Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 AM   #3941
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Just watched the rumble now as my brother in law recorded it and I was over at his place. Absolutely terrible show. Probably one of the worst PPV’s I’ve ever seen. Boring matches, no star power, no compelling angles or storylines, not even any cool spots. Just a giant mess overall and reminds me why I don’t watch anymore. People said the dying days of WCW were bad….boy were they wrong. Madtop Moss? WTF…
Honestly it felt a lot like early 90s WWE after Hogan had kind of run his course, and before guys like Bret/Michaels and the New Gen / Attitude eras really took off.

I keep expecting the Goon or The Mountie to run out too when I see guys like Madtop Moss and Rick Boogs in the ring.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2022, 09:28 AM   #3942
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Rick Boogs is being wasted IMO. He had such a fresh and fun take on his character when he debuted in NXT (as Eric Bugenhagen). Only no-name talent in NXT history (that I can think of) that literally got over from his first entrance.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:58 AM   #3943
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I just signed up for the WWE Network and am anxious to re-watch the Monday Night Wars. I'm on Telus. How the hell do you watch anything? I thought I could log in to the WWE App or on their website using my Telus credentials but it doesn't allow me to pick Telus as a cable provider.

Is my only option to use the clunky Telus menus, or is there something that is actually convenient? Thanks in advance.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:01 AM   #3944
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Is my only option to use the clunky Telus menus, or is there something that is actually convenient? Thanks in advance.
Yup!
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 10:04 AM   #3945
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Yup!
Is there another way to subscribe other than a cable provider? Is the SN Now option better?

Also, it doesn't appear I have access to old RAWS, Nitros, and PPVs. What the hell?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 01-31-2022, 10:09 AM   #3946
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

There used to be a way to log in through WWE's website...did they remove that?
Old 01-31-2022, 10:22 AM   #3947
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
There used to be a way to log in through WWE's website...did they remove that?
It redirects me to log in through Telus' On The Go site/app. It has very limited selection with On Demand content, and I'm starting to read that's the way it is in Canada.

The whole reason I signed up was to re-watch everything between 1994 and 2002, but it doesn't appear Canadian subscribers get access to the massive catalogue of content. Unless I'm missing something I'm highly disappointed and will be cancelling my subscription.

EDIT: I may have found the problem. Now I just need to find a way to get the mobile app to recognize my subscription.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 01-31-2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:31 AM   #3948
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Honestly it felt a lot like early 90s WWE after Hogan had kind of run his course, and before guys like Bret/Michaels and the New Gen / Attitude eras really took off.

I keep expecting the Goon or The Mountie to run out too when I see guys like Madtop Moss and Rick Boogs in the ring.

Poor Kofi, he was going to do that whole miraculous save thing and get back into the ring for a big moment against Big E. But he miss timed it, both feet hit the floor and the WWE played it straight and eliminated him.

I didn't know the Rumble was on Saturday and I missed it and don't feel all that compelled to watch it.

Sounds like there were lots of special surprise people back stage that were there just in case an entrant had Covid and they weren't used. It was more on the Woman's side then the Men's side.

Cesaro should have been in there. There were a lot of complaints about Balor but he's back home and taking time off from the business.

But I guess the Knoxsville stuff was stupid, and Bad Bunny got his tires pumped.

Lesnar losing the belt and then winning the Rumble which puts him on a collision course with Reigns makes sense.

Ronda coming back and going up against Becky is no surprise. I hear Ronda's going to work a semi full time schedule again which is good for a woman's division that has gotten stale.

Speaking of Ronda, I guess Alexa put up all kind of shade about her on Twitter then quickly pulled it off. I guess she's still upset that Ronda brutalized her in the ring.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:26 PM   #3949
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1488713934123114497
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:15 AM   #3950
Njord
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I watched the Rumble and wasn't impressed.

Both the women's and men's rumble you knew who going to win before but definitely a soon as Ronda and Brock entered.
Brock didn't need to win the Rumble let alone be in it as the Reigns/ Brock storyline was set for wrestlemania with Reigns interference and Paul turning on Brick in the Lashley match.
Apparently Shane had a huge hand in producing the men's Rumble and wanted to make himself look strong and maybe even win it.
Njord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #3951
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njord View Post
Apparently Shane had a huge hand in producing the men's Rumble and wanted to make himself look strong and maybe even win it.
And apparently Vince isn't happy about it and he's been "quietly let go".
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:37 AM   #3952
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shane really went the path of his father in terms of ego.

Really been trying to put himself over in a lot of ways since he came back to the WWE.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #3953
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Normally I make it a point to watch the Rumble. But I'm really watching very little wrestling now. I still love the historical stand point of it, but the new stuff in terms of WWE and AEW doesn't get me all that excited.

I will say on the WWE without Brock, Roman, and Lashley, all three who have knocked their storylines out of the park, things would be really dire.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:15 PM   #3954
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I will say on the WWE without Brock, Roman, and Lashley, all three who have knocked their storylines out of the park, things would be really dire.

I don't even think those three have been remarkable, but have just been given better things to work with. WWE just doesn't know how to book the lower and middle parts of the card. Doesn't know how to or just doesn't care enough to do it. Truthfully, it's probably the latter, which means even as back stage personnel is swapped or changed it won't change.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #3955
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

MJF is 25 and is arguably a top 5 guy in the world all around, that match last night was so good

The production on the match was incredible, the way they showed wardlow handing him the ring during the stare down with punk after the match was perfect
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:52 PM   #3956
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
MJF is 25 and is arguably a top 5 guy in the world all around, that match last night was so good

Calm down.

Quote:
The production on the match was incredible, the way they showed wardlow handing him the ring during the stare down with punk after the match was perfect

It was well done.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:09 PM   #3957
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Calm down.

It was well done.
Hes not a top 5 in the ring obviously, but when you add in his character and mic work it's not far off for all around, I didnt think he could go 40 minutes like he did.

If everyone was suddenly made free agents and wwe and aew had to draft a roster, MJF goes real high

The production was very well done, wwe would have had the camera pointing at wardlows back and the announcer screaming it.

The way they did it, the way they built up that the wardlow turn seemed like it was coming over the past few weeks, schiavone screaming when he sees the replay, it was great
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:24 AM   #3958
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Hes not a top 5 in the ring obviously, but when you add in his character and mic work it's not far off for all around, I didnt think he could go 40 minutes like he did.

If everyone was suddenly made free agents and wwe and aew had to draft a roster, MJF goes real high

The production was very well done, wwe would have had the camera pointing at wardlows back and the announcer screaming it.

The way they did it, the way they built up that the wardlow turn seemed like it was coming over the past few weeks, schiavone screaming when he sees the replay, it was great

The boys going to cash in I think his contract is up next year, and he'll be getting massive offers from AEW and WWE.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:57 AM   #3959
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Keith Lee shows up, as does Jay White “Switchblade” on Dynamite. Man, AEW with another strong Dynamite, just a better product all around. WWE is painful to watch in comparison.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:10 AM   #3960
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

WWE had the opportunity to hook me back. But a weak Rumble didn't do it.

Lots of good stuff going on in AEW, presentation through to storylines are just so much better right now.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: