Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2023, 10:22 AM   #721
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I found the way he subtly leaned his bare ass on her island to be hilarious.

Absolutely adored the show, and they didn't venture off script for the finale which I love. Clean execution.
That scene absolutely cracked me up.

There was a gas leak so they're all living with Rebecca now? Ridiculous premise but it landed.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:23 AM   #722
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
I've always said Cheers is my all-time favourite show, bar none. But Ted Lasso has made up a lot of ground, so it goes without saying I loved the nod to Cheers at the end with Mae straightening the picture of Geronimo as Sam did in the final scene of Cheers, and the "thanks - cheers" comment that followed. Had a lump in my throat the size of that avocado.
I would never have caught that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-01-2023, 10:50 AM   #723
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plett25 View Post
Nice catch!

I suspected that there was something I missed about the Geronimo picture in the Crown & Anchor
The picture of Geronimo hung in Nick Colasanto's (Coach) changeroom, and when he passed away they moved it onto the set so he was always there. The last thing Sam did in the final episode before walking down the dark hallway to the pool room was straighten the picture as a final nod to Coach. And of course George Wendt is Jason Sudeikis' uncle.

Just fit in so perfectly I thought.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:03 AM   #724
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
The picture of Geronimo hung in Nick Colasanto's (Coach) changeroom, and when he passed away they moved it onto the set so he was always there. The last thing Sam did in the final episode before walking down the dark hallway to the pool room was straighten the picture as a final nod to Coach. And of course George Wendt is Jason Sudeikis' uncle.

Just fit in so perfectly I thought.
Lots of Cheers Easter eggs in Ted Lasso. There was also an autographed picture of Georgen Wendt up in that Kabob takeout place on the wall next to Roy Kent's picture.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:06 AM   #725
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh man, Father and Son was so perfect to finish it off.
Cat Stevens does a decent cover but the original is much better:

This video gives me eye cancer.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:23 AM   #726
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
Lots of Cheers Easter eggs in Ted Lasso. There was also an autographed picture of Georgen Wendt up in that Kabob takeout place on the wall next to Roy Kent's picture.
Missed that one.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:34 AM   #727
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't a huge fan of this season overall, but I thought they stuck the landing. Loved Roy and Jamie's fight over Keely. How the coaching staff ended up was predictable, but satisfying. I would have been disappointed if it wasn't Roy. And even though I felt Nate wasn't very well done this season, it did feel right to have him back with the team. I was wondering how they were going to get Rebecca back to Amsterdam and if she'd just go there. The meet-cute was a nice touch.

Not really big on Ted's family. His wife is crazy and his kid's a wuss. Should have stayed with Sassy. But it's a nice ending for him.
Old 06-01-2023, 11:50 AM   #728
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Oh shut up Thierry Henry!"

Truer words have never been spoken.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 11:52 AM   #729
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

The actor that plays Ted's son: is he a Ron Howard descendent or a clone of the Mad Magazine kid?
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:56 PM   #730
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I cant be the only person who is happy that they didnt try and redeem Rupert and just leaned into it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #731
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I cant be the only person who is happy that they didnt try and redeem Rupert and just leaned into it.
The only thing I thought they might do is have Rebecca say something like:

"Your childhood club is on the verge of doing something you've dreamed of since you were a child and you're too stupid to enjoy it"

But I'm kind of happy they didn't too. I do have a feeling there is a longer cut of that episode where Rebecca and him interact in some way though.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 03:03 PM   #732
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

A gift from the gods themselves (or themself, in this case)!

Quote:
Hi Reddit, my name is Brendan Hunt! I am the co-creator and writer of “Ted Lasso” where I also play Piggy Stardust and Diamond Dog Coach Beard.

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of “Ted Lasso” are streaming on Apple TV+!

Welcome to my second AMA. Ask me anything!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TedLasso/co...sso_and_coach/
Reddit's a bit weird to navigate (for me at least), so I just went right to his profile in order to see all his posts (and thus, the answers he posted): https://www.reddit.com/user/RealCoachBeard/

A couple of my favourites, so far:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited by FanIn80; 06-01-2023 at 03:12 PM.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2023, 10:23 PM   #733
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

Reddit's a bit weird to navigate (for me at least), so I just went right to his profile in order to see all his posts (and thus, the answers he posted): https://www.reddit.com/user/RealCoachBeard/
Ha! That AMA is a riot...great stuff in there (and yah, reddit is a bit of a strange thing to go through after the fact...but there's a pattern to follow).
Old 06-01-2023, 11:22 PM   #734
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Ha! That AMA is a riot...great stuff in there (and yah, reddit is a bit of a strange thing to go through after the fact...but there's a pattern to follow).
Why don't they just do a standard message board style pattern? I mean, I get the upvote/downvote thing but it ends up just being annoying as ****, to be honest. Especially when you're coming in after a discussion, which most people are.

For an overloaded discussion, I can kind of see it, but for most threads it's like just let me read the 5-50 posts in succession, like **** off.

Last edited by jayswin; 06-01-2023 at 11:24 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:44 AM   #735
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

A couple of my favourites, so far:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
This one perked my interest!

Quote:
What is the most ambiguous way you can answer the “Season 4? Spin-off?” questions?

Or

What was the discussion/thought behind a lot of the bigger moments of this season (Nate leaving West Ham, Ted telling Rebecca that he’s leaving) happening off-screen?

RealCoachBeard:

My pat answer, that is also 100% true: We don’t know. We need a break and will take one presently. Nothing has been ruled out, but that includes the possibility that we’re done. We won’t know until we’ve sat with it for a while, decompressed, etc.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:35 AM   #736
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
This one perked my interest!
Quote:
My pat answer, that is also 100% true: We don’t know. We need a break and will take one presently. Nothing has been ruled out, but that includes the possibility that we’re done. We won’t know until we’ve sat with it for a while, decompressed, etc.
I saw a near identical response from Sudeikis in an interview as well.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #737
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

In 2023, in the era of ever-ending sequels, side stories, spin-offs, and cinematic universes, no one is ever going to straight up say their successful show / movie series is done.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:11 AM   #738
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
In 2023, in the era of ever-ending sequels, side stories, spin-offs, and cinematic universes, no one is ever going to straight up say their successful show / movie series is done.
True to some extent, but I'm still waiting on season 3 of Fleabag and no joy yet.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 09:30 AM   #739
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think in this case it truly depends what Jason Sudekis wants to do.

If he ends up wanting to keep playing the character they have left it open enough that Ted Lasso could return to England after a couple years (potentially with Michelle and Henry in tow).

If he doesn't want to return then they planted the spin off seed already "Change the Title it was never about me", and could go a couple of different directions.

I don't see a world where this is the last of the Ted Lasso universe though...too much money to be made and I think at the very least we could get an AFC Richmond Women's team spin off where the guys would make some guest appearances.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:53 AM   #740
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

I sort of hope it isn’t a woman’s team spin-off, it would be akin to the last season on scrubs where they tried to put a bunch of new actors in sprinkled with the older cast for posterities sake and it really just didn’t work at all.

I am a big fan of leaving some juice left in the show rather than trying to get the last bit of humour or money. Arrested Development is another great example, three amazing seasons and then whatever Netflix tried to do and failed at. I understand the desire for more but I would hate for it to Spiderman 3 the first seasons where it just features the characters in increasingly wacky situations with intraoffice romances and crazy antics. The show wasn’t about Ted Lasso but his character was the catalyst and the glue.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote