Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Big Valley Jamboree

Did anyone else go to this? My wife drug me this weekend, and wow, this thing was out of control. I guess I should have done a bit more research before I went, but man oh man was that general camp ground just absolute lawless anarchy.

Lineup was pretty good, but you couldn't really see the stage. Most of these big festivals are on a hill looking down to the stage, but this was just flat and you couldn't really see anything beyond the VIP section.

I don't think i'd go again (rather drive down to the Gorge for something), but i guess you never say never.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What did you see? Tell us some stories!

I'm curious how country fans behave in a setting like that, I imagine it comes close to the gathering of the juggalos.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #3
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryzsky View Post
What did you see? Tell us some stories!

I'm curious how country fans behave in a setting like that, I imagine it comes close to the gathering of the juggalos.
The stories I could tell. The people we stayed with actually brought a hot tub, and I have memories to last me a lifetime.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have friends that were there. They've been going since the beginning, I think. They told us of one story from the weekend with a lady doing a major boobie flash, while Big & Rich were on stage.

I saw the police reports, the ones released to the public, for up there that weekend. Well, some of them. Holy hell.

They also told us a story from years past, not sure if they were pulling our legs, but some lady got her humminahummina on with some guy, that wasn't her husband. He caught them at it in the trailer, kicked the guy out, left for a bit, came back and burnt the travel trailer, with her in it. Sounds like it gets pretty damn wild out there, every year.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote