is no longer going to be evident at the release of the game in September. EA Sports has designed the new EASHL so that new players that don’t pick up the gamemode at launch will be able to jump in and still be somewhat competitive. In the past, the “Christmas noobs” and guys that start the road to legend 3 late in the game would always get destroyed by other teams because they simply did not have the attributes to compete. The thing with the new EASHL is that if I pick sniper in September and master the build over 300 games, and I match up with a guy who is playing his first game in EASHL later on in April, statistically we will be matched if we have the same build. There was multiple testing and tweaking of the builds while we were there so that each build has its pros and cons. If you try to play 6v6 you will not find any success in running with three grinders like some have done in the past. The game has been made so that teamwork within your builds is crucial. You will need to have a sniper build if you want to get that wrist shot in the slot to go in 9/10 times, and you will need a playmaker to set that sniper up. Another important fact : each player build has the SAME speed, agility and acceleration so that speed is not a factor in who is the better player. Monthly playoffs are back in EASHL. It is still uncertain whether or not you will be able to choose your height/weight in EASHL. At the time when we played on April 30/ May 1, we were able to customize our height and weight but we were potentially looking at height and weight becoming a pre-set into the builds themselves.

Last edited by mdubz; 05-19-2015 at 10:18 AM.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #702
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
EASHL is back for NHL16
https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

From an EA GameChanger who played the game:
sounds good. will be interesting and nice to get the team back together. whatever build can run around and destroy people, that'll be who i'm going with
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secol For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #703
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
sounds good. will be interesting and nice to get the team back together. whatever build can run around and destroy people, that'll be who i'm going with

NSFW!

I can hardy wait!
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #704
Baxter Renegade
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I didnt bother with 2015, which is the first NHL game I haven't bought since 2004.

2016 will be glorious and I look forward to many championships with the Fata's.

-Brett Hull
Baxter Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #705
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

EASHL sounds like it'll be glorious. I'm definitely on-board with this re-design.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #706
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

that's pretty sweet news! I also skipped 15.

So which system are most people on now? PS4 or Xbone?

I will buy a next gen just for EASHL!
Dime_On_Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #707
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime_On_Flames View Post
that's pretty sweet news! I also skipped 15.

So which system are most people on now? PS4 or Xbone?

I will buy a next gen just for EASHL!
Pretty sure the core group is all PS4
The Following User Says Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #708
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I'd like some customization in build... that was the most fun part. Seriously they're taking away building your own player? I always bought the game late and the disparate stats never bothered me one bit, having a speedy dangler embarrass me on D just increased the motivation to get better.

The problem wasn't the stats, the problem was lag in every single game, pausing and people quitting and screwing up the xp gains. Again EA proves they just don't get it, completely redesign one aspect that worked just fine while leaving the blatantly broken aspects the same, EA's gonna EA. Now there will be no motivation to keep playing, I'dd play dropins to get my guys hand eye up or to get better at hitting. The entire draw of EASHL is gone now, good work you freakin geniuses. Enjoy the lag, atleast we'll get proper clothing for the coaching team... sigh. God damn I hate EA. They won't even acknowledge lag is an issue.

Last edited by AcGold; 05-23-2015 at 08:28 PM.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #709
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
I'd like some customization in build... that was the most fun part. Seriously they're taking away building your own player? I always bought the game late and the disparate stats never bothered me one bit, having a speedy dangler embarrass me on D just increased the motivation to get better.

The problem wasn't the stats, the problem was lag in every single game, pausing and people quitting and screwing up the xp gains. Again EA proves they just don't get it, completely redesign one aspect that worked just fine while leaving the blatantly broken aspects the same, EA's gonna EA. Now there will be no motivation to keep playing, I'dd play dropins to get my guys hand eye up or to get better at hitting. The entire draw of EASHL is gone now, good work you freakin geniuses. Enjoy the lag, atleast we'll get proper clothing for the coaching team... sigh. God damn I hate EA. They won't even acknowledge lag is an issue.
Honestly i would have to disagree with you wholeheartedly, i mean in the past, I also enjoyed progressing my player card but not for the past two iterations of the game. After shelling out cabbage for the game itself and then to spend more to unlock all of the slots (since i don't play Be a Pro) made the game quite expensive. Then playing against a team of only two "grinder" type players, both 5'6 at 150lbs with 99 overall speed, that has not been as fun at all. If the create a player model is even across the board for everyone and what determines the outcome of the game is your personal skill combined with co-operational team play, I am very much in favour of the change. I suppose every once and a while i might get a touch of hesitation in the game but for the most part, I personally haven't really had an issue with lag while playing online.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #710
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Honestly i would have to disagree with you wholeheartedly, i mean in the past, I also enjoyed progressing my player card but not for the past two iterations of the game. After shelling out cabbage for the game itself and then to spend more to unlock all of the slots (since i don't play Be a Pro) made the game quite expensive. Then playing against a team of only two "grinder" type players, both 5'6 at 150lbs with 99 overall speed, that has not been as fun at all. If the create a player model is even across the board for everyone and what determines the outcome of the game is your personal skill combined with co-operational team play, I am very much in favour of the change. I suppose every once and a while i might get a touch of hesitation in the game but for the most part, I personally haven't really had an issue with lag while playing online.
agreed 100%.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #711
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i do agree that they still waste time and $ on useless stuff (like mascots, arena details, etc). fix the game first, then add the bells and whistles
Old 05-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #712
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
The player stats is debatable and I can see what you mean, however the lag is not. It's a huge issue for many people and has been for years. I've tried connecting at 4 different houses and there was constant lag in every game ever, it's not a maybe, it's not an internet settings issue it's an EA server error. I've never once played a game of EA NHL online without lag and stuttering.

I did the port forwarding and several other issues but the game simply lags for a huge portion of the player base always. There were hundreds of people complaining about it on EA's forums in the past years and they won't acknowledge the issue.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:26 PM   #713
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

i've never had lag issues unless i was playing against/with euros. and this included vghl/spnhl back in the day where people from all around NA were doing OTP leagues
Old 05-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #714
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Well good for you, you're fortunate. It's been a wide spread issue for more than a few years for many people.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #715
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Well good for you, you're fortunate. It's been a wide spread issue for more than a few years for many people.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #716
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Why not just play otp if you don't want player customization? It was the best part of the game for me, actually having a unique player with many many different playstyles possible.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #717
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Why not just play otp if you don't want player customization? It was the best part of the game for me, actually having a unique player with many many different playstyles possible.
Because you're forced to play with random morons who think they are forwards on D.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #718
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

or you get.....
the goon- runs around like wrecking ball
the troll- does the L1 block pass over and over and over and over and over
the kid- never passes, tries to dangle his way 1 v 5
Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #719
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I have two words for you...

Spoiler!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #720
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
or you get.....
the goon- runs around like wrecking ball
the troll- does the L1 block pass over and over and over and over and over
the kid- never passes, tries to dangle his way 1 v 5
I admit to being "the troll" when we play... Stamp lays someone out with a big hit, I stand over his body and spam L1. Love getting into their heads and throwing them off their game.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post: