Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2023, 05:15 AM   #2001
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs officially announced Postecaglou on a 4 year deal. Should be interesting, if nothing else.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 06:39 PM   #2002
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Spurs officially announced Postecaglou on a 4 year deal. Should be interesting, if nothing else.
Everything I've read has been positive

Article on the athletic talking about how much if a leader of men he is, to a man basically every former player would run through a wall for him, is the most promising

Think a boost in morale is as important as any signing for next year
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 06:43 PM   #2003
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even though he and munn dont officially start until july 1, they've been given word and are involved in any player decisions starting now, specifically that they can clear out quite a bit of the fringe

If kane is staying, then top 4 is the goal for next year at the least, I dont think too many changes are necessary, udogie, bissouma, Porro etc. are essentially new signings considering this past year.

Just need a CB and a CAM badly, 100% of any transfer kitty should be spent on those two positions outside a new keeper, which shouldnt be too expensive, seems like Raya has been the name rumored for months
Old 06-06-2023, 06:53 PM   #2004
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm also going to need someone to step up and sign Declan Rice before Arsenal do

Guardian article on him basically said he doesnt want to leave england, hes not going to chelsea, liverpool are getting mac allister, united mount, and city dont want to replace rodri at this point, so hes on his way to arsenal barring a material change

I do not like

Hes going to be so much better in a squad who have the ball more, I could see him offering a lot more going forward when hes not putting out fires for 80% of the game like he has for west ham

Such a leader too, which is something arsenals spine has lacked since cesc? Viera??
Old 06-06-2023, 08:04 PM   #2005
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Even though he and munn dont officially start until july 1, they've been given word and are involved in any player decisions starting now, specifically that they can clear out quite a bit of the fringe

If kane is staying, then top 4 is the goal for next year at the least, I dont think too many changes are necessary, udogie, bissouma, Porro etc. are essentially new signings considering this past year.

Just need a CB and a CAM badly, 100% of any transfer kitty should be spent on those two positions outside a new keeper, which shouldnt be too expensive, seems like Raya has been the name rumored for months
Yeah I agree with all this and everything I’ve seen about Ange has been positive as well. He seems like a breath of fresh air, and plays a positive style. I just hope he gets a good chance and fans don’t turn on him with a bad start. I do think the 4-year deal sends the right message though, that this is a project.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 08:19 PM   #2006
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wouldnt hate this

https://twitter.com/user/status/1666071312903847936?s=20

think romero as a partner for him kinds fits too, would definitely need another, but if hes cheap and it makes kane happy...
Old 06-08-2023, 01:07 AM   #2007
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best home kit we've had in a long time

The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 03:36 AM   #2008
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wouldnt hate this

https://twitter.com/user/status/1666071312903847936?s=20

think romero as a partner for him kinds fits too, would definitely need another, but if hes cheap and it makes kane happy...
You would hate it. Trust me. Asides from his defensive lapses his limited passing ability will drive you crazy especially if he has to play lcb with Romero.

But why would United do Spurs any favours and sell him to them given Levy's reluctance to do business with them?

Having said that don't care where he goes.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 06:13 AM   #2009
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Best home kit we've had in a long time

Interesting how they’ve used Kane in this so much. On one hand, he’s the star so it makes sense. Of course, he could be gone, which makes you question how smart it would be to do that.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:51 AM   #2010
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
You would hate it. Trust me. Asides from his defensive lapses his limited passing ability will drive you crazy especially if he has to play lcb with Romero.

But why would United do Spurs any favours and sell him to them given Levy's reluctance to do business with them?

Having said that don't care where he goes.
pretty much where I am too. Maguire needs to leave this summer, it's best for both parties - but there'll surely be other PL teams interested too.

Looks like Nottingham is keen on signing Henderson on a permanent deal, which is great news for United. Should be 20-25m easily. Bad news is that they really are set on rolling with De Gea again (at drastically reduced wages, but still) ... as for Mount, there's a considerate gap still. The Athletic says Chelsea want 70m plus add-ons (lol), while United have offered around 40m. Even for 40m, I wouldn't like that deal one bit. I'm resigned to the fact that, with other areas to strengthen, they can't compete for Rice, but I just don't see Mount as a game changer.

Biggest problem remains ownership. This sums it up well:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1666488716125192194
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 08:26 AM   #2011
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chelsea should take 40 for Mount and start the car. No planet is he worth anywhere near 70M.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:29 AM   #2012
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Only $35m for McAllister for Liverpool. Nice bit of business.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 11:44 AM   #2013
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I kind of understand but I also think it's hilarious that Hammers are having an open top bus parade for winning the Europa Conference league. That's like planning a parade for winning the Inter-Toto or Papa John's cup. I guess good on them for enjoying it anyway, not many moment like that for clubs outside the daddy warbucks top 6.

Liking Palace signing Lerma on a free... him and Doucoure in centre mid in front of Guehi and Anderson is gonna be a tough group to break down assuming they all stick around.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #2014
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Interesting how they’ve used Kane in this so much. On one hand, he’s the star so it makes sense. Of course, he could be gone, which makes you question how smart it would be to do that.
They had to include him, if they didnt it would have created a huge uproar

Ornstein said today it's his belief kane wouldnt have an issue going abroad to play for Madrid, or maybe even bayern

Would be 2nd best scenario possible after him signing a new deal imo
Old 06-08-2023, 07:16 PM   #2015
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Chelsea should take 40 for Mount and start the car. No planet is he worth anywhere near 70M.
He has 1 year left, if I'm united I offer 30 and say if not we will sign him to a pre contract in january
Old 06-08-2023, 07:17 PM   #2016
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Once a player wants out poch just completely removes him from the squad

Walker barely played his last 5 months here once it was known he was going to city
Old 06-08-2023, 08:53 PM   #2017
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
He has 1 year left, if I'm united I offer 30 and say if not we will sign him to a pre contract in january
You can’t sign a pre-contract agreement with a club in the same country.

McAllister going to Liverpool looks like a bargain until you see what wages he’s on. It was the same thing with Haaland, he went for a small release clause of “only” £51.2m, but that figure was negotiated into his contract to allow him to command higher wages if he moved on. It is the reason Barcelona are putting a €1 billion release clause into most of the contracts of their younger players.
MegaErtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:08 PM   #2018
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I for one am absolutely shocked they were able to get a sponsor like this, definitely not being used to launder money into the club, no chance

https://twitter.com/user/status/1667154596605710336
Old 06-09-2023, 05:19 PM   #2019
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey...it worked for City. Why mess with a foolproof plan?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 08:18 PM   #2020
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp, sounds like both Manchester clubs are gonna be flush with dirty middle eastern Oil money. Sheikh Jassim bid apparently being chosen.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote