Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2023, 10:48 AM   #6701
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pc all the way except for something like grand theft auto. First person shooters are way better om pc. Same with rts or things with lots of text and complicated ui's like the new baldur's gate, etc. Forget about any racing or flight sim on console.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 05:56 PM   #6702
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1666933877477130240
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 06:49 PM   #6703
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve been playing Jedi Survivor the past week. It’s really good but some of the dialog and characters aren’t good.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 10:45 AM   #6704
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
I'm pc all the way except for something like grand theft auto. First person shooters are way better om pc. Same with rts or things with lots of text and complicated ui's like the new baldur's gate, etc. Forget about any racing or flight sim on console.
You can use a keyboard and mouse on console too with most games
Old 06-09-2023, 11:42 AM   #6705
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
You can use a keyboard and mouse on console too with most games
blah but then i might as well be sitting in my gaming chair and not the couch. i've no beef with consoles if that's your preference.. am just stating mine. part of it is my setup.. have a good chair / desk.. when i'm in my living room these days it's mostly used for sports, movies, reading
Old 06-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #6706
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

New FF7 remake part 2 trailer comes out... opens with "The Unknown Journey Continues".

Barf.

The whole point of a remake is that the journey is known. That's all I wanted from it.

We hates it forever.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:17 PM   #6707
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
New FF7 remake part 2 trailer comes out... opens with "The Unknown Journey Continues".

Barf.

The whole point of a remake is that the journey is known. That's all I wanted from it.

We hates it forever.
I think the whole project being some sort of long-game sequel / re-imagining is actually far more interesting than a straight 1-to-1 remake would've been. I mean at this point, after playing Remake and years onwards, if you weren't expecting the story to have more additions and divergences, I'm not sure what to tell you...
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:24 PM   #6708
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know that is what you think, we have had this disagreement before. Your opinion is still terrible, just like what they did to the game I grew up with.

I would have hoped there would be enough backlash to get them to reconsider this approach. But I gues there are enough people who join you in your wrongness. I am saddened and have little hope for future remakes. I'm just glad they didn't do this to Chrono Trigger, I guess.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 10:33 PM   #6709
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh #### haha! Another reason to never play multiplayer games.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1665856273407963136

https://kotaku.com/twitch-streamer-a...oss-1850519708

Gamers Anxiously Check Heads After Twitch Streamer Shows Headphone Dent
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 11:02 PM   #6710
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hi, hello.

Diablo IV on a console is likely the anthesis of an ideal Diablo experience with a controlled?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 06:55 AM   #6711
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Hi, hello.

Diablo IV on a console is likely the anthesis of an ideal Diablo experience with a controlled?
What is ANTHESIS?
Old 06-10-2023, 07:10 AM   #6712
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know that is what you think, we have had this disagreement before. Your opinion is still terrible, just like what they did to the game I grew up with.

I would have hoped there would be enough backlash to get them to reconsider this approach. But I gues there are enough people who join you in your wrongness. I am saddened and have little hope for future remakes. I'm just glad they didn't do this to Chrono Trigger, I guess.
Lol, I do appreciate the passion and conviction! Now if they bastardize FFIX this way in the (rumoured) remake then we’ll have some common ground.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 07:39 AM   #6713
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

My hope is that once the assets have all been created, they release an expansion that follows the original plot. That would help contextualize the new plot too for many newer fans

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 12:49 PM   #6714
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I’ve been playing Jedi Survivor the past week. It’s really good but some of the dialog and characters aren’t good.
Agreed. There's only a few things I remember from the first game, one being Cere's creepy eyes, the other being how hammy the dialogue was - especially Cal's.

Survivor doesn't seem as bad; it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the game in the least.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 12:20 PM   #6715
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

watched the Xbox Showcase.

a few highlights for me on the exclusive games.:

- Fable looked pretty good... the graphics looked impressive...not a ton of game play, but I liked the tone, which is quite different than most fantasy games.

- Hellblade 2 remains the star of Xbox for me...I was a bit disappointed they didn't show more, because I thought the original trailer was actually better.

- Clockwork was a new game that look interesting...shades of Bioshock Infinite combined with time travel

- Starfield looks excellent in developer deep dive at least. The challenge with these huge universes if populating them with stuff to do... procedural generation is limited in terms of connecting to the deeper storyline.... Overall, I thought it looked very impressive after the deep dive..

- Flight Simulator adding missions is a neat idea. Having a Dune expansion was fun idea.

Games that I am not so convinced about

- Avowed. I was a huge fan of FO:New Vegas, but wasn't that impressed with Outer Worlds...in fact I didn't even bother to finish it. So, the trailer today didn't impress me that much.

- Fallout 76.. i think that this switch to live service killed the game for a lot of players...As a fan of 3, NG and 4, I didn't have any interest in 76 and still don't

I gave the PS show a 7...this show was better esp with the Starfield deep dive

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 06-11-2023 at 12:51 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 01:16 PM   #6716
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Starfield’s deep dive was flabbergasting. Probably the most ambitious title I’ve seen?

It looks special.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2023, 01:35 PM   #6717
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Starfield’s deep dive was flabbergasting. Probably the most ambitious title I’ve seen?

It looks special.
yeah, it remains to be seen... but it looks like a game you could dump 1000 hrs into easily.

Some of the depth was cool, and will appeal to lots of players - i know for me it didn't, as Fallout 4 had all their settlement building and I didn't touch it, but others will undoubtedly love it.

Starfield will undoubtedly add subscribers to Gamepass though; it looked that good (and I say this as a Sony fan)
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 04:52 PM   #6718
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
blah but then i might as well be sitting in my gaming chair and not the couch. i've no beef with consoles if that's your preference.. am just stating mine. part of it is my setup.. have a good chair / desk.. when i'm in my living room these days it's mostly used for sports, movies, reading
Yeah I wasn't trying to tell anyone what to do...just that if you like RTS games or whatever you can use a keyboard and mouse with console these days...even a monitor.

I bought my kid a Series X used for $350 and he uses it at his desk with Keyboard/mouse/headset

It actually boggles the mind the performance you get at this price point...14 year old me is jealous.

I PC game too I wasn't calling you out, I just love that everyone can get some pretty high end results these days...even Series S with SDM points or used is a ridiculous bargain
Old 06-11-2023, 09:30 PM   #6719
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Starfield looks insanely good.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 10:10 PM   #6720
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw that Kingdom Come Deliverance is 75% off on steam right now. One of my favs from the last decade, if you haven't, take a look! Can't go wrong for $8.50
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote