Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #21
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I haven't paid for my own ticket because of the pricing for years. A couple hundred dollars min. for a night out, or all you can eat wings and beers at home for a fraction of the amount. Not going to a game from my own pocket in a while....
Kswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #22
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
When Stubhub is selling tickets for half of what the Flames are selling them for, then that's a pretty telling symptom that pricing is off.
Agreed partially. At the same time, those same seats for the home opener were listed at us$75, and you can likely get us$50-70 for Montreal, Toronto, etc. And since those will be almost exclusively season ticket holders selling, they would have paid about c$25 per seat up there (row 1 300s comes out to just over $30 each season ticket price, higher rows slightly cheaper). So the games nobody wants will be below that, and the games everybody wants will be above that. Ideally, it averages out in the wash.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #23
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya its too much for me as well. But i do my part - pay for legal streaming and buy jersey's etc... its all about supply and demand, seems to me like other than a few markets the attendance is pretty good across the league.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #24
ThisYear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yes, but on Stubhub you have to pay for US to CAD conversion, plus on top you have to pay for fees etc. Even though the tickets are cheaper on stubhub they were still sold to a season ticket holder, meaning the tickets are already sold in NHLs eyes.
ThisYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #25
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Doesn't matter. It's a sell-out if the tickets are all distributed, regardless of how they are distributed.
Didn't say otherwise. I wondering if 100% of the tickets were sold or not. I didn't take a look at ticketmaster at game time, so not sure if some tickets went unsold.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #26
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I opted out of my season ticket share this year. Hockey to me is starting to become like going to the movie theatre, where the cost and hassle of the event is no longer worth it, especially since the experience at home is often just as entertaining and offers a much better value…and one that let’s me bail if the game sucks. It’s one reason I’m not really that eager for a new arena. The product will mostly still be the same, but the extra fluff will make it even more of a bad value.

If Sportsnet ever got their act together and brought us real HD, the value proposition would be even worse for going to a game. I’m sure the Flames aren’t in any hurry to get them to improve for that reason.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #27
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Was the Flames home opener a sell out? I knew the Flames were giving out a lot of free PL home opener tickets during the pre-season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Doesn't matter. It's a sell-out if the tickets are all distributed, regardless of how they are distributed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Didn't say otherwise. I wondering if 100% of the tickets were sold or not. I didn't take a look at ticketmaster at game time, so not sure if some tickets went unsold.
Haha, I think this exact exchange has happened about 250 times on CP over the years.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #28
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last time I bought a pair of tickets at face value was two years ago. My wife and I immediately walked out agreeing that the night, while a great time, was no where near worth the price. I haven't paid for a game since and don't envision doing so for the near future. The 2-3 free Saturday tickets I luck into each year are more than enough to whet my appetite.

I get much better value out of my Stamps tickets so will just continue to support the organization that way.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote