Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2022, 09:27 AM   #5041
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a 9. And frankly, the original was already probably worthy of a 9, even if you were to play it for the first time today, and the consensus is that this one is better (and looking at the visuals it sure looks spectacular). I'm pretty pumped to play it... in a few months, after the bugs are patched out.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #5042
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Color me surprised IGN didn't overscore it. I see Gamespot only gave it an 8. I'm sure it's going to be just as good as the first and a graphical showcase for the PS5.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:03 PM   #5043
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horizon 2 being another lavishly produced boring game from Guerilla Games is not really a surprise, that's their specialty.

And yeah great review scores etc. etc. they all say pretty much the same thing. More of the same from Horizon 1.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:21 PM   #5044
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Guardians of the galaxy is tough to get into, and I suspect it's me more than anything

It feels too much like I'm watching the game rather than playing it. And while that's worked in other linear-type games i've played recently, in this case the game almost feels too restricting

It's not that I'm not enjoying it (~5 hours in) but in its effort to be straightforward and not a grind, it's hard to pick up because ironically it feels like a grind

Might dial the difficulty down to easiest and do a run through that way first.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:49 PM   #5045
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

It isn't super high resolution but Vampire Survivors is pretty neat for $3. Overwhelmingly positive, 40,000 reviews.

Single stick shooter lol.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2022, 08:17 PM   #5046
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

If your going to buy Horizon Forbidden West, buy the PS4 version for $10 less than the PS5 version. It comes with a free upgrade to PS5.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LockedOut For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #5047
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Guys, I don't think I'm good enough to beat Isshin the sword saint at the end of Sekiro. Holy crap he's hard.
I can't believe it, I actually beat him last night. I think I had ~50 attempts but it finally came together. I think I'm still riding the high.

Now I'm going to put down my controller for a couple weeks until Elden Ring comes out .
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:33 AM   #5048
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedOut View Post
If your going to buy Horizon Forbidden West, buy the PS4 version for $10 less than the PS5 version. It comes with a free upgrade to PS5.
On that note watch for games that give both PS5 and PS4 versions they are perfect for the person that has another family member that wants to play without buying a second copy.

I install the PS5 version on my PS5 and log into my sons PS4 and install my PS4 version on there and then he has access to play the game on his account as if he owned it. Elden Ring is doing this, I just did this with Call of Duty and NBA2K.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:42 AM   #5049
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedOut View Post
If you're going to buy Horizon Forbidden West, buy the disc version and sell it once you're done to someone for 30 bucks. 30 is more than 10!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2022, 06:30 PM   #5050
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cyberpunk 2077 had a massive update today. I may check it out later on after the Flames game. I haven't played it since spring last year.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41...ist-of-changes
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:36 PM   #5051
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post
Cyberpunk 2077 had a massive update today. I may check it out later on after the Flames game. I haven't played it since spring last year.

And a 5 hour trial for people who don't have it.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2022, 01:27 PM   #5052
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure about XBox but the MLB The Show 22 Tech Test is now available for download on PS4 and PS5.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:16 PM   #5053
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I liked this game so much I decided to stop playing it and wait for the next gen update. Good to see I can finally get back into this. One thing that bothers me about the industry is that it seems like we have long dry spells without notable releases and then a bunch of big games are released in the same timeframe as this update would have been better a few months ago when I was trying to find games to occupy my time. Now I have this, Dying Light 2, Horizon 2, and Eldon Ring all in the same month. Good problem to have I guess. I'm going to quit Dying Light and pick that up in a few months when it's properly patched.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:48 PM   #5054
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, looks like I'm gonna have to play through Cyberpunk 2077 again.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:53 PM   #5055
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I stopped playing early on after hearing this upgrade was coming this year. I was really enjoying the game but a the bugs were pretty rough. I look forward to jumping back in with improved performance and bug fixes.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2022, 11:08 PM   #5056
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Yup, looks like I'm gonna have to play through Cyberpunk 2077 again.
Gonna give it a whirl shortly. Have it on GOG and the update required 71GB of temporary space. It was easier to just delete the game a re-download the all ready updated version. Looking forward to playing.

Also, and my wife is going to kill me, I bought Total War: Warhammer 3 and Elden Ring....and Horizon and GT7.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:43 PM   #5057
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Old 02-17-2022, 09:02 AM   #5058
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Gonna give it a whirl shortly. Have it on GOG and the update required 71GB of temporary space. It was easier to just delete the game a re-download the all ready updated version. Looking forward to playing.

Also, and my wife is going to kill me, I bought Total War: Warhammer 3 and Elden Ring....and Horizon and GT7.
Total War: Warhammer 3 will be available day 1 on Ultimate/PC Game pass, so you could have saved a bit of money there.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #5059
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Total War: Warhammer 3 will be available day 1 on Ultimate/PC Game pass, so you could have saved a bit of money there.
Yep. Except I have the other versions with their associated DLC on Steam so when Creative Assembly mashes all the games together I'll have to have them all within the same storefront. They've not done it yet so yeah I could have saved a bit of money but it was also discounted by 25% on Fanatical so I figured might as well.

Three months ago there was a pricing error on the Microsoft Store and Warhammer 3 was being sold for $8. I bought it there too. I can't seem to get a refund or even transfer it to someone otherwise I'd do that.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2022, 12:33 PM   #5060
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Any luck lately for anyone hunting down a PS5? Have a few friends interested.

What accounts were people following for that again?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote