Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2020, 12:49 PM   #2741
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone that has played blue devil yet, what is the procedure like there and what to expect for food/bev/washrooms? Playing tomorrow and just curious what’s in store.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #2742
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Was there not a tee time rule put in place? I see Lynx Ridge is doing 9 minute tee times.
9 minutes is stupid during normal times!
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #2743
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Was there not a tee time rule put in place? I see Lynx Ridge is doing 9 minute tee times.
Drove by HeatherGlen today and it was as packed on the course as I've ever seen. Haven't tried to book yet so I don't know for sure but I can't see any way they spaced out their times for social distancing.

Along 100th ave I saw the standard 3 groups on a hole (one group putting, one group waiting for approach shots, one group standing around looking extremely bored at the tee, plus another group just finishing up at the hole behind).

Maybe it was coincidence that it was that backed up around the road holes, but it certainly didn't look enjoyable...well other then you're out golfing instead of sitting at home like two weeks ago.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #2744
jayswin

Exp:

Was really hoping for those spaced out tee times to counter the onslaught of bookings. But looks like we'll be in for some pretty packed golf courses for awhile.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:17 PM   #2745
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Was really hoping for those spaced out tee times to counter the onslaught of bookings. But looks like we'll be in for some pretty packed golf courses for awhile.
I don't really blame the courses though. If you aren't going to mandate tee times they are going to try and maximize revenue.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #2746
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
I don't really blame the courses though. If you aren't going to mandate tee times they are going to try and maximize revenue.
Oh yeah, no fault of the courses, just wish the province would have mandated 10 min+ tee times. Oh well.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #2747
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
For anyone that has played blue devil yet, what is the procedure like there and what to expect for food/bev/washrooms? Playing tomorrow and just curious what’s in store.
I played there on the weekend. Basically you talk to a guy when you turn into the road to the course. You can’t be there more than 20 minutes ahead. Then you have the contactless check-in at a table outside the clubhouse.

The only washrooms are there (at the clubhouse) and you knock in the door and they’ll let you in. Maximum of two golfers at a time. There is a cart there for food/beverages. I didn’t have food, but it looked like chips and chocolate bars. Maybe some sandwiches? (I played Heather Glen also and they’d run out before we got there).

Overall it ran really smooth and we had zero issue in terms of playing time or anything like that. I didn’t notice anyone standing around at either course and there were really no issues with distancing at all that I saw. I guess the most dangerous was the “force of habit” where a guy might naturally reach for the pin or things like that, but it seems like a good setup overall.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2020, 07:59 PM   #2748
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Todays round was much better than yesterday. Lots of sunshine and little wind.

For the holes my course (Nanton) is using water noodles and cutting pieces off to put the cups to elevate the balls.

Some pics of the greens and fairways to give you an idea of the condition the course is in.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:02 PM   #2749
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Beddington Driving range is open and you can tee up your driver there.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darklord700 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 05:23 PM   #2750
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

played Serenity today, very busy but they had it pretty organized and the pace wasnt too bad. good to get out
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:12 PM   #2751
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Lynx ridge. Was in pretty good shape I thought. Played in about 4 hours 10 minutes. Waited a ton. Sometimes I hate golfers.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #2752
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone know of any ranges open in the south?
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #2753
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Played my 4th round with today being the nicest day of the week. Still not playing well and it's taken a bit longer to get my game back. Might have to spend some time on the range.

Been using my new Taylormade M6 driver and so far i'm not seeing any addition distance off the tee when compared to my old driver. Oddly enough the M6 makes very little noise when you hit the ball.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #2754
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ArmBands View Post
Anyone know of any ranges open in the south?

I was told oasis greens is open.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:31 PM   #2755
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Played my 4th round with today being the nicest day of the week. Still not playing well and it's taken a bit longer to get my game back. Might have to spend some time on the range.

Been using my new Taylormade M6 driver and so far i'm not seeing any addition distance off the tee when compared to my old driver. Oddly enough the M6 makes very little noise when you hit the ball.
My 16 year old son was using my old 10.5 degree M2 with a Regular Shaft and was hitting around 250 to 260, really high ball flight. We got him fitted with a 9.0 degree Taylormade Sim with a HZRDUS Smoke shaft over the winter. On the Sim he was hitting it 280-290. He's so much fun to play with as he gets this huge grin on his face when he connects a good drive. Looking forward to playing with him this year.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #2756
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieboy View Post
My 16 year old son was using my old 10.5 degree M2 with a Regular Shaft and was hitting around 250 to 260, really high ball flight. We got him fitted with a 9.0 degree Taylormade Sim with a HZRDUS Smoke shaft over the winter. On the Sim he was hitting it 280-290. He's so much fun to play with as he gets this huge grin on his face when he connects a good drive. Looking forward to playing with him this year.
I bought a Smoke yellow and can't wait to get the tip swapped and take it for a spin. I picked up 15y on Trackman versus my current set up.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #2757
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

It's crazy what the right fitting will do. I got fitted with a Project X EvenFlow Stiff shaft and gained about 20 yards. I only swing my driver about 90mph so conventional wisdom says I shouldn't be anywhere hear a Stiff shaft but the data doesn't lie.

Love Trackman for that.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #2758
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Played Apple Creek yesterday, it is in pretty rough shape right now
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #2759
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got an email from Bearspaw, they are not open. Nothing remarkable in that and the email listed all the usual precautions now in place which are essentially the same as most other courses so nothing remarkable in that. However one line item which I had not seen before was what to do in inclement weather. On course shelters, the clubhouse etc. are obviously off limits so their process is for golfers to head directly to their vehicles to shelter.

Again, nothing remarkable in that and I assume other courses have procedures in place as well. It's just the first time I had seen it mentioned and in Alberta nasty weather is pretty commonplace yet I had not given it any thought until now.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:44 AM   #2760
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
Played Apple Creek yesterday, it is in pretty rough shape right now
whats the layout of Apple Creek like? i am thinking hillbilly course but have never played it.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow