Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #161
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Does anyone else think that the guy in these videos has one of the most punchable faces in the world?

I am not even a violent person, but c'mon!
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #162
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Its Danny... come on!
PsnaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #163
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You guys know how to access my iTunes library from my Macbook via the Xbox360 over the Telus optik system? The Xbox is connected to the modem/router using an ethernet cable but the Macbook is connected to the modem/router on a wireless connection.

I searched all over the interwebs and cannot find a solution, I don't want to burn CD's onto the Xbox hard drive or connect the Macbook to the Xbox with a cable.

There's gotta be a way right? I used to be able to use Connect 360 when I had just a Shaw modem plugged into Airport Extreme base station.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #164
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnaP View Post
Interesting....when I click on that link and enter my information it says I can watch up to 3 HD live programs in my area. But I assure you I can only watch 1, better get on the phone and see what's going on. I would LOVE to be able to get multiple HD feeds at once.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #165
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Does anyone else think that the guy in these videos has one of the most punchable faces in the world?

I am not even a violent person, but c'mon!
i rarely watch commercials anymore because of Danny and the company he works for so I like him!
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #166
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Interesting....when I click on that link and enter my information it says I can watch up to 3 HD live programs in my area. But I assure you I can only watch 1, better get on the phone and see what's going on. I would LOVE to be able to get multiple HD feeds at once.
They may have been some upgrades in your area... Let us know what they say!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #167
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A question for those who had the services installed. Did you have only one tech come out to install TV/Internet/Home phone? My dad was suppose to have all 3 done today, but only the phone guy came out. Now my dad is on the phone and the rep on the phone can't even tell him if someone is going to come out today or another day to finish the rest of the install.

The install time was scheduled for 8-10am, so needless to say my dad is pretty PO'd.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #168
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post
A question for those who had the services installed. Did you have only one tech come out to install TV/Internet/Home phone? My dad was suppose to have all 3 done today, but only the phone guy came out. Now my dad is on the phone and the rep on the phone can't even tell him if someone is going to come out today or another day to finish the rest of the install.

The install time was scheduled for 8-10am, so needless to say my dad is pretty PO'd.
I don't have the phone service, but I only had one guy show up to install tv and internet.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #169
babs
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post

That's crap. I had one guy show up to install phone, internet, and TV service (on 3 TV's). It took about 2 - 2.5 hours.
babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #170
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

it can depend tho, if they are installing in a condo or an area with certain fibre, a seperate tv tech is required.
theonlywhiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #171
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywhiteout View Post
it can depend tho, if they are installing in a condo or an area with certain fibre, a seperate tv tech is required.
Where are you getting your info?? what is this certain fibre you are talking about?

They usually send 1 guy to do everything... perhaps the order was messed and couldnt be completed. If you want I can look up the curcuit number and see whats going on with it.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #172
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If someones getting a GPON installation, and the GPON part of the order can't be fulfilled for any reason, the copper telephone installation can sometimes still be done. Telephone techs are not tv trained, but, I assumed you would know this
Old 02-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #173
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If it is a GPON order in a GPON area... then a GPON tech will get dispatched. GPON areas are sans copper.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #174
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
If it is a GPON order in a GPON area... then a GPON tech will get dispatched. GPON areas are sans copper.
Not all of them. At all. Many areas are upgraded to GPON and still have copper paths.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #175
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Where are you getting your info?? what is this certain fibre you are talking about?

They usually send 1 guy to do everything... perhaps the order was messed and couldnt be completed. If you want I can look up the curcuit number and see whats going on with it.
I sent you a PM.

This is for a single detached home.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #176
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywhiteout View Post
Not all of them. At all. Many areas are upgraded to GPON and still have copper paths.
You are correct, most homes are fed with a composite drop (fibre and copper). Now all new communities with have zero copper in the ground.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #177
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Rumor has it that an update is coming this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsnaP For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #178
Ethaniel
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Install went in yesterday at my place. Went well except they could not get my phone working So hopefully it gets going here this morning as they figured it would. Apparently it was an issue with their Computers. Didn't have a tonne of time to play with the TV etc (set up my pvr stuff and that is all), but overall it is not bad at all. My only issue at first glance is that the remote seems very touchy sometimes and you need direct line of sight to do anything. This is really annoying as I can not sit in certain places and get the remote to work (telus remote). Internet was noticeably faster as it should be going from Shaw High Speed to Telus Optik Turbo.

Tech ran full Ethernet through the house as I have it already ran to every jack. Also have no copper anywhere at this time and the GPON comes directly into the house so I am getting very fast reception and internet speeds(did a test and hit 30mb/s and 4mb/s up last night).

Over all not bad other than the remote Direct line of site with the box thing, but I can work around that or potentially look at a universal or two.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kryllyk
http://www.twitch.tv/kryllyk

Playing games on YouTube & Livestreaming on Twitch.tv Check it out!
Minecraft and more!
Ethaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #179
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I called up Telus and mentioned to them that online it says my area is eligible for 3 HD and 1 SD programs at once. After some checking around and whatnot they did verify that I am eligible for this upgrade. They are coming on the 22nd to do what they gotta do.

Sounds like the customer has to initiate this sort of thing though, which is fine they told me to check back around this time originally.

Can't wait to be able to record 2 HD and watch a live feed as well!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #180
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah that's how I know it's not available for me yet. It only says I have Telus Satellite available.