Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-30-2017, 01:27 PM   #41
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Insane Flame indeed. Holy smokes.

I wonder what it's going to take for Ovechkin to move forward. Maybe he should look at a sports psychologist?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #42
Madrox
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This thread right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkB...utu.be&t=2m06s

Looking forward to seeing a hopefully invigorated and quicker Ovi this year.
Madrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #43
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I thought it was funny in the sense that Ovechkin clearly is not 'fat'. He's a super star athlete playing in the toughest hockey league in the world.
Do you hold the same opinion of Byfuglien? What about our own Matthew Tkachuk's dad?

You can be fat and fit. You can be skinny and unfit. It's not unfair to say, as far as super star athletes go, Ovechkin has never been in the upper echelon of fitness. And during the summer he does let himself go. Check out his off-season pictures throughout the years and you'd never guess he was a super star athlete, he does get a beer gut.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 08-30-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #44
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thick Nik Lewis thinks OV is doing just fine.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #45
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Do you hold the same opinion of Byfuglien? What about our own Matthew Tkachuk's dad?

You can be fat and fit. You can be skinny and unfit. It's not unfair to say, as far as super star athletes go, Ovechkin has never been in the upper echelon of fitness. And during the summer he does let himself go. Check out his off-season pictures throughout the years and you'd never guess he was a super star athlete, he does get a beer gut.
I think you miss understand my point. I'm saying its funny because he's clearly not fat. A beer gut does not make someone fat IMO. Being 5'7" and 450 pounds is fat. Not being able to walk or get off the couch is fat. Thats what I found funny, that he is not fat at all and in fact is in better shape than the average person on his worst day.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #46
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrox View Post
This thread right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkB...utu.be&t=2m06s

Looking forward to seeing a hopefully invigorated and quicker Ovi this year.
Fixed.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #47
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
Why doesn't everybody just calm down. Why so serious?
lol. It's August, and us Flames fans have plenty to be excited about. We are all hockey starved for any news.

You just took the brunt of it.
Koodos for being a sport about it.

on topic. Does Ovi expect to be faster? I remember the year Iginla slimmed down in an attempt to be faster. He may have been, but I thought he wasn't quite as strong along the boards for it.
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #48
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I think you miss understand my point. I'm saying its funny because he's clearly not fat. A beer gut does not make someone fat IMO. Being 5'7" and 450 pounds is fat. Not being able to walk or get off the couch is fat. Thats what I found funny, that he is not fat at all and in fact is in better shape than the average person on his worst day.
Well not to get too heavily into this debate again on this forum, but if 450 pounds and unable to get off the couch is your definition of fat, that's actually sad to me.

Being 5'7'' and over 160 pounds is considered overweight (which is my definition of fat) unless you're a world class athlete with a large muscle mass.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #49
jaikorven
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Well not to get too heavily into this debate again on this forum, but if 450 pounds and unable to get off the couch is your definition of fat, that's actually sad to me.

Being 5'7'' and over 160 pounds is considered overweight (which is my definition of fat) unless you're a world class athlete with a large muscle mass.
Well I hate to get into this debate as well but to pigeon hole, a set height with a specific weight is far too simplistic. Different builds and bone structure change a good or great weight at 5'7 by quite a bit.
jaikorven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaikorven For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #50
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaikorven View Post
Well I hate to get into this debate as well but to pigeon hole, a set height with a specific weight is far too simplistic. Different builds and bone structure change a good or great weight at 5'7 by quite a bit.
I don't disagree, BMI has it's limitations especially when it comes to unusual muscle mass and BF%. It's just that 90% of population don't fit into that unusual build and yet we hear fatties try to argue that BMI isn't useful because Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been considered obese.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #51
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

after watching the Icarus documentary on Netflix, my perception of Russian athletes and weight loss is affected.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #52
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Moreover I think "Fat" carries different connotations than overweight.
If you are using the word fat it is because you are trying to be more harsh in the description - otherwise you would use the word overweight.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #53
18YrOldSamBennett
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Have to agree with this statement. I'm 5'6 and weight 155 and people call me skinny. Different builds mean different weights etc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
18YrOldSamBennett is offline   Reply With Quote