Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2024, 05:03 AM   #121
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

will be interesting to see the contract he gets in July ... this season is surely going to cost him a lot of money.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 05:28 AM   #122
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
will be interesting to see the contract he gets in July ... this season is surely going to cost him a lot of money.
The rumored contract offer was 8x9 for 72 million total. I can't see him getting more than 7 per year now and that may be a stretch. If he is able to get a 7x7 for 49 million he cost himself 23 million dollars.
Groot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Groot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 08:00 AM   #123
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
The rumored contract offer was 8x9 for 72 million total. I can't see him getting more than 7 per year now and that may be a stretch. If he is able to get a 7x7 for 49 million he cost himself 23 million dollars.
I'm kind of with devo there on a 'wait and see.' Because right now he's clocking in as a ~50ish point centre on the decline. Does that buy you $7M? I personally think closer to $5M, if he's lucky, but I really dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I agree. Like I said earlier in the thread, dogging it in your contract year? Not traditionally a good plan.

But I think its safe to say that $9M per year, from anyone, is off the table now.

And, not meant to be insulting to Lindholm, but further? His production has been wildly inconsistent. Do you want to be the GM to offer Max Term for that? He's also gettin' up there for a pro athlete...he may not be offered 7 years.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:07 AM   #124
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mangiapane is a 6m player, just being a decent center puts him around 7m, but hard to justify when you look what Ryan Orielly signed as a comparable AND better player
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:13 AM   #125
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Which idiot GM would offer more than 5 years to Lindholm when you see the preview of how this will end up? There are very few players who can carry solid play into their mid 30s. This is obviously his low but he’s not carrying a team. Never has and never will. Paired with the right guys he can be excellent but he’s not the go to guy. Not worth a long term deal.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:13 AM   #126
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

sure, he's not exactly going to Dennis Schröder himself (who once declined a 4 yr, 84m deal with the Lakers to "bet on himself" and ended up having to settle for a 1yr, 6m deal), but I think it's going to cost him significant money and term. Based on this season, why would anyone hand him a long-term deal?
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:15 AM   #127
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assume Columbus takes a shot at him since if they cant get JG going they are screwed either way. Whats another anchor when the boat already isnt moving
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:16 AM   #128
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Mangiapane is a 6m player, just being a decent center puts him around 7m, but hard to justify when you look what Ryan Orielly signed as a comparable AND better player
Mangiapane is NOT a 6m player, it just happened that some so called "wizard" paid that much for the "service."

Lindholm has been on decline ever since Gaudreau and Tkachuk left. Last season was ok, but this year was downright awful for what he is capable to do. Conroy definitely robbed the Canucks on this trade.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2024, 08:18 AM   #129
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yeah I think Columbus will make a pitch for him, igniting Gaudreau might ignite him and he is probably going to be competitively cheap this off-season barring he doesn't have a miraculous playoff run.

That said I bet he would sign a very short-term deal with Columbus to have Gaudreau try and re-ignite his game before one last big, long-term pay day the following year or two afterwards as a UFA if that works.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:18 AM   #130
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
I assume Columbus takes a shot at him since if they cant get JG going they are screwed either way. Whats another anchor when the boat already isnt moving
Actually thats not a bad plan.

Especially if you could get him relatively cheap. As in that ~7M or less range.

But again, agree with Devo...I wouldnt want to be the GM to hand him term.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:57 AM   #131
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

So was he just their emergency plan in case Pettersson bounced?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:02 AM   #132
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Special Agent Craig Conroy derailing the Canucks dream season one trade at a time.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2024, 12:29 AM   #133
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by カナダ人です View Post
Lindholm has been very bad for the Canucks. Black hole for offence the last 6 or 7 games.

He's been taken off the powerplay entirely lol

Not true

They've switched the units around the last few weeks as it struggled since the asg

Petterson was off first unit for a few games too a few weeks ago
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote