Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:
Default Insane Deals on RVs

Anybody remember when that O&G company was selling like half a dozen newer RVs in the CP Buy/Sell forum for super cheap earlier this year? I'm kicking myself (actually my wife; I was ready to pounce) for not buying one.

Anybody have an inside track on deals like that going on right now? Calgary preferred, but I will be in Edmonton this weekend so could make something work there, too.

I can't remember the exact details, but I think they were over 24' long, had a couple slide outs and were 2012 or newer. They were going for $6-$8k (again, going off a really bad memory).
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was looking for that thread as well.

I think it was removed so the OP doesn't get harassed every couple months...

I believe they were sold in a group deal.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've got a year old one that was used twice listed in the buy and sell and I'm definitely trying to move it if anyone is interested.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

You should reach out to Pylon.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

It's a catch 22 right now.

The weak economy, led to a weak dollar. All RV inventory is bought in US dollars, and the order-delivery time is usually a couple months. So it is pretty reflective in the real time pricing. Cars usually run a couple years behind on dollar adjustments. Most dealers have disposed of their old 'good dollar' inventory. So right now, finding an 'insane' deal is going to be hard.

However, us and two other dealers are having a giant on site sale at Cross Iron Mills this weekend, and our units are priced at where the dollar was last year. And a couple banks have stepped up with some pretty sweet rates.

Come see me, I will be looking for the guy with the short sleeved shirt, tie and inflatable chair all weekend now.

http://rvwars.ca/
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
I've got a year old one that was used twice listed in the buy and sell and I'm definitely trying to move it if anyone is interested.
Yeah, I'd like something similar to what you have there, but with a 75% discount. It sounds ridiculous, except that exact deal was posted on this site a few months ago. I'm not saying your price is off (I don't know) but it's more than I want to spend and the benchmark is very low because of that other deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
You should reach out to Pylon.
Hah, I like pylon so I don't want to waste his time/insult him with what I want and what I'm willing to spend. No dealer would take me seriously. It will have to be a company looking to unload a trailer on short notice.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Try lowballing on kijiji. I hope Rerun has one for sale.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #8
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

Hah, I like pylon so I don't want to waste his time/insult him with what I want and what I'm willing to spend. No dealer would take me seriously. It will have to be a company looking to unload a trailer on short notice.
Check Regal Auctions. They usually have a few trailers this time of year (private consignment and repo units.)
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Try lowballing on kijiji. I hope Rerun has one for sale.
Good call. I'll even offer to pay in cash.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #10
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

This Sliver thread is dull - I'm disappointed.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #11
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

These probably aren't insane enough for Silver.... but I've always found it fun to browse through the site..

http://www.repo.com/browse/rv_trailers/
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #12
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Anybody remember when that O&G company was selling like half a dozen newer RVs in the CP Buy/Sell forum for super cheap earlier this year? I'm kicking myself (actually my wife; I was ready to pounce) for not buying one.

Anybody have an inside track on deals like that going on right now? Calgary preferred, but I will be in Edmonton this weekend so could make something work there, too.

I can't remember the exact details, but I think they were over 24' long, had a couple slide outs and were 2012 or newer. They were going for $6-$8k (again, going off a really bad memory).
That was me and yes I deleted the thread because they were all sold in a group buy. unfortunatly I wasn't able to hook anyone up from CP on the deal
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #13
Hevishot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The only issue with a Repo trailer is there could be a very large chance someone lived in it on a full time basis on a rig site somewhere. It may have been winterized and serviced but you will only know once there's water put in it and it starts leaking out from everywhere!
Old 04-29-2015, 08:28 AM   #14
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
The only issue with a Repo trailer is there could be a very large chance someone lived in it on a full time basis on a rig site somewhere. It may have been winterized and serviced but you will only know once there's water put in it and it starts leaking out from everywhere!
Yeah, but for the huge savings like in MacDaddy's deal, it would be no big deal to throw in a thousand bucks or whatever to get it back up to snuff.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #15
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, but for the huge savings like in MacDaddy's deal, it would be no big deal to throw in a thousand bucks or whatever to get it back up to snuff.
Rig site trailers I'd be worried it's a lot more than 1k to get back up to snuff. Those things see some awful conditions and rough roads. Much like work trucks, I'd never buy one unless I knew the guy to drove it.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #16
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Rig site trailers I'd be worried it's a lot more than 1k to get back up to snuff. Those things see some awful conditions and rough roads. Much like work trucks, I'd never buy one unless I knew the guy to drove it.
Meh, wouldn't bother me. RVs are easy to clean up. Parts are cheap. The only thing that would be gross would be the bedding/cushions where dudes slept, but I can replace all that at my work.

Last edited by Sliver; 04-29-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: sp
Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #17
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I worked forestry with a guy who dragged his trailer up everything, and I mean DRAGGED. He drove the truck like the trailer didn't exist. By the end of the trip the door didn't close, turns out he had bent the frame.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #18
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I worked forestry with a guy who dragged his trailer up everything, and I mean DRAGGED. He drove the truck like the trailer didn't exist. By the end of the trip the door didn't close, turns out he had bent the frame.
Well I'm not going to wire somebody money and buy a trailer sight unseen, guys. I'm not a complete moron. If it has been bagged on to the point of it not being worth anything, then I won't buy it.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #19
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
I'm not a complete moron.
Edit- NM

ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #20
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I'm not going to wire somebody money and buy a trailer sight unseen, guys. I'm not a complete moron.
Wasn't suggesting you were. Just a word of caution that's all.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post: