Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #1921
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The main event on Dynamite was the most fun match I've seen in many years. Stuff that made me laugh out loud and a couple holy #### spots, with Kenny's move off the scissor lift being the best.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:43 PM   #1922
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looked like Sammy took that golf cart hit pretty violently! That was a fun main event too, I agree. Thoroughly enjoying Dynamite more than anything WWE these days.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 11:07 PM   #1923
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Things got alittle creepy when Old man Jake the Snake was dry humping Brandi
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:33 PM   #1924
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just watched a couple of the Dark Side of the Ring shows that I found on Youtube.

The one on David Schultz and the slap heard around the world that ended his career. I guess Schultz has mellowed a lot in his old age because for a long time he refused to break Kayfabe in the business and refused to talk about it. But its a great episode.

I also watched Cowboy Boots and Cocaine which is focused around Herb Abrahms and the UWF. For some of you old farts you might remember UWF which was trying to position itself as a competitor to the WWF at the time, and Herb had signed a huge amount of former WWE talent and young talent off of the indies. But it failed and Herb died under mysterious circumstances.

Both really good watches.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:32 AM   #1925
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
The main event on Dynamite was the most fun match I've seen in many years. Stuff that made me laugh out loud and a couple holy #### spots, with Kenny's move off the scissor lift being the best.
Dr. Britt’s POV is hilariously awesome

https://twitter.com/user/status/1258228294715092994
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #1926
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I just watched a couple of the Dark Side of the Ring shows that I found on Youtube.

The one on David Schultz and the slap heard around the world that ended his career. I guess Schultz has mellowed a lot in his old age because for a long time he refused to break Kayfabe in the business and refused to talk about it. But its a great episode.

I also watched Cowboy Boots and Cocaine which is focused around Herb Abrahms and the UWF. For some of you old farts you might remember UWF which was trying to position itself as a competitor to the WWF at the time, and Herb had signed a huge amount of former WWE talent and young talent off of the indies. But it failed and Herb died under mysterious circumstances.

Do you have the Crave movie channel? You can log in online using your cable provider login and stream them there. I didn't realize it until after I had watched the Jimmy Snuka episode on Youtube.

I watched these every Wednesday morning at work since I barely have anything to do anymore since the outbreak.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #1927
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1258193451205767168
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:56 AM   #1928
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

EC3 is obviously changing his character up, building hype, and practicing his promo game while his 90-day NCC runs out.

But I'm not sure if he's trying to feud with the Revolt ... ? Confusing message.

Also, Chris Jericho had the Revolt on his podcast the other day. It's a fantastic listen, and definitely showcases their passion for tag wrestling and old school influence.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #1929
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Things got alittle creepy when Old man Jake the Snake was dry humping Brandi

I think that was 100% the point. It made me uncomfortable for sure. That's good work.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #1930
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
EC3 is obviously changing his character up, building hype, and practicing his promo game while his 90-day NCC runs out.

But I'm not sure if he's trying to feud with the Revolt ... ? Confusing message.

Also, Chris Jericho had the Revolt on his podcast the other day. It's a fantastic listen, and definitely showcases their passion for tag wrestling and old school influence.
Feud with the Revolt? I didn't get that at all. I think he's helping hype up his buddies, though I wouldn't say no to him being the mouth piece for the three of them( Four when Spud is finished with the cruiser weight tournament)
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #1931
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

The Revolt don't need a mouthpiece. Dax is better on the mic than EC3 is, they don't need him.

It's still a confusing promo by EC3.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #1932
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Season finale in a couple weeks is on Owen Hart.

Have watched pretty much all of these and though most were quite well done.

Last edited by Derek Sutton; 05-07-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #1933
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Season finale in a couple weeks is on Owen Hart.

Have watched pretty much all of these and though most were quite well done.

Not saying he is the be all and end all, but interesting to hear Jim Cornette's take on the episodes. He appears on several of the episodes, but isn't afraid to call out any inconsistancies, or things he feels is important but didn't get in the show. He had an hour interview with Kevin Sullivan after Sullivan didn't appear on the Beniot episode.

Last edited by Julio; 05-08-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #1934
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing Reddit fan art from the Dynamite main event on Wednesday:

Spoiler!
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #1935
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Not saying he is the be all and end all, but interesting to hear Joim Cornette's take on the episodes. He appears on several of the episodes, but isn't afraid to call out any inconsistancies, or things he feels is important but didn't get in the show. He had an hour interview with Kevin Sullivan after Sullivan didn't appear on the Beniot episode.

Hopefully they balance this out a bit. Martha Hart ended up acting pretty much in a ugly manner towards Stu and Helen and even Bret who stood by her throughout.

The whole story through Owen's death through the whole investigation and legal system was sad to see, and nobody came out of it looking good, or even to an extent human.

And yeah, Jim Cornette has some pretty strong views on the whole thing.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:49 PM   #1936
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Saturday Night Nattie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvR3h7X_M4I
Old 05-09-2020, 09:03 PM   #1937
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was the weirdest and most bizarre thing I've ever seen. It also almost exposes the business so to speak.

Loved it.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 05:37 AM   #1938
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
That was the weirdest and most bizarre thing I've ever seen. It also almost exposes the business so to speak.

Loved it.
Seeing Nattie in these videos and on Total Divas, makes me wonder why she struggles so much in the ring on the mic, maybe the scripts? I wonder if she could excel more if she had more freedom to be a little less serious in the ring and on the mic.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:37 AM   #1939
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Seeing Nattie in these videos and on Total Divas, makes me wonder why she struggles so much in the ring on the mic, maybe the scripts? I wonder if she could excel more if she had more freedom to be a little less serious in the ring and on the mic.
It's a completely different beat speaking into a mic to a crowd.

You would think personality would simply translate but it does not.

Now, maybe, the scripts are what throw her off? I know it throws me off, give me a guideline or points that I need to talk about and I can go no problem. However, getting exact words and phrasing, less so. Especially with the crowd being a live, changing energy. You really have to adapt to connect to the crowd.

Nattie on Total Divas and interacting with her sister is a different dynamic. You can play off each other, and you're not trying to connect directly to the audience.

What's really interesting about this stuff is there are people who are fantastic in front of a crowd but one on one are more awkward and shy. Personally, I have zero problem speaking to a crowd, the bigger the better. Walking into a room and chatting with strangers one on one? Ummm, no thanks. Small talk is not my forté.

What WWE (and AEW, Impatct, ROH, etc) really should do is have people who work with talent to help them create promos that fit their personalities, or bring back the manager-mouth piece that can do it for them.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:14 PM   #1940
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I also think that Nattie and her sister have partaken a bit when shooting these videos. She pointed this out a couple of times in other video's including one where Jeni shows off her wine opening skills.

Nattie comes across as a bit err off the wall. I do think she gets a bad rep from fans. From a pure wrestling standpoint she's probably one of the best woman workers in the company and really works hard to make her opponents look good. Yeah from a mic standpoint, her character just doesn't come across as all that charasmatic, she's like Bret except Bret could come out with these amazing promo's when he wanted to. His work as a heel has always been amazing.

On another hand, I watched the Shayna Chronicle last night and it was interesting. First of all because she's a tremendous nerd. Second of all, its weird to see her smiling and cracking jokes. Third of all, because she flips a switch halfway through and she can be seriously intimidating and she also really understands her character.