Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #41
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Gotta say guys...this is an excellent idea...what a great app. I rarley play games on my iphone.....but damnit....I gotta take over SW calgary!

Just an excellent idea.....
MacFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #42
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah not being able to choose the resource is the best way to do it IMO. I only asked because I thought I had read somewhere that you can edit them.

And we really need some competition here in Edmonton, because right now it looks like it's me, and some girl who is based out of Calgary.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #43
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

11 Territories! The far west part of Calgary is mostly mine! Best app on my iPhone!
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #44
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
11 Territories! The far west part of Calgary is mostly mine! Best app on my iPhone!
Ha! You're taking territories from my buddy ... she's going to be pissed! My wife and I on the way home were discussing how awesome this cheerio character is. I tried for so long to take some of those but she'd always take them back. We're cheering for you ... just steer clear of Liam land (north and south) and we won't have problems.

If you are enjoying the game it would be awesome if you'd take a moment and rate it in iTunes if you haven't already.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #45
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chuckles View Post
I have an iPod touch and so far I have 7 territories, here is the key:

Home base - hook up to your own wireless router and shore up that place good.
Downtown - I work downtown and I can hop on this one unprotected router 70% of the time. It is slow but I do lead at times.
Libraries, Starbucks and relatives: These are your key strategic points. My relatives now wonder why I am visiting so much and why I am so hyper and well read!
Hey Chuckles (or any of the developers...),
How did you make it work for your iTouch? I picked up the app in the app store but it won't go onto my Touch saying it's incompatible - I have the latest software version tho....I am so confused! LOL Either way, happy to have thrown in my $1 for fellow CPers.
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #46
Captain Chuckles
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeeGirl View Post
Hey Chuckles (or any of the developers...),
How did you make it work for your iTouch? I picked up the app in the app store but it won't go onto my Touch saying it's incompatible - I have the latest software version tho....I am so confused! LOL Either way, happy to have thrown in my $1 for fellow CPers.
Thank you very much for supporting us. I think the reason it may not work is because when we submitted it to Apple we put iPhone only because we did not want to disappoint people with iPods as you can only take over territories where you get wifi (my situation). I think when we submit an update we will see if we can flip it so iPod folks can play as well.
Captain Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #47
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chuckles View Post
Thank you very much for supporting us. I think the reason it may not work is because when we submitted it to Apple we put iPhone only because we did not want to disappoint people with iPods as you can only take over territories where you get wifi (my situation). I think when we submit an update we will see if we can flip it so iPod folks can play as well.
Ahh okay good to know - I grabbed the app cuz it sounded like you could use it with your iPod as long as it was connected to wifi (and while stuck in the Hat, thought "why not conquer all while here?" LOL). I'll wait for some updates and see if it works later on. Thanks Chuckles!
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #48
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Ha! You're taking territories from my buddy ... she's going to be pissed! My wife and I on the way home were discussing how awesome this cheerio character is. I tried for so long to take some of those but she'd always take them back. We're cheering for you ... just steer clear of Liam land (north and south) and we won't have problems.

If you are enjoying the game it would be awesome if you'd take a moment and rate it in iTunes if you haven't already.
Haha always nice to have someone on your side! I think over the next few days that stretch of Glenmore between Sarcee and Crowchild will go from red to purple! Hopefully she doesn't get too too mad and starts trying to take of my little empire im building out here!
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #49
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

The patch north of glenmore on crowchild is of particular significance in terms of resources. Hammer and gold ... It's a valuable couple of km's!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #50
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just got app this last night. I haven't played around too much but I now own my neighbourhood. Pretty cool app. I wish I had this when I was in SE Asia in September. Neat app idea.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #51
Devils'Advocate
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I take it that this game uses 3G internet? So I would be extremely unwise to expand my empire when I visit the U.S. in a month?
Devils'Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #52
Captain Chuckles
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils'Advocate View Post
I take it that this game uses 3G internet? So I would be extremely unwise to expand my empire when I visit the U.S. in a month?
Definitely expensive depending on your plan. Sometimes your phone company will give you a deal if you phone in advance.
Captain Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #53
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:

I notice Rogers will let you buy a pack of data to use internationally. I would imagine Telus and Bell are the same.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #54
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are there any plans to give us notice that we got attacked, other than by going into reports?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #55
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Should be fine if you can find some Wifi though? Lots of free Wifi in the US, depending on where you're going.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #56
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

What a brutal day. Lost my home territory and the dome. If Yeller is on here please note I will destroy you. Also whoever owns somerset needs to know I'm going to nuke them in the morning. I'm going to let them accumulate troops all night too so it's extra demoralizing.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #57
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Are there any plans to give us notice that we got attacked, other than by going into reports?
We'll look into it. It might get annoying for some people though so it could be an on/off function.

I know that when I got attacked over 20 times yesterday I would have found the alerts annoying...not as annoying as getting attacked though.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #58
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What a brutal day. Lost my home territory and the dome. If Yeller is on here please note I will destroy you. Also whoever owns somerset needs to know I'm going to nuke them in the morning. I'm going to let them accumulate troops all night too so it's extra demoralizing.
Haha! I was crushing you there until I suddenly went from 3000 troops to 3? Oh well. When I take it back I'll change the name as well!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #59
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Boy..sounds like you had a bad night Russic. It's really funny what lengths you will take to acquire territory after a couple of beers.

Loved what you named the saddledome territory by the way..... Game on!

Last edited by MacFlame; 01-01-2010 at 07:18 PM.
MacFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #60
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Haha! I was crushing you there until I suddenly went from 3000 troops to 3? Oh well. When I take it back I'll change the name as well!
Ya it would appear the nuke attack was introduced at the worst possible moment for you. We are now locked into a battle of stubborness that I don't intend to lose. I finally found a use for the old iPhone I upgraded from ... it's now my gate keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFlame View Post
Boy..sounds like you had a bad night Russic. It's really funny what lengths you will take to acquire territory after a couple of beers.

Loved what you named the saddledome territory by the way..... Game on!
YOU. My buddy and I were cursing you all night. I ran out of battery so I didn't see what happened until I got back to my car and plugged in.