Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #201
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha did anyone just catch Jeff's exit speech? Haha, didn't expect anything less from him; "it's only $600,000 after Obama gets to it".

But yeah Skupin is pretty much a complete moron like Pete said last week. He's definitely no longer close to being one of the best survivor's ever imo. He's just been a follower/floater the entire season, and hasn't even performed that well in challenges thus far.

Last edited by trackercowe; 11-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #202
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. I haven't been able to watch since Ep 2, but this was sure a wild one to come back to. That was probably the most insane tribal council I've seen. This should be one hell of a final 8.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #203
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why the heck would Penner vote for Abi instead of Pete.

And what an idiot Skupin is for voting for Jeff
Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #204
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Penner voted for Abi? I assumed someone else did. What a complete moron he is too. All the returnees have played awful games this year.

Holding out hope that one of Malcolm or Denise win it this year, as they are the only two who really deserve it.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #205
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Penner might have just wanted to shake things up or get back at Jeff Kent, although it's very strange

Skupin is an idiot, that's two horrible votes in a row for him

next week should be really interesting, the seasons are always better when it's a complete toss up who's going home from episode to episode, great tribal
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #206
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also loved

"he freaked out..... so I knew he didn't have an idol"

he's trying to hard to play a mastermind type game, even called himself it, and just failing at every angle
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #207
bradster57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Good episode. I thought the season was pretty boring until last night. Hopefully the rest are as unpredictable as that.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #208
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think this has been one of the best seasons we have seen in a while just because there are so many people actually playing the game. From day one there has been a lot of people, the ones you see up there plus more, that actually cared about strategy, I am a big fan of this three alliance system. It really forces people to start playing earlier than normal.

I was happy to see Kent go home, he screwed over Penner and this was karma. I never wanted him to win, and his whole vendetta against the returnees is petty. He is obviously very competitive, and obviously a very sore loser. "It's a joke." was his comment when Penner won immunity. Seriously buddy? He beat you fair and square, suck it up princess. Enjoy your time on the bench.

The thing that scares me now, those 5 have all the power, and there is a good chance one of Denise or Malcolm won't win this game. It will take an incredibly strategic idol placement on their part to pull it off as Tandang (sp) can't split the votes to flush the idol without running the risk of one of them going home.

Also, is Skupin an idiot? He now guarentees himself a spot in the final 5, Pete said himself he plans to keep him around as the swing vote. If he votes out Abi or Pete, who's to say that once the other guys have their numbers they don't vote him out next? Does the order really matter? They just want to get rid of Tandang. The only person he fully trusts is Lisa and he is going along with her.

I am also confident that if either Sofie or Kim were to be on this season there is not a chance in hell they would win, great casting this time around. Really makes up for two seasons of weak, weak players.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #209
SilverGS
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Seems most people want to make the final 3 with 2 of the evil triumvirate so maybe keeping them around. Jeff was too focused on a stupid quest to get rid of the veterans. Hell that should be your strategy. Bring Penner and Skupin to the final 3 with you knowing that many people don't want a vet to win anyways and probably wouldn't vote for them in the end. Neither is a physical threat, although Penners desperate win was sweet, and both would probably stay loyal as long as you keep them around.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverGS For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #210
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
Seems most people want to make the final 3 with 2 of the evil triumvirate so maybe keeping them around. Jeff was too focused on a stupid quest to get rid of the veterans. Hell that should be your strategy. Bring Penner and Skupin to the final 3 with you knowing that many people don't want a vet to win anyways and probably wouldn't vote for them in the end. Neither is a physical threat, although Penners desperate win was sweet, and both would probably stay loyal as long as you keep them around.

Exactly.

/game
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #211
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #212
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

No matter what I'm dragging Abi to the final three, not only is she unlikable, but she's dumb and she keeps sitting out challenges.

And two people on the jury already hate her.

Great tribal last night, nobody played it very well, and Blair picked unwisely in terms of an alliance.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #213
Yanda
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Put me in the club thats happy to say goodbye to Jeff Kent. He was fun to watch in challenges early but hes game strategy is horrible. I really hope Skupin is the next to go for 2 reasons. 1) His questionable voting 2) To give Lisa less options.

I also wish that they would show Artis more. They have said Abi, Artis and Pete have been douchy around camp, so lets see it. Aside from his reaction to them quiting the challenge 3-4 weeks ago I havent really seen him being overly negative. Is he getting a bad rap because of the company hes with? or did I miss something?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #214
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've been really disappointing in Skupin, he was an absolutely unkillable monster in his first go around until he fell into the fire.

Its almost like the years haven't been kind to him physically or mentally.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #215
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've been really disappointing in Skupin, he was an absolutely unkillable monster in his first go around until he fell into the fire.

Its almost like the years haven't been kind to him physically or mentally.
Wooo! Great result tonight, chalk one up for the good guys.

As for my thoughts on Skupin...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #216
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Loving this season.

Last edited by killer_carlson; 11-14-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #217
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
Id say skupin is only behind Pete and Malcolm in terms of physical threats remaining.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #218
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Soooooooooooo glad to see Skupin switch tonight. Abi once again opened her mouth too much and it cost her alliance, not sure what the heck she is thinking. All she had to do the past few episodes is be nice to Skupin and Lisa and she would be fine.........but she keeps yapping and it caught up to her.

Penner is playing a great game.

And gotta give credit to Artis, what humble and nice words upon his departing. Good for him.

The season is finally picking up steam. The past two tribal councils have been great.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #219
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Abi is only still alive because every one recognizes that she will never get a vote in front of a jury.

Lisa needs to make her mark in the sand soon, I was hoping that she would do the smart thing and change her vote tonight.

Penner did an effective job of jumping into the drivers seat. With 8 players left he can form an alliance with Lisa, Michael and the smart move is to grab Abi and one of the other weaker players. You have to get rid of the stronger physical threats now.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #220
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Abi is only still alive because every one recognizes that she will never get a vote in front of a jury.

Lisa needs to make her mark in the sand soon, I was hoping that she would do the smart thing and change her vote tonight.
True. Smart play by Penner & co.

They didn't show it tonight, but I have a feeling that Skupin told Lisa to vote that way tonight to make her feel good about herself............they both knew what was happening, this way Lisa didn't feel like the 'bad guy', and Artis still gets voted out. Smart move, since they are obviously in an alliance.

The show is finally getting good. Took it a while, but it's finally there.

Tags
pool , survivor , survivor pool