Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually, I'd recommend getting the paint yourself and give it to the contractor as they will just get general paint and say they used Benjamen Moore or whatever you wanted.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Actually, I'd recommend getting the paint yourself and give it to the contractor as they will just get general paint and say they used Benjamen Moore or whatever you wanted.
No, they have to leave the paint left over so it would be pretty easy to tell from the paint cans.

Don't think many painters would do that especially when you ask for a specific paint.

And plus a painter gets about a 40% discount, sometimes more so it's best to let them buy the paint.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla View Post
No, they have to leave the paint left over so it would be pretty easy to tell from the paint cans.

Don't think many painters would do that especially when you ask for a specific paint.

And plus a painter gets about a 40% discount, sometimes more so it's best to let them buy the paint.
I have heard that it's a bit of a problem from other designers and that they've had client complaints because of it (some will actually keep the old BM cans and put the GP paint in it so they don't get caught, seriously)
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
I have heard that it's a bit of a problem from other designers and that they've had client complaints because of it (some will actually keep the old BM cans and put the GP paint in it so they don't get caught, seriously)
Haha, they're hiring the wrong painters then.

The formulas are also on every can so these must be really dumb painters.

The reason they have to leave paint left over is because if a touchup is needed they have to use the exact same paint they did the finish coat with. Not just the same color, but the same paint.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #25
Tailgator
Scoring Winger

Exp:

My wife and I used Aura by Benjamin Moore and it was awesome. I'll warn you it's more expensive, but I bet you save in the long run. I bought enough to do 2 coats and I don't think the scond coat was even necessary. Better still, no nap marks and it dries fast enough to do 2 coats pretty quickly.