Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
Pilsner12
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Skylander: Looking for input

Looking to the gaming community on CP to draw on their knowledge of the Skylander video game series. We were handed down a rather large set of characters and games for the Nintendo Wii. Our Wii died before we ever got to play and to be honest from what I can read I am not sure they are my sons thing.

My questions are:
1.) Is their any value to them? (I'm guessing so to the right person)
2.) If so what is the value?
3.) Is there anyone interested in purchasing them?

I am doing this on behalf of my 9 year old who want's to use the money from the sale to put towards purchasing his own gaming equipment.

TIA

Last edited by Pilsner12; 12-01-2022 at 08:16 AM. Reason: I just realized that I put it in the wrong forum
Pilsner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:58 PM   #2
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I saw dozens at Value Village for 3/$2.99 but then I went to Video Game Trader a month later and they were selling for $5-10 each but had lots. I don't think there's really a big market for them anymore. Maybe some of the rarer ones but they're not making games anymore so it's really just retro collector value.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 04:29 PM   #3
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Probably not much, a few years ago my son played for a while and I bought a big box full 2nd hand for about $10. Maybe worth more if you have the game and platform and it is for a relatively current console, but if yours was on the Wii that presumably isn't the case.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashartus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #4
sumdood
Draft Pick

Agree with what the others said. Most likely not much value in them now. Possibly to the right person as you mentioned, but it may take a long time to find said person.

Not sure if this helps, but the skylander portal(s) and figures are compatible with any console. Any characters/portals are forward compatible, but newer portals/characters won't work on an older game. As long as you have the game disc for the console, the skylander hardware will work.

I would be interested in any characters that I don't have as my younger kids sometimes pull out skylanders to play every so often, but I don't think I would offer the kind of cash that would contribute to new gaming equipment. They have a lot already, so only if I can find some for very cheap.
sumdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, Amiibo -they all sorta just died, yes? Any particular reason? I assumed because of the apparent popularity 5-10 years ago they were a license to print money.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote