Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 10:06 AM   #361
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMilwaukee View Post
I had to check out HF Oilers out of curiosity. I feel like I just waded through a landfill.

Did you know if Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault, and Schaefer provide any depth scoring they will win the cup?

No pressure rookies.

They should just draft the best defensive prospects they can get their hands on. Always trying to outscore their problems.

I should add, if those 4 guys don't provide depth scoring it "would disappoint". Disappointment it is!
It’s amazing…… hot take, if Dube scores 35 Flames win the cup………bahahaha, idiots

Last edited by Sofa GM; 08-13-2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:15 AM   #362
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am totally fine with the Oilers repeatedly making the playoffs only to have their hopes dashed by deeper teams until Draisaitl and then McDavid's contracts expire and their window of opportunity with generational talent settles into a decade of disappointing memories and unfulfilled desires.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 10:17 AM   #363
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I am totally fine with the Oilers repeatedly making the playoffs only to have their hopes dashed by deeper teams until Draisaitl and then McDavid's contracts expire and their window of opportunity with generational talent settles into a decade of disappointing memories and unfulfilled desires.
I’m sure the NYR are already banking on landing McDavid
Old 08-13-2022, 11:31 AM   #364
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
Needed this thread bumped, cannot have it drop 2 days behind. Any updates on Oilers Cup parade planning for 2023?
I've heard rumors that it would be long, but this leaked route hits all the highlights in the city!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 01:03 PM   #365
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I've heard rumors that it would be long, but this leaked route hits all the highlights in the city!

No stop at the west side compost facility?
Old 08-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #366
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I had to check out HF Oilers out of curiosity. I feel like I just waded through a landfill.

Did you know if Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault, and Schaefer provide any depth scoring they will win the cup?

No pressure rookies.

They should just draft the best defensive prospects they can get their hands on. Always trying to outscore their problems.

I should add, if those 4 guys don't provide depth scoring it "would disappoint". Disappointment it is!
Boberg is heading towards bust territory or at least serious downgrade territory.

Holloway looks to maybe be a good player, but I wouldn't be to confident in him jumping into some kind of huge scoring role based on his production in the AHL. He's being seriously over hyped. If he makes the Oilers full time, its more about the lack of depth for the Oilers organization.

The other two guys are going to need time in the AHL, if the Oilers rush them to their lineup they're going to wreck em.

Woodcroft will be a lame duck coach by game 55 btw, with McDavid pulling off his usual behind the scenes "Leadership" of ignoring him to get his individual trophies and demanding a juice box.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 08-13-2022, 04:33 PM   #367
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Broberg can’t be a bust in Edmonton. He was an 8th overall pick. He’s locked in to being one of the greatest Oilers of all time. The next Pronger or Bobby Orr and is well on a path to a 8x$9.25M.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:36 PM   #368
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Broberg can’t be a bust in Edmonton. He was an 8th overall pick. He’s locked in to being one of the greatest Oilers of all time. The next Pronger or Bobby Orr and is well on a path to a 8x$9.25M.
Well he’s at very least better than Jakob Chychrun so that’s a thing…… learned that on HFOil this AM
Old 08-13-2022, 04:56 PM   #369
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No pressure rookies.

If those 4 are all in the lineup, the last thing they will be is Stanley Cup contenders.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:04 PM   #370
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
If those 4 are all in the lineup, the last thing they will be is Stanley Cup contenders.
Nope, this is not the case……. Not according to HFOil……. Holy moly
Old 08-13-2022, 05:13 PM   #371
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There isn’t a more delusional fan base or media group that what the Coilers have. A statement about Broberg like that is equivalent to Flames fans saying Valimaki is as good as Hedman. You just don’t see that #### here, so hats off to all the Flames fans and posters on here that clearly have a much higher level of pride and hockey knowledge
The Following User Says Thank You to Sofa GM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 05:22 PM   #372
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m honestly getting super nervous. That D of Nurse, Bouchard and Broberg is incredible. That’s pedigree like a Pronger, Neidermayer, Beauchemin cup winning roster.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #373
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I’m honestly getting super nervous. That D of Nurse, Bouchard and Broberg is incredible. That’s pedigree like a Pronger, Neidermayer, Beauchemin cup winning roster.
Looking forward to hearing the call of all the Jack Michael’s ‘###### Bombs’ from the point….
Old 08-13-2022, 06:08 PM   #374
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, when any one of those three are going to be on the ice at any given time, it wouldnt surprise me if the Oilers dont concede a goal against all season.

Grim times in the Pacific to be certain.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-13-2022, 06:25 PM   #375
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Happy birthday to former Oiler Ales Hemsky

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 06:28 PM   #376
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Happy birthday to former Oiler Ales Hemsky

Hemsky probably doesnt even remember that its his own birthday after taking so many of those hits.

Damn...Regehr was the best.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #377
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yeah, when any one of those three are going to be on the ice at any given time, it wouldnt surprise me if the Oilers dont concede a goal against all season.

Grim times in the Pacific to be certain.
The one skill that those defenseman and the Oilers collectively have mastered is not caring when they get scored on, repeatedly and often.

The Flames lost that series becuase when the Oilers jumped the play in hopes of getting odd man rushes or situation, and scored, the D, especially Hanifan and Andersson were affected by giving up goals, and especially game 3, they turned into pumpkins as a result and it snowballed as they lost confidence.

The Oilers gave up as egrigous goals but their defense had immediate amnesia and didn't get any more down than usual and the team itself didn't get down because they were giving up bucket loads of goals, maybe because they were used to it.

Basically, the Flames lost confidence in their and by their defense.amd were a bit shell shocked. Oilers didn't care that they were terrible defensively and didn't let it affect them.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:43 PM   #378
Sofa GM
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
The one skill that those defenseman and the Oilers collectively have mastered is not caring when they get scored on, repeatedly and often.

The Flames lost that series becuase when the Oilers jumped the play in hopes of getting odd man rushes or situation, and scored, the D, especially Hanifan and Andersson were affected by giving up goals, and especially game 3, they turned into pumpkins as a result and it snowballed as they lost confidence.

The Oilers gave up as egrigous goals but their defense had immediate amnesia and didn't get any more down than usual and the team itself didn't get down because they were giving up bucket loads of goals, maybe because they were used to it.

Basically, the Flames lost confidence in their and by their defense.amd were a bit shell shocked. Oilers didn't care that they were terrible defensively and didn't let it affect them.
Not really… the sole reason for the series loss was Markstrom couldn’t stop a beach ball, nothing more than that
The Following User Says Thank You to Sofa GM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #379
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not really… the sole reason for the series loss was Markstrom couldn’t stop a beach ball, nothing more than that
No. Thats overly simplistic.

Markstrom didnt go from one of the best goalies in the playoffs in the Dallas series to hot garbage overnight.

First thing, I think we're really under-rating the loss of Tanev that completely unspooled our defence. A huge part of the trade to acquire Weegar so there is an experienced and competent defenceman available.

You are correct, Markstrom wasnt good, but they also hung him out to dry and the rest of the D-Corps....its like they forgot how to hockey.

That was insane and frankly, I'm disappointed Sutter didnt clamp down on that and change strategy.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #380
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Zero confidence from our two top Dman. Game 3 turned the series when the Oilers created and score on 4 odd man rushes in 10 or so minutes. None of those are Markstrom. There are other rushes as well that he saved. The D was in shambles and no Tanev to calm the tide.

Of course Game 2 a quick whistle otherwise that game was tied in the third didn't help as very easily the Flames are up 2-0 in series.

But Hanifan and Andersson and Kylington never really recovered from that game 3 demoralizing. Again, Oilers and their D were letting in goals but it didn't affect them as much.
Closed Thread

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good , no good no good , no good no good no good , not f***ing good enough