Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2022, 03:46 PM   #1
Pizza
Poster

Exp:
Default Calgary Road Rage Thread

There just seems more and more anger in this city these days. As such cases like this are more frequent in Calgary where tempers flare and drivers regress to childish behaviour and do stupid things

Here's a recent incident on Westbound Glenmore where a Red Tesla was forced to stop and the driver of a 4 Runner kicks out their side mirrors

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:52 PM   #2
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well that should be a pretty open & shut case if the CPS decides to do anything about it.
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:56 PM   #3
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some reject went ape on my wife with a kid in the car at the McDonalds drive thru a couple weeks back. He picked the momentarily slower lane and wanted to change his mind by backing into stopped traffic. There was no room for her to back up so she went into the other order lane which set him off. 20 somethings loser driving his daddy's Mercedes, might even be the same guy. Eventually these clowns have a run in with the wrong person and end up smashed.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 03:56 PM   #4
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crap like this should result in licence suspension at minimum. Ya...everyone has bad days but that type of behavior is completely unacceptable.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be sending that to the cops RFN, and pressing charges. We've all gotten pissed off when somebody cut us off or did something stupid, but you yell something in your car or at worst flip the guy off, then calm the #### down and get on with your day. Garbage like this like this has no place on the road.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:50 PM   #6
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Was just reading about it on Reddit- guys are ID'd and apparently are trying to find the Youtuber for some reason

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...de_mirrors_in/
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 05:01 PM   #7
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Road Rage thread without 4x4 is a Road Rage thread not worth having...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 05:02 PM   #8
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw a dude pull a u-turn in a school zone and have a total meltdown when he got a ticket.
I got the sense that he was going to rush home to angrily talk about it on an online forum of some sort.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 06:10 PM   #9
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the dudes in the 4 runner and Mercedes are brothers?
Old 04-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #10
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never understood road rage myself. Just chill and roll, man.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #11
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Never understood road rage myself. Just chill and roll, man.
I'm incapable of being that zen on the road. Left-lane Lucies are my kryptonite. They make me lose my mind. There always has to be a dope of the highest order lolligagging in the left lane on the way to the mountains fataing up traffic flow. More power to you if you can let that roll of your back but I would literally bazooka them off the road and feel zero remorse if I didn't have to worry about getting in trouble for it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 07:05 PM   #12
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I'm incapable of being that zen on the road. Left-lane Lucies are my kryptonite. They make me lose my mind. There always has to be a dope of the highest order lolligagging in the left lane on the way to the mountains fataing up traffic flow. More power to you if you can let that roll of your back but I would literally bazooka them off the road and feel zero remorse if I didn't have to worry about getting in trouble for it.
While I agree and yell at them in my car (not at them
Literally but at myself ) or maybe drop a F bomb if my GF is in the vehicle this isn’t road rage .

Do you pass them and then slam on your breaks ? Terrorize them on the road ? Follow them to the next gas station and scream at them

Self road rage inside your own car is fine . It’s the crazy’s that’s the problems
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 07:16 PM   #13
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I used to be like this. Just letting folks totally ruin my ride. Then I realized...it wasn't worth the mental toll it was exacting. There was no point. It wasn't like pounding on my dash or steering wheel or 'shooting eye daggers' at the offending party EVER made a difference. But it was grinding at me.

It took me a while, I won't lie. But I finally got over it. I make sure I leave in plenty of time to get where I'm going, and have lots of music. So when/if I feel my temper rising, just turn the music up and pay attention to the lyrics instead of focusing on the crappy driving I'm seeing.

There will ALWAYS be crappy drivers. Don't let them ruin you.

I don't get the "get out of your car and f*** someone up" levels of rage, though.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #14
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lucky it was on video. Had something pretty similar happen to me about 7 years ago with a 1 year old in my car.

Waiting at a red light at the front of the right lane, and bus turned the corner and stopped on the other side of the intersection right before the light turned green. Seeing the bus stopped in my lane I jumped the line and switched to the left lane before the guy beside me could get going. He sped past me, the, stopped diagonally across the middle of the road, and him in and his passenger got out yelled at me, left a boot shaped mark in my door.

I understand how someone could be annoyed with what I did. But the cops and the company who's name was written on the back of his truck could care less, long enough ago I can't even remember the company.

Certainly have to be careful who you piss off
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #15
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
While I agree and yell at them in my car (not at them
Literally but at myself ) or maybe drop a F bomb if my GF is in the vehicle this isn’t road rage .

Do you pass them and then slam on your breaks ? Terrorize them on the road ? Follow them to the next gas station and scream at them

Self road rage inside your own car is fine . It’s the crazy’s that’s the problems
Haha, no, the extent of my anger is the middle finger if necessary, but typically just a dirty look and shake of the head.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 07:39 PM   #16
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How do you know someone doesn’t actually work for their money? When they put a 200K car in danger of being smacked to ####. #### man, there’s literally .nothing. worse than wealthy, entitled and juvenile.

If you stop dead in the highway for a traffic alteration, it should be totally legal to run them over.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #17
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
How do you know someone doesn’t actually work for their money? When they put a 200K car in danger of being smacked to ####. #### man, there’s literally .nothing. worse than wealthy, entitled and juvenile.

If you stop dead in the highway for a traffic alteration, it should be totally legal to run them over.
I think it’s pretty easy to claim fearing for your life if you were to try and escape after they boxed you in. If they happen to be in the way when you do that, then so be it.
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:48 PM   #18
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.facebook.com/ali.hammoud.54379
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:57 PM   #19
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

Ugh, I had forgotten what insufferable Snowcat was a thing. What a raging clue he has with that voice.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 07:57 PM   #20
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah well on the opposite side, i hang in the right lane doing ten over, when I come to pass somebody and speed up to 25 over to do it, I don't give a s**t about a**holes who feel it's their right to speed unencumbered at 45 over and expect everyone to get out of the way even when it's not safe like they own the road. **ck you guys
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ripTDR For This Useful Post: