Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
ynwa03
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Who lives in the community of Legacy?

I’ve searched around but haven’t found any answers here or googling. Have a few questions about the SE community of Legacy for anyone who lives there.

How is traffic getting out to McLeod Trail in the mornings/coming back in during the evening rush hour?
Are all the traffic circles efficient or a pain?

Overall, nice place to live? Pros and cons?

Any input is appreciated

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
lucky1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

haha legacy is basically DeWinton isnt it? - Im sure it will be the same Sh*t show for traffic during rush hour as most of the deep south is - the one saving grace is you can hook up on to Stoney Trail and get to the north in a quick hurry if you needed to
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #3
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have lived in Mackenzie towne (home of calgary’s Original traffic circle) and new Brighton for almost 20 yrs, and my comments are, traffic circles are much better than lights as traffic moves thru constantly.

If you are going to live in an area with a circle, you need to develop a 6th sense with respect to those donkeys that figure they can go right around the circle in the outside lane, and not yield to those on the inside lane who wish to exit right.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #4
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
haha legacy is basically DeWinton isnt it? - Im sure it will be the same Sh*t show for traffic during rush hour as most of the deep south is - the one saving grace is you can hook up on to Stoney Trail and get to the north in a quick hurry if you needed to
This sounds like advice from someone who doesn’t live there and maybe never even visited.

Traffic to and from the community is much better now that the 162nd overpass is built. Stoney is a nice bonus. There’s suppose to be some stores being built shortly as well as a high school. Other benefits are that the lrt and shawnessy shopping center are about a 10 minute drive.

Once sw Stoney is complete it’ll be even better.
stampsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stampsx2 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
zzibradleyizz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Though I don't live in Legacy, I do live in Walden which is the neighboring community to the north and I use the 210th intersection quite often getting to and from MacLeod and travel to Chinook Centre area for work. My hours of work are 7-4 and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to work for 7am in the morning, and about 25 minutes to get home at 4pm. It's a breeze in the morning for me at that time, on the way home there is traffic, but nothing substantial at 4pm. Getting to and from Legacy from 210th Ave is no issue at all at this time. Pretty easy in and out. Note that they do plan to put in an overpass for 194th Ave next, and then 210th Ave eventually. 194th is slated for like 7-10 years though so it will be quite some time till they get to 210th I bet.

Traffic circles, don't have much experience with them in Legacy except for when I go to my massages but I know there is a lot of them, but don't believe there are many issues, but that could change as it continues to grow in population.

There is nothing there in terms of retail at this time, not even a gas station, but will be soon. Will have to go into Walden or Shawnessy till they build that new area up at 210th Ave. Who knows when that will be...

Wolf Willow, new community along the Bow River is set to launch I believe next summer, so keep in mind that access to that community will be from 194/210 so increase in traffic from them. They will be putting in a off-leash dog park if that has any benefit to you.

People will tell you negative things about the old dump, but honestly don't even notice it. No smell at all and BFI is actually in consultation with the communities to turn that dump into something to give back to the communities. No word on what it will be or when, but they threw things around like a park with paths, a ski hill, tubing, etc.

I like the area, it's quiet, not overly busy, easy access to the south (Okotoks Costco is a bonus), to the north downtown on MacLeod and easy access to the Ring Road to get you to the NE. Once the SW RR is complete then it will be easier to get access to the NW, but right now it is a slight pain to get up there.

Last edited by zzibradleyizz; 11-20-2017 at 08:25 AM.
zzibradleyizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
ynwa03
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzibradleyizz View Post
Though I don't live in Legacy, I do live in Walden which is the neighboring community to the north and I use the 210th intersection quite often getting to and from MacLeod and travel to Chinook Centre area for work. My hours of work are 7-4 and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to work for 7am in the morning, and about 25 minutes to get home at 4pm. It's a breeze in the morning for me at that time, on the way home there is traffic, but nothing substantial at 4pm. Getting to and from Legacy from 210th Ave is no issue at all at this time. Pretty easy in and out. Note that they do plan to put in an overpass for 194th Ave next, and then 210th Ave eventually. 194th is slated for like 7-10 years though so it will be quite some time till they get to 210th I bet.

Traffic circles, don't have much experience with them in Legacy except for when I go to my massages but I know there is a lot of them, but don't believe there are many issues, but that could change as it continues to grow in population.

There is nothing there in terms of retail at this time, not even a gas station, but will be soon. Will have to go into Walden or Shawnessy till they build that new area up at 210th Ave. Who knows when that will be...

Wolf Willow, new community along the Bow River is set to launch I believe next summer, so keep in mind that access to that community will be from 194/210 so increase in traffic from them. They will be putting in a off-leash dog park if that has any benefit to you.

People will tell you negative things about the old dump, but honestly don't even notice it. No smell at all and BFI is actually in consultation with the communities to turn that dump into something to give back to the communities. No word on what it will be or when, but they threw things around like a park with paths, a ski hill, tubing, etc.

I like the area, it's quiet, not overly busy, easy access to the south (Okotoks Costco is a bonus), to the north downtown on MacLeod and easy access to the Ring Road to get you to the NE. Once the SW RR is complete then it will be easier to get access to the NW, but right now it is a slight pain to get up there.
I didn't know they were planning another community east of Legacy and Walden. That's definitely good to know.

Thanks for all the info