Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2022, 11:51 AM   #2221
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mangiapane's price tag has been pretty much set by the market via a few recent signings. Somewhere around $5M. Gaudreau's - who knows. I'm guessing around $10.

Tkachuk you need to qualify. And then maybe trade to someone who can extend him for 8 more years after that. St. Louis is about to get done in in the second round, just like Calgary, so maybe there's a hockey trade to make. They have some nice young pieces, but probably not willing to part with Kyrou or Thomas. But maybe Barbashev, Buchnevich, Schenn or Saad+?

I think you need to assess 2C after seeing how Monahan's surgery goes. If it's not good you have to trade him at a loss. Or buyout, but obviously trade is better, even with retention. Ditto Lucic, though if you have to eat one more year of him I'm OK, depending on the budget.

Keep Lindholm, Backlund, Jarnkrok, Dube, Coleman, see what Lewis wants. Toffoli was a disappointment in the POs but he's not that expensive and he can be better IMO.

Can't re-sign Z though I'm happy with him. Re-sign Gud, Stone. I think you keep Hanifin despite a poor PO, and you keep Rasmus, Tanev, Kylington, and hope that the farm kids take more steps.

Goalies stay the same unless Wolf forces the hand.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:03 PM   #2222
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Mangiapane's price tag has been pretty much set by the market via a few recent signings. Somewhere around $5M. Gaudreau's - who knows. I'm guessing around $10.

Tkachuk you need to qualify. And then maybe trade to someone who can extend him for 8 more years after that. St. Louis is about to get done in in the second round, just like Calgary, so maybe there's a hockey trade to make. They have some nice young pieces, but probably not willing to part with Kyrou or Thomas. But maybe Barbashev, Buchnevich, Schenn or Saad+?

I think you need to assess 2C after seeing how Monahan's surgery goes. If it's not good you have to trade him at a loss. Or buyout, but obviously trade is better, even with retention. Ditto Lucic, though if you have to eat one more year of him I'm OK, depending on the budget.

Keep Lindholm, Backlund, Jarnkrok, Dube, Coleman, see what Lewis wants. Toffoli was a disappointment in the POs but he's not that expensive and he can be better IMO.

Can't re-sign Z though I'm happy with him. Re-sign Gud, Stone. I think you keep Hanifin despite a poor PO, and you keep Rasmus, Tanev, Kylington, and hope that the farm kids take more steps.

Goalies stay the same unless Wolf forces the hand.
No to that Blues deal. Any deal with the Blues starts with Kyrou or they can go pound sand.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #2223
browntrout
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camm13 View Post
I was with you until you said Malkin. He'd take a pay cut to stay in Pittsburgh I imagine. If not, its hard to believe he'd be interesting in coming here.
A healthy Malkin, even at his age would be a huge boost to the team, if he is on LTIR permanently because of his injuries, not the end of the world for Calgary.

If Gaudreau leaves, it has to be a full rebuild, I can't see Tkachuk wanting to stay at that point, and he may want to leave anyways.

I guess a full rebuild is a distinct possibility and could happen sooner then expected. I would not be adverse to it, reality is it is going to be very hard to beat Edmonton or Colorado, they have the superstars that time and time again are always the ones that carry teams to championships
browntrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:10 PM   #2224
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
No to that Blues deal. Any deal with the Blues starts with Kyrou or they can go pound sand.
If the Flames move on from Tkachuk they cannot replace him with older players in a quality for quantity deal.

Ideally it would be for young cost controlled players that helps free up the money to keep Johnny here as well as make other necessary changes.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #2225
BrennyBaller
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Not sure if it's been posted or not, but I've seen Devils fans saying trade #2 pick for Tkachuk
BrennyBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrennyBaller For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #2226
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whether Johnny stays or not, I think I am fine with the Flames trading Tkachuk as long as they can get a solid return.

Personally, I think you'd be selling high because I don't think he'll repeat that season again and to be honest, his skating ability is very concerning. When he inevitably loses a step his production will likely fall off a cliff.

I wonder what Ottawa would offer in order to get the Tkachuk brothers together?
I've always thought that a Tkachuk/Barzal swap would make sense too, and after a 100+ point season might be the time to try it. Would love to get faster and deeper down the middle.

I sure do hope Johnny stays though. My god he will leave a massive hole in the roster if he leaves, despite his tiny size.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #2227
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Not to the level of a 24 year old 100 point player
One has yet to show up in the playoffs. One has performed well in playoffs on more than one occasion, and has a cup
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:42 PM   #2228
flamesgod
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Francis on the Marek show this morning already regurgitating his opinion that these players will be in his words "heading off for greener pastures".
What are “ greener pastures”? Because none of the teams that were in the final 8 will be in a position to sign either player. Dumb take. Once again.
However, I’m definitely in the trade Tkachuk camp for a massive return, as his value is likely never going to be higher.
flamesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:58 PM   #2229
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

completely wrong thread, my bad

Freeway had a good breakdown of the OT goal last night

https://twitter.com/user/status/1530239224900857857

Last edited by Ashasx; 05-27-2022 at 01:05 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 01:03 PM   #2230
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Pike's exactly right there. Hanifin was a little slow on decision making all night and ended up eating the puck on more than one occasion where it could have been avoided with a quicker pass. And everyone else was too passive, and of course no save.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:08 PM   #2231
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

I wonder what Ottawa would offer in order to get the Tkachuk brothers together?
Tkachuk for Chabot?
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:35 PM   #2232
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
Tkachuk for Chabot?
Yeah, something like that might work too.

Get that legit #1 Dman in his prime locked up with term
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:37 PM   #2233
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Yeah Pike's exactly right there. Hanifin was a little slow on decision making all night and ended up eating the puck on more than one occasion where it could have been avoided with a quicker pass. And everyone else was too passive, and of course no save.
Hanifin was doing this very thing throughout the playoffs. I remember screaming at him in the Dallas series as well. No poise or desire to absorb contact and make a better play. Just throw the puck away because big rough & tough McDavid was coming after you to put you through the glass.

There’s a reason why Hanifin finished -11 in 12 games which I can only imagine was a team worst. The Oilers probably picked up on this in their video sessions and targeted him.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #2234
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
One has yet to show up in the playoffs. One has performed well in playoffs on more than one occasion, and has a cup
come on that would be a terrible trade
and Tkachuk has more playoff points than Tarasenko this year

I would trade Tkachuk for a haul but lets not be ridiculous
Old 05-27-2022, 01:41 PM   #2235
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Hanifin was doing this very thing throughout the playoffs. I remember screaming at him in the Dallas series as well. No poise or desire to absorb contact and make a better play. Just throw the puck away because big rough & tough McDavid was coming after you to put you through the glass.

There’s a reason why Hanifin finished -11 in 12 games which I can only imagine was a team worst. The Oilers probably picked up on this in their video sessions and targeted him.
because he played mostly against the McDavid line with .852 goaltending
Old 05-27-2022, 01:45 PM   #2236
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sign and trade Gaudreau for the #2 pick and sign and trade Tkachuk to Arizona for the #3 pick. Would be one way to speed up a rebuild
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #2237
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Sign and trade Gaudreau for the #2 pick and sign and trade Tkachuk to Arizona for the #3 pick. Would be one way to speed up a rebuild
Bold moves Sir, bold moves...how interesting that would be...
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #2238
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why would NJ trade the #2 overall pick instead of just signing JG?

And why would JG sign with Calgary just to be traded and see the team he is getting traded to give up an asset instead of just signing with that team.

The only possible reason for a sign and trade is getting the 8th year for a team the player want to goes too/knows they will be signing with.

That's not going to get you the #2 pick
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:53 PM   #2239
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
Tkachuk for Chabot?
No way Ottawa would do that. Tkachuk is a luxury to them.

2nd + Holtz is the best fan offer I have seen on HF lol
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #2240
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sign and trade Gaudreau for the #2 pick
The Devils pay a second overall pick for the pleasure of getting Gaudreau for an extra year lol? Or the Flames sign Gaudreau with no trade protection and then jettison him?
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flames , stanley cup , win