Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Investment Property Opportunity

A property recently came on the market as a foreclosure just under 200k. It is a 1 bedroom fully renovated in mission. A few days later it was taken off the market which I believe to be temporary.
The building was red flagged by CMHC a little over a year ago which will force the buyer to put 20% down. The red flag comes from renovations taking place during the boom, owners spending 300k+ on condos that are now worth 200k. Most of the owners walked away and the majority of the building was vacant. This was CMHC's issue.
Roughly a year ago a CP member bought in this condo as a investment property. I do not recall the exact numbers but if memory serves me correct, he owed no more than $1100 including taxes, mortgage and condo fees while he was able to rent it out for $1350. With the rental market right now I wouldnt be surprised if you could get $1400 with little problem.

If anyone is interested looking for such a investment property, please pm/contact me and I can look further into the banks plans to put it back on the market.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com