Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2022, 02:00 PM   #141
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
That'd be him. What I really liked was that on 2 of Brentford's goals Maguire wasnt even in his own half.

What happened with Chelsea? I didnt see it. Were there scenes?
Antonio Conte saw aggression, so he answered with aggression
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:00 PM   #142
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I've never seen such a short centre back, it's crazy.
And wow, you're short Slava!
Can confirm.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #143
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Antonio Conte saw aggression, so he answered with aggression
Conte? No...he's normally so calm and collected tho...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:08 PM   #144
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That'd be him. What I really liked was that on 2 of Brentford's goals Maguire wasnt even in his own half.

What happened with Chelsea? I didnt see it. Were there scenes?
Well in a nutshell, what happened is that Tuchel is insane. Honestly, he should've been out on a red earlier because he was on a yellow and went galloping down the sidelines to celebrate their 2-1 goal. Whether its sensible or not, leaving the technical area is supposedly a firm yellow this year.

But, basically, Kane scored in the 96th minute. Tuchel said that neither Spurs goal should have counted and they should have won as a result. He says that Anthony Taylor favours Spurs (and Chelsea fans have a petition up with over 18,000 signatures for him to never ref their games again!). Anyway, the final whistle goes and Conte shakes his hand and is continuing to walk by. Tuchel holds on and yanks his arm. It sounds like he was mad that Conte didn't make eye contact while shaking his hand. There's a bit of a kerfuffle and both get red cards (which I would think will be overturned?). It was mostly hilarious. Tuchel did his presser and cried the whole time, and is probably the poorest or second poorest manager in the league.

The game itself was actually quite good and Chelsea missed a few goals that would've put it away. The return at Spurs later this year will be quite a spectacle if it's meaningful, in particular. These two teams clearly don't care for each other.

And Romero is amazing. Cucarella had stepped on him in the first half and pretty clearly he took note. The complaint before the tying goal (off a corner) was that Romero hauled him down by his hair. He clearly did, VAR looked and no action was taken. Perhaps lost on a lot of people who did watch the game, was that Romero didn't have a yellow card today! He's going to be a guy who everyone else hates, and Tottenham fans will love, if he's not already!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:10 PM   #145
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Well in a nutshell, what happened is that Tuchel is insane. Honestly, he should've been out on a red earlier because he was on a yellow and went galloping down the sidelines to celebrate their 2-1 goal. Whether its sensible or not, leaving the technical area is supposedly a firm yellow this year.

But, basically, Kane scored in the 96th minute. Tuchel said that neither Spurs goal should have counted and they should have won as a result. He says that Anthony Taylor favours Spurs (and Chelsea fans have a petition up with over 18,000 signatures for him to never ref their games again!). Anyway, the final whistle goes and Conte shakes his hand and is continuing to walk by. Tuchel holds on and yanks his arm. It sounds like he was mad that Conte didn't make eye contact while shaking his hand. There's a bit of a kerfuffle and both get red cards (which I would think will be overturned?). It was mostly hilarious. Tuchel did his presser and cried the whole time, and is probably the poorest or second poorest manager in the league.

The game itself was actually quite good and Chelsea missed a few goals that would've put it away. The return at Spurs later this year will be quite a spectacle if it's meaningful, in particular. These two teams clearly don't care for each other.

And Romero is amazing. Cucarella had stepped on him in the first half and pretty clearly he took note. The complaint before the tying goal (off a corner) was that Romero hauled him down by his hair. He clearly did, VAR looked and no action was taken. Perhaps lost on a lot of people who did watch the game, was that Romero didn't have a yellow card today! He's going to be a guy who everyone else hates, and Tottenham fans will love, if he's not already!
Huh...sounds like I missed all the fun.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:16 PM   #146
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Huh...sounds like I missed all the fun.
Your fun is coming up next weekend. I'm sure you guys are salivating already!
Old 08-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #147
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Your fun is coming up next weekend. I'm sure you guys are salivating already!
Yeah, next Monday might be Ten Hag's last day. The British media is already crafting glib headlines.

I'm glad he had a fun pre-season.

Is it too late to place a bet on 'First Manager Fired?'

Old 08-14-2022, 02:21 PM   #148
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The real concern at the moment is that they might be already looking at next Monday that they're overlooking Palace tomorrow.

We're not the media though, United have had a rough start, but lets not get carried away. One game at a time.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:28 PM   #149
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, next Monday might be Ten Hag's last day. The British media is already crafting glib headlines.

I'm glad he had a fun pre-season.

Is it too late to place a bet on 'First Manager Fired?'
I was hoping he'd make it until October for our sake. If not, maybe just before they play Arsenal and they can get the new manager bounce.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #150
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

while getting mocked by Spurs and Liverpool fans sucks, I take solace in the fact that you guys are not very good at it lol.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #151
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Terence and Phillip

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #152
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
while getting mocked by Spurs and Liverpool fans sucks, I take solace in the fact that you guys are not very good at it lol.
Haha, it's not mocking, I just want the points! I could make the same jokes that we've all seen floating around though:

- Conte and Tuchel showed more passion that handshake than we saw from any United player in the past two weeks!

- I think hag is Dutch for weeks

- what time are United kicking off at Brentford? Every five minutes

- Frenkie de Jong saw the match yesterday and agreed to a pay cut

https://twitter.com/user/status/1558509787612151810
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:46 PM   #153
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I too wanna see Martinez as a ball winning DM
-----Bruno
-----------Eriksen
-----Martinez
--Maguire Varane
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:52 PM   #154
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Terence and Phillip
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #155
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Tuchel did his presser and cried the whole time, and is probably the poorest or second poorest manager in the league.

Romero hauled him down by his hair. He clearly did, VAR looked and no action was taken. Perhaps lost on a lot of people who did watch the game, was that Romero didn't have a yellow card today! He's going to be a guy who everyone else hates, and Tottenham fans will love, if he's not already!
Is it really necessary for you to outright lie all the time? It's dishonest. Do you really think you can just make stuff up unchallenged? Did you even see Tuchels interview?

Tuchel was smiling through his press conference, stating correctly that both goals shouldn't have stood but focusing on the fact that Chelsea absolutely dominated the game.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:00 PM   #156
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I put the same effort into ridiculing United as their players put in against Brentford.

Quote:
Erik ten Hag cancelled a planned day off for his Manchester United squad following the defeat at Brentford and told the players to make up for being outrun by their opponents at the Gtech Community Stadium during the extra session

Ten Hag's team were due to be off on Sunday but the rest day was cancelled by the manager in response to Saturday's 4-0 defeat.

He ordered his players to cover 8.5 miles during training at Carrington, pointing out that Brentford had run 8.5 miles more than they had during the game.

Thomas Frank's team covered 67.9 miles across the 90 minutes while Ten Hag's players registered 59.4 miles.
https://global.espn.com/football/man...ssions-sources

Old 08-14-2022, 03:06 PM   #157
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or as Fulham put in to watering their pitch.

Old 08-15-2022, 01:07 AM   #158
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I put the same effort into ridiculing United as their players put in against Brentford.

https://global.espn.com/football/man...ssions-sources
Soft, you and Barnet both. I do appreciate that he answered my original question, with a detailed thorough effort tho. You kinda did too. Good boys.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:20 AM   #159
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Look me in the eye when you shake my hand

Spoiler!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 11:30 AM   #160
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post: