Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2022, 10:37 AM   #3981
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Elimination Chamber.

Goldberg versus Roman was pretty much a 5 minutes thing. With Reigns choking Bill out in the end.

**/5

Woman's elimination chamber - Liv Morgan vs Doudrop, vs Rhea Ripley, vs Bianca Belair vs Alexa Bliss

Honestly, I really want to see Liv continue her strong push. She's probably the most improved wrestler in the country. I doubt it will go my way, with Bianca literally needing a win to stay relevant. But Alexa is the X factor here.

Alexa got a huge pop when she came down the ramp.

Rhea Ripley quickly eliminates Nicky ASH.

Alexa comes in gets another massive pop. She does look rusty, nice hurricarana, but a bit of a sloppy drop kick. Doudrop eliminated by Liv who now has a "Knee injury"

Bianca comes in last.

Liv eliminated by Bliss. Belair eliminates Rhea. Down to Bliss and Belair.

Belair and Bliss have a pretty nifty little sequence with roll up attempts. In the end Belair over comes Bliss to win.

Not bad for a match, but it felt limited. Bliss was clearly rusty as her execution of moves was a bit more sloppy then usual. I was hoping for a Liv win, but it feels like she's never going to get the Duke to championship status. A fun little match but not awesome.

***/5

Rousey must have one hand tied behind her back
Ronda Rousey and Naomi vs. Charlotte Flair and Sonya Deville

This match was all about Rousey and Flair, but there was very little interaction between the two except for brief sequences. It made Rousey look strong as she kicked the crap out of Sonja with one hand tied behind her back. It was pretty much paint by numbers booking and my attention wandered until Rousey submitted DeVille who deserves better.

*/5

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Madcap Moss vs. Drew McIntyre

Don't care much about this match, Drew is pretty irrelevant and Moss sucks. Drew murders Corbin with his sword and decapitates Moss

**********/5

Actually it wasn't a bad physical match, a bit over booked with a lot of Corbin interference

***/5

Lita vs Becky Lynch

fantastic match, and Becky Lynch and Lita worked well together. It was nice to see Lita get all of her #### in. While Becky won neither woman looked week.

****/5

This felt like the last match for Lita as she got a standing O and saluted the fans at the end.

SmackDown Tag Team Titles Match: The Viking Raiders vs. The Usos

No match happened as the USO's assualt the Raiders on the ramp.

-5/5*

Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Title
Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. Austin Theory vs. Riddle vs. AJ Styles vs. Bobby Lashley (c)

Strange booking as Bobby was eliminated before he got into the match due to a concussion. This cleared the way for the winner of the Elimination chamber to win the Championship. Overall a pretty good match with everyone getting in some nice spots. However business picked up when Lesnar got into the match kicking his way through the plexiglass and into the match. The final two competitors were Austin Theory and Lesnar. Which was a bit funny as Theory played the cowardly heel hitting a low blow from the bottom on the grand canyon which only pissed off Lesnar. Lets be honest we knew who was going to win this. The Elimination chamber was done to make Brock look like a killer and he did that. There were two neat spots that showed how much of a physical freak Lesnar was as Austin climbed the cage to escape through the ceiling and Lesnar climbed the cage in about a second. The other spot was Lesnar F5ing Theory off of the top of a pod. But it was a relatively easy squash match once Lesnar came in. But it was still a fun match, but we didn't get the anticipated Lashley Lesnar battle.

***/5 just because I felt we were robbed of something awesome.

Overall elimination chamber was a fun pay per view, with a lot of good action. But the booking calls. Eliminating Lashley, and poop canning the tag team title match makes you feel a little bit robbed.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 02-19-2022 at 12:57 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:20 PM   #3982
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Some interesting updates on Elimination Chamber.

The Lashley injury and loss of belt happened because Lashley wrecked his shoulder at the Rumble and is undergoing shoulder surgery. He's expected to miss 4 to 6 months.

The preshow saw the Miz lose to Rey Mysterio, in a post match interview Miz said he was tired of fighting the Mysterio's 2 on 1 and he was getting a tag team partner. That partner is expected to be Logan Paul (Gag)

The spot where Lesnar busted through the plexiglass on his pod wasn't a planned spot, but a Lesnar instinct that worked really well.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:28 PM   #3983
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Drake Maverick is back with WWE but as a member of the RAW Creative Team.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:06 AM   #3984
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Drake Maverick is back with WWE but as a member of the RAW Creative Team.

Not unshocking.

I'd expect a lot of guys like that (including Regal) to come back in.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #3985
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd love to see Regal take over NJPW Strong. Build out the NJPW presence in the US. With his knowledge and wrestling acumen, it would be an amazing fit, and Regal could really bring them some more credibility and brand exposure to the US forefront.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:39 AM   #3986
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yeah, Regal needs to spread his wings. He's already trademarked "William Regal" and "Lord Steven Regal" so he's clearly setting up for non-WWE opportunities.

He has the experience and cache to push a smaller brand forward - one of the few guys in the business who can work with talent both for in-ring and promo work. He knows the business inside and out, "gets" the production nuances, and is highly respected for a behind-the-scenes figure.

For him to disappear back into the WWE void would be a true disappointment. Working with NJPW Strong, Impact, or even a promotion like NWA or GCW would be huge.

In fact now that I think about, I'd love to see him help build the NWA. He'd be a huge, huge asset for Billy Corgan.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #3987
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Still love watching Regal vs Goldberg on Nitro when he no sold Goldberg the entire match. I love how befuddled the announcers were the entire time. Regal is a legitimate tough guy/shooter and could have embarrassed Goldberg more than he already did.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #3988
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Still love watching Regal vs Goldberg on Nitro when he no sold Goldberg the entire match. I love how befuddled the announcers were the entire time. Regal is a legitimate tough guy/shooter and could have embarrassed Goldberg more than he already did.

Bischoff - "Yeah Regal, we want you to go out and give Goldberg another win, its a big part of the storyline"

Regal - "Right oh, so its going to be a good win, you know Goldberg overcoming a veteran after getting outfoxed for part of the match"

Bisch - "Nope basically lock up, he pummels you, spear jackhammer, no more then 2 minutes"

Goldberg - "Snort Rawr, nobody is as good as me, I'm legit tough, You're going down Regal, snort, roar" Then he slams his head into the locker.

Regal - "Hold my beer"

Old 02-22-2022, 01:20 PM   #3989
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Yeah, Regal was the definition of a tough SOB. That dude used to stretch people out before becoming a mainstream pro wrestler. This is not somebody you'd want to get into a legit fight with, let alone in his prime.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:24 PM   #3990
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Forgot to mention if any of you want to see the Regal lineage continue in WWE, you can watch his son compete on the NXT UK brand as Charlie Dempsey.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2022, 08:00 AM   #3991
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Buddy (Murphy) Matthews debuts on Dynamite. Pretty great get for them, they have some stellar matchups they could come up with.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #3992
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cesaro no longer with WWE.

It's almost cliche now, but please, go to AEW.... the dream matches...

Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2022, 08:05 AM   #3993
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Cesaro no longer with WWE.

It's almost cliche now, but please, go to AEW.... the dream matches...

Tony Khan has a major announcement to make on Wednesday!
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:09 PM   #3994
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Says its not wrestler related.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2022, 06:27 PM   #3995
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what I read it doesn't sound like Cesaro's decision to not re-sign was because he wasn't happy with how he was being used. He was open to re-signing but wants the same type of money guys like Kevin Owens is getting.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #3996
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah the doors not closed. I think he goes out and tours the Indies and maybe a trip to Japan, he has a chance to make a fortune on his own terms.

Oh and in sad news Sunny gets arrested . . . again.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:39 PM   #3997
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is Sunny getting arrested even news anymore?

Media probably keeps a template on file and adjusts the names of the arresting police department and hits submit.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:02 PM   #3998
Njord
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Apparently speculation on tonight's big announcement from TK is a streaming relationship with HBO Max and possibly the purchase of ROH or the ROH library
Njord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #3999
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Streaming on HBO Max, would that mean subsequent streaming on Crave?

I would love love love for them to pick up ROH and make them a separate brand / feeder system.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:09 PM   #4000
Njord
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Streaming on HBO Max, would that mean subsequent streaming on Crave?

I would love love love for them to pick up ROH and make them a separate brand / feeder system.
Well he bought ROH! love it
Njord is offline   Reply With Quote