Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #161
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Again the question to the NHL is how other goals just like that one counted and this one didn't.
That's the question someone needs to ask them.
I would respect the league if they just admitted they f'd up.

Don't try to pretend you didn't.
You f'd up.
Own it.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #162
Stanley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yea that call certainly adds to my already built-up frustration with this league...really starting to no longer give a f anymore. I'll watch casually but no sense in getting emotionally invested anymore. I'm too old for that isht.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #163
Keeko_ca
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I didnt expect the flames to win the series, but after the situation room called down and disallowed that goal, that told me everything I need to know about my fandom from this point on.

I don't know why I let myself emotionally invest in a product that has a clear agenda and will break the spirit of the game to enforce it. I look at that goal last night and everything about it reeks of collusion. Now I don't normally buy into conspiracies but between this and 2004 I completely believe that the game is 100% rigged come playoff time.

With that said, I will still watch games from home or when I go out, but i am going to make a conscious effort to watch fewer of them. I will never pay for a ticket to a game, a jersey, 50/50's or any NHL related product again. Last night was completely belligerent and inexcusable. The NHL can pound sand.
Yeah, I hear you. For me, it's wanting to witness justice prevail.

Oilers really are a, "gifted," team.
Keeko_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:36 PM   #164
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is the head of officiating talking about "deliberately" propelling the puck in when that's totally irrelevant to the call?

They're too stupid and too incompetent to administer their own rulebook.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:37 PM   #165
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
Yea that call certainly adds to my already built-up frustration with this league...really starting to no longer give a f anymore. I'll watch casually but no sense in getting emotionally invested anymore. I'm too old for that isht.
It's a good decision.

I began to distance myself emotionally from the games after the refs opened the door for the Oilers in game 2 when the Flames were taking it to them.

A parade of calls against the flow of 5 on 5 play (Flames with the body share of possession and zone time, yet end up with 6 penalties to 2).

I know an agenda when I see one. Knew right then and there they weren't going to let this series go how it was looking to naturally go early on. I was really disappointed to see it go that way, then resigned myself to the BS sure to follow.

All things being equal, maybe the Flames still lose it. McDavid was unreal, but it should've been in 6 games minimum, maybe 7 (if game 2 isn't meddled with).

Last edited by djsFlames; 05-27-2022 at 12:41 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:39 PM   #166
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Again the question to the NHL is how other goals just like that one counted and this one didn't.

You f'd up.
Own it.
I don't care for an empty 'apology' after the game has been decided. More meaningful would be the Rules Department making changes in the near future.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:43 PM   #167
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
I don't care for an empty 'apology' after the game has been decided. More meaningful would be the Rules Department making changes in the near future.
Lets us all just accept that the first test case of the new (or rather confirmed) rule will be a goal scored against the Flames in a critical moment- not saying the change shouldn't happen but let's just admit we know when it will be put into action
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:44 PM   #168
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It wasn't incompetence, or an error. That was plain straight up cheating and as far as I'm concerned and I may never watch another game. When die hard Oiler fans at work are telling me that we got screwed, you know it's just wrong. #### you NHL, I hope you lose many fans after that display of corruption.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #169
flamesgod
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Yeah I could do with punching something in zebra stripes today.
Just punch an oilers fan instead.
flamesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:48 PM   #170
Bob Loblaw
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Guys, Bettman just be mad about the arena. He gets all angsty about it.
Well, he did tell us all at the beginning of the playoffs that Calgary wasn’t going to host any major events (drafts, all star weekends) without a new arena. I guess he was including conference or Cup finals as well

And yes, the Flames would still be behind in the series if they won last night. It just would have been nice to be playing a Game 6 in Edmonton with the pressure on the Oilers on Saturday.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:52 PM   #171
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
It's a good decision.

I began to distance myself emotionally from the games after the refs opened the door for the Oilers in game 2 when the Flames were taking it to them.

A parade of calls against the flow of 5 on 5 play (Flames with the body share of possession and zone time, yet end up with 6 penalties to 2).

I know an agenda when I see one. Knew right then and there they weren't going to let this series go how it was looking to naturally go early on. I was really disappointed to see it go that way, then resigned myself to the BS sure to follow.

All things being equal, maybe the Flames still lose it. McDavid was unreal, but it should've been in 6 games minimum, maybe 7 (if game 2 isn't meddled with).

The Flames lost their physical edge in game 2 and never got it back. Probably because they didn't trust the refs to call a actual playoff game.

I'm more pissed off then with the blatant non calls against the Oilers throughout this series. Poolparties tackle. The missed high stick etc.

While I don't want to and won't believe the fix was in. I do think that the refs were told to let the Oilers play Oilers hockey.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #172
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The NHL will never admit they got a call wrong. You might has well keep waiting for Santa Claus.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #173
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was an absurd call but I think they are just bad at their job rather than biased.

The NFL actually did some fixing of their replays of late where they don't overturn it unless its obvious. That should be the NHL standard for judgement calls.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:57 PM   #174
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesgod View Post
Just punch an oilers fan instead.
I would but it takes weeks for the smell to wear off.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:59 PM   #175
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If it in fact isn't some kind of bias the war room and officials need to clean house and get more competent people in there.

Supposed to be the top league on the planet. It deserves better than this inconsistent guesstimating we get night to night.

Mick Magoo has to be making Clint Eastwood faces of disgust from his armchair witnessing these game calls.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:59 PM   #176
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
The NHL will never admit they got a call wrong. You might has well keep waiting for Santa Claus.

Didn’t they eventually admit that in 04 that the puck was probably in?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #177
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post

You f'd up.
Own it.
NHL admit mistake? Never.

The only way you'll see them admit it is if they change the rule that you can kick the puck, or tweak the language to make it more clear that an intended kicking motion has to occur for it to be a non-goal.

It's a rule that should be change. This hopefully leads to it being done so. Just sucks that it screwed the Flames in the end.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #178
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Just less than 7 months. I can wait.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:02 PM   #179
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw this on Wikipedia as I was looking up "kick", looks like some Edmonton mouthbreather has been playing around the entry:

Quote:
A kick is a physical strike using the leg, in unison usually with an area of the knee or lower using the foot,or a desperate attempt by the nhl organization known as the Calgary Flames to score a goal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick
Old 05-27-2022, 01:02 PM   #180
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Didn’t they eventually admit that in 04 that the puck was probably in?
Campbell did....in 2017

So expect something in 2035.

Last edited by chedder; 05-27-2022 at 01:05 PM.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote