Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #21
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I made an avatar bet with Parralax that Lazar will net 35 points this year. I stand by that still.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #22
JohnnyTitan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Count me in for the Tkachuk-Bennett-Lazar line!

I think he was meant to play with Bennett. And the fact that he's a natural center helps out when Sam gets waived out of the circle or is maybe just having a bad night on the dot.

So I'm hoping he can be a fixture with Bennett and play up to 15G, 15A. A realistic expectation is he plays there half the season (Other half on 4th line), some PK as others have mentioned and can go 10G, 10A.
JohnnyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #23
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I made an avatar bet with Parralax that Lazar will net 35 points this year. I stand by that still.
If Lazar can claw his way up to the Backlund-Frolik line then maybe but I mean, don't you think this is being a bit, uhh, optimistic?
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #24
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Not as optimistic as saying something like "David Jones will score 15 goals in 2016-17"...

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #25
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
If Lazar can claw his way up to the Backlund-Frolik line then maybe but I mean, don't you think this is being a bit, uhh, optimistic?
Is his optimism an affront to you, Tinordi?
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #26
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
Is his optimism an affront to you, Tinordi?
No, just that the thread is titled "Realistic expectations..."

Once a mall cop always a mall cop.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #27
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
No, just that the thread is titled "Realistic expectations..."
Yeah, that's probably fair then. Just thought it was a relatively small bit of optimism to take issue with.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #28
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Not as optimistic as saying something like "David Jones will score 15 goals in 2016-17"...
To be honest, letting you make that bet was everyone just eagerly waiting the summer arrival of The"dickbutt"Scorpion
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #29
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am probably among the more optimistic regarding Lazar's potential - at least longer term. But I doubt he will get enough opportunity this year to put up 35-40 points. That seems unrealistic.

I think something like 20-25 points this year is doable. And he will earn an increasing amount of the coach's trust as the season goes on.

I can see 35-40 points in 2 or 3 years though.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #30
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Depends on the role he's cast in and his linemates. If he's playing with Stajan on the 4th line, then he's going to produce nada. If he's on the third line with Bennett and Brouwer, then he's going to have a chance to put up 10-15 goals and 25-35 points. If he's on the third line with Bennett and Tkachuk, then I think he has potential to hit 15-20 and 35-40 points. Depends on a lot of variables.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #31
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I am probably among the more optimistic regarding Lazar's potential - at least longer term. But I doubt he will get enough opportunity this year to put up 35-40 points. That seems unrealistic.

I think something like 20-25 points this year is doable. And he will earn an increasing amount of the coach's trust as the season goes on.

I can see 35-40 points in 2 or 3 years though.
15 points a year sounds about right.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #32
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep making McDavid look like a punk.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:27 PM   #33
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

8 goals 22 points.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #34
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post

Or do you see him breaking out in a bigger way? 20 goals? 50 points?

He'd have to get top 6 minutes and PP time to accomplish that.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #35
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm setting the bar at

76GP 6G-14A-20PTS

his Ottawa Senators 2015-2016 numbers. This year I expect Lazar to get back into the game, I don't expect him to go from scratched to .5 pts a game. I expect 3rd line, pk minutes and occasional offence, depending on his line mates.

Flames are banking on a lot of youth to be real contributors this year. I think its possible Lazar contributes, but I'm finding it highly unlikely that Lazar, Jankowski, (Foo?), Bennett, Tkachuk and Kulak all winding up impacting games in a meaningful way.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #36
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Realistic 64 games played, 7 goals 13 assists +3. Best case 80 game's played 13 goals 20 assists 33 points.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #37
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't care so much about his numbers if he can consistently play hard every shift, back check strong, and win some board battles. Any points he nets is gravy.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #38
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have a feeling he breaks out, but realistically, I expect him to start the season strong. Show up to camp in amazing shape, play with Hathaway level enthusiasm and carve out a role on this team defensively (pk), and physically (people think we lost toughness from Engelland yet we get a full season of Lazaar, Stone, Hamonic and maybe Hathaway). Points are the hardest thing to predict, especially for a young player yet to breakout. Offensively I expect a hard forechecker, enough speed to push the defence back and for him to net a good portion of his chances. Bang home a few garbage goals while providing a net front presence. His style reminds me of when Glencross was one of the best grinders( right word?) In the league.

Guesstimating I'll say 11 goals, 25 points, 73 PIM, +16 in 69 games is pretty reasonable. Hopefully averaging 15 minutes a night by the end of the season as a third line fixture with PK time.

Ultimate upside is around Glencross but I doubt our lineup will be shallow enough for him to play that role, so less points. Good player, glad we got him.
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:24 PM   #39
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I don't care so much about his numbers if he can consistently play hard every shift, back check strong, and win some board battles. Any points he nets is gravy.
I mean we could have brought up Hathaway for free to do the same. Here's hoping he's able to consistently combine that hard work with the occasional skill-play. Like a Ferland type.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #40
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I don't care about his point totals either. To me higher point totals doesn't necessarily equate to a more successful season. With the departure of Bouma, Brouwer no where to be seen and Hathaway seemingly in and out the lineup, the Flames need some bite in the bottom 6. Lazar could put up 5 pts, but I'd be happy if he plays a chippy game and gets under the opponents skin. Finish his checks and bring a hard work ethic every game. If he buys into the system, earns a full time spot and becomes a reliable hard working player, to me that's a good season for him.

He's definitely got some untapped offensive potential. But IMO he's (for now) much more useful on the bottom 6 until he forces his way into a more offensive role.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: