Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2023, 11:43 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat

A lot of you know that I've been coaching youth football for over 15 years. I've worked for multiple organizations and levels.

Currently I'm with the South Calgary Colts. I'm the offensive Coordinator for the Bantam team, I'm the QB coach for the the Spring team.

Last night, our season came to a crashing halt, in the ultimate thrill and agony moment.

Welcome to the playoffs.

We fell behind the Mavericks 17-0 in the first half. The Mavericks to be all sportsman like are a really good team. But we came out entirely flat. We had some good drives, but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

But as they say in every book, Fire up the comback. In the fourth quarter, we marched the field and punched it in from the 1 yard line to close the gap to 17-7.

Our defense held strong and we hit a nice fade route to bring the score to 17-14. The momentum shifted hard. We stopped them and got great field position starting on their side of the 55 and marched the ball. With about a minute and 35 seconds left, we hit another fade route, our receiver caught a hugely contested catch, and we were up 21-17.

But sports is a bitter pill at times. I'm not here to complain about reffing. The Mavericks started marching. We took a couple of bad penalties and the Mavericks ended up in side our 10 with under a minute left. The Mavericks threw a incomplete pass on first down. On second down we took a um pass interference call and the Mavericks ended up on our 3. Then with no time left, their QB hit their best receiver in the back corner of the end zone. Game over.

Bitter pill.

Agony of defeat. Season over.

Don't get me wrong, it was a thrilling coach. All credit to the Mavs, we made too many mistakes.

A lot of kids probably are close to or have played their last game of organized football.

We have a bright future, lots of good 1st and 2nd year players that need to step up next year.

I also wanted to point out that we have a great group of coaches, that get along and pull in the same direction.

Fk, the season is over.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #2
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
A lot of you know that I've been coaching youth football for over 15 years. I've worked for multiple organizations and levels.

Currently I'm with the South Calgary Colts. I'm the offensive Coordinator for the Bantam team, I'm the QB coach for the the Spring team.

Last night, our season came to a crashing halt, in the ultimate thrill and agony moment.

Welcome to the playoffs.

We fell behind the Mavericks 17-0 in the first half. The Mavericks to be all sportsman like are a really good team. But we came out entirely flat. We had some good drives, but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

But as they say in every book, Fire up the comback. In the fourth quarter, we marched the field and punched it in from the 1 yard line to close the gap to 17-7.

Our defense held strong and we hit a nice fade route to bring the score to 17-14. The momentum shifted hard. We stopped them and got great field position starting on their side of the 55 and marched the ball. With about a minute and 35 seconds left, we hit another fade route, our receiver caught a hugely contested catch, and we were up 21-17.

But sports is a bitter pill at times. I'm not here to complain about reffing. The Mavericks started marching. We took a couple of bad penalties and the Mavericks ended up in side our 10 with under a minute left. The Mavericks threw a incomplete pass on first down. On second down we took a um pass interference call and the Mavericks ended up on our 3. Then with no time left, their QB hit their best receiver in the back corner of the end zone. Game over.

Bitter pill.

Agony of defeat. Season over.

Don't get me wrong, it was a thrilling coach. All credit to the Mavs, we made too many mistakes.

A lot of kids probably are close to or have played their last game of organized football.

We have a bright future, lots of good 1st and 2nd year players that need to step up next year.

I also wanted to point out that we have a great group of coaches, that get along and pull in the same direction.

Fk, the season is over.
What age group?

one of the boys my son play's rugby with plays Colts I think.

Nice kid, play Dline

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 10:37 AM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

grades 9 to 11.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 02:35 PM   #4
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

God bless those kids, I wanna throw up.

tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote