Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #2461
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

"I don't like trolling the Jays thread" *proceeds to troll Jays thread*

What you said about the Rays can literally be said about the Jays as well, minus a couple payroll obligations. Top 5 farm system, winning at a lot of levels together, "kids can play ball".

Last edited by flames_fan_down_under; 09-21-2018 at 11:37 PM.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 12:12 AM   #2462
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Well get use to that garbage team beating you every year. Top 5 farm system in baseball no payroll obligations and all the kids can play ball and have won at every level together.

But I’m sure vladdy will save your dumpster fire. Maybe next year you will live up to expectations.
I think you're lost goober. Rayssuck.com is over thataway.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #2463
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
"I don't like trolling the Jays thread" *proceeds to troll Jays thread*

What you said about the Rays can literally be said about the Jays as well, minus a couple payroll obligations. Top 5 farm system, winning at a lot of levels together, "kids can play ball".
Your 14 games below .500 really show your ability to win! Just wanted to point out that the jays did absolutely nothing in ending the rays season statistically.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:49 AM   #2464
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Your 14 games below .500 really show your ability to win! Just wanted to point out that the jays did absolutely nothing in ending the rays season statistically.
Dude, read about 15 posts ago, I was complimenting how the Rays are built. What is your problem?
Old 09-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #2465
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Dude, read about 15 posts ago, I was complimenting how the Rays are built. What is your problem?
No problem with yourself. Gets old hearing how bad the rays are from jays fans every year and how they are a junk organization. So i’m obligated as a sports fan to point out inaccurate statements such as having a part in ending the rays playoff chances. It’s like oiler fans saying the Flames were eliminated from the playoffs because they beat us first two games of 2017/2018 season
Old 09-22-2018, 02:27 AM   #2466
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

The Rays are no good.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 05:48 AM   #2467
Puddy27
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
No problem with yourself. Gets old hearing how bad the rays are from jays fans every year and how they are a junk organization. So i’m obligated as a sports fan to point out inaccurate statements such as having a part in ending the rays playoff chances. It’s like oiler fans saying the Flames were eliminated from the playoffs because they beat us first two games of 2017/2018 season
Well, through your lens you're obligated I suppose. I'm a sports fan and I don't feel obligated to point out how bad other organizations are. Thats even if a fan of another team puts down the team I cheer for or makes an inaccurate statement. I'm sure the Rays have talent but who cares? Not even many people that live in Tampa or they'd have better attendance. That's valuable energy you're wasting on defending a group that doesn't really know you exist lol. To each their own. No judgement here as I used to be like that in my 20's towards Canuck and Oiler fans.
Puddy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #2468
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The Rays have a pretty schrewd Management Group. But it's a junk stadium, and I think Baseball in Tampa Bay is luke warm at best. Mind you it's not like we know that they won't support the team if they had a decent stadium. I still have no idea why MLB went to that market without it having a good ball park or plans to get one.

I'll be happy to support the Rays when they move to Montreal and become the Expos. I like the way they run things, and I think the idea of game openers this year really allowed them to maximize what they could out of their team.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #2469
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy27 View Post
Well, through your lens you're obligated I suppose. I'm a sports fan and I don't feel obligated to point out how bad other organizations are. Thats even if a fan of another team puts down the team I cheer for or makes an inaccurate statement. I'm sure the Rays have talent but who cares? Not even many people that live in Tampa or they'd have better attendance. That's valuable energy you're wasting on defending a group that doesn't really know you exist lol. To each their own. No judgement here as I used to be like that in my 20's towards Canuck and Oiler fans.
If the jays played in Ajax I’m sure they would have attendance issues as well. Why does anyone post on this site since the teams we cheer for don’t know we exist? I just find it hilarious how blind people are to the Jays being the Oilers of the MLB which =no good. I’ll go back to watching a baseball team win games and a potential cy young and ROY play out their year.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #2470
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post

I'll be happy to support the Rays when they move to Montreal and become the Expos. I like the way they run things, and I think the idea of game openers this year really allowed them to maximize what they could out of their team.
You have a better chance at the marlins so I hope you are a Jeter fan. RSN tv contract coming up soon and nearing a decision on a stadium team won’t be moving anytime soon. Even without the stadium cashing in on the RSN is enough to make them stay since they have strong TV ratings in region and I’m sure Montreal isn’t going to post up nearly a billion dollars for one.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #2471
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread knows this.
Move along.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #2472
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rowdy Tellez with a single double HR and 3 RBI today.

Guy sure looks like our 1B/DH of the future. Early but man he looks good so far.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #2473
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

This kids are looking good and giving Jays fans reason to be hopeful.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #2474
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I think this is the end of Joe Biagini as a Jay. Showed some promise last season but he has been awful this season. ERA 5.77. That’s unreal.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #2475
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trying to make him a starter was a big mistake. He was never the same after that.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #2476
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If the jays played in Ajax I’m sure they would have attendance issues as well. Why does anyone post on this site since the teams we cheer for don’t know we exist? I just find it hilarious how blind people are to the Jays being the Oilers of the MLB which =no good. I’ll go back to watching a baseball team win games and a potential cy young and ROY play out their year.
How is downtown St. Petersburg the equivalent of a small Ontario city halfway between Toronto and Oshawa?
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #2477
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
How is downtown St. Petersburg the equivalent of a small Ontario city halfway between Toronto and Oshawa?
Hes just sour cause the '14 games under .500' Jays pumped the Rays in 2 out of 4 to split the series and end their playoff hopes.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #2478
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
A domestic assault charge against Houston Astros closer Roberto Osuna in Toronto was withdrawn on Tuesday.

In exchange, Osuna agreed to a peace bond. He must comply to a series of conditions for one year or face criminal charges, which would carry a maximum sentence of up to four years' imprisonment
Interesting.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #2479
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Canadian justice system has no spine. On a "celebrity" like this you prosecute to the full extent to show a lesson. Sadly it's the guy who has no resources to back himself up, who doesn't get the same deal.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:14 AM   #2480
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
The Canadian justice system has no spine. On a "celebrity" like this you prosecute to the full extent to show a lesson. Sadly it's the guy who has no resources to back himself up, who doesn't get the same deal.

Turns out the crown couldn't proceed because the only witness didn't want to come back from Mexico and testify.

Really nothing else they could do other than make this deal.