Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #21
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you have dogs with long fur, robot vacuums are a lost cause. At least they were for us.
They clog way too frequently and are difficult/gross to clean.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #22
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I hate our vacuum it is the dumbest robot I have ever seen constantly gets stuck, it vacuums everywhere except the spot I really want it to, it slams into your toes super hard also my dogs are terrified of it because i think it tried to vacuum one of them up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
If you have dogs with long fur, robot vacuums are a lost cause. At least they were for us.
You guys really need to use the Lidar or camera based vacuums, they never slam into things and almost never get stuck unless you leave like a sock or something on the ground.

My Roborock S5 Max works great, segments out the room, and vacuums in lines on a schedule w/ no go zones. The brush design is also fairly good and doesn't jam up with hair that often but I imagine you'll still have to clean up the brush every other vacuum with pets. Should check out the Vacuum Wars youtube channel review on this.

Though they are a bit pricier than the dumb vacuums... unless you wait for a big sale.

Last edited by FlameOn; 09-15-2020 at 09:59 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 09:30 AM   #23
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Roomba has rubber roller versions that aren't supposed to clog as easily. I returned it because I didn't see a huge improvement over my iLife robot, but I can attest I didn't have to clean the brushes of long human hair as I did with the iLife.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:09 PM   #24
d00little
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
You guys really need to use the Lidar or camera based vacuums, they never slam into things and almost never get stuck unless you leave like a sock or something on the ground.

My Roborock S5 Max works great, segments out the room, and vacuums in lines on a schedule w/ no go zones. The brush design is also fairly good and doesn't jam up with hair that often but I imagine you'll still have to clean up the brush every other vacuum with pets. Should check out the Vacuum Wars youtube channel review on this.

Though they are a bit pricier than the dumb vacuums... unless you wait for a big sale.
How much did you pay for your S5 Max? Looks to be about $600 shipped from HK/China.
d00little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #25
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00little View Post
How much did you pay for your S5 Max? Looks to be about $600 shipped from HK/China.
Got mine for $700 off a Bestbuy marketplace seller in Canada for faster shipping. Looks like they are $750 right now... might get cheaper again if you wait a bit but at that point you might as well order from wherever is cheapest now.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/14936642
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:33 PM   #26
d00little
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Got mine for $700 off a Bestbuy marketplace seller in Canada for faster shipping. Looks like they are $750 right now... might get cheaper again if you wait a bit but at that point you might as well order from wherever is cheapest now.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/14936642
Picked up the S5 Max for $440 USD on US Amazon today during Prime days. Having it shipped using a US mail forwarding service. Alleviates my worry of trying to get warranty help from China/HK.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZNJ6Q9X
d00little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #27
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
Picked up an A4S about a week ago.
Considering returning it for the A7 since it's on sale now and I can google home it...
If anyone is interested I'll sell it for $100 here
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1557482330
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote