Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:
Default Day 2 (PM of February 5 - AM of February 6)

Events begin with Mixed Doubles Curling at 18:05 with USA vs Czech Republic and Great Britain vs China. I believe this will either be on Sportsnet or Sportsnet1.

The Women’s Short Program Qualification of the Mixed Team Figure Skating begins at 18:30. This should be on TSN2 or TSN4.

Also at 18:30 the first of three final runs in the Women’s Slopestyle Final begin. 2018 Silver Medalist Laurie Blouin is the Canadian competitor. This should be shown live on CBC and I believe it will also be on TSN4.

At 20:00 Men’s Downhill Alpine Skiing starts and I think it will be on Sportsnet or Sportsnet 1. Jack Crawford, Brodie Seger and Broderick Thompson are the Canadian competitors.

The Men’s Free Program in the Mixed Team Figure Skating begins at 20:50, I think parts of this may be shown live on CBC, but it should be live either on TSN2 or TSN4 for sure.

At 21:30 the Qualification runs in Men’s Snowboarding Slopestyle will start, this should be on TSN2 or TSN4. This will feature the 2018 Silver Medalist in this event Max Parrot, Two-Time Bronze Medalist in this event Mark McMorris, Sebastien Toutant, and Darcy Sharpe as the Canadian competitors.

On CBC at 23:05 Rachel Homan and John Morris (4-2) take on the team from the Czech Republic (2-4). I think this will also be on one of the TSN channels but I’m not sure. At the same time, we will also have Italy vs China, Norway vs Sweden, and Australia vs Switzerland.

At 00:00 the Men’s 2 x 15km Skiathlon begins and I think parts of this will be shown live on CBC. Antoine Cyr, Remi Drolet, and Olivier Leveille will ski for Canada.

At 01:30 the Men’s 5000m Speed Skating begins and should in part be shown on CBC. Calgarian Ted-Jan Bloeman will try and improve on his 2018 Silver Medal in this event. Bloeman will be in the ninth pair to skate.

China takes on Japan in Women’s Hockey at 01:40.

The second Qualification Run in the Women’s Moguls starts at 03:00. Chloe Dufour-Lapointe and Sofiane Gagnon will attempt to join Justine Dufour-Lapointe in the Final, this should be shown on CBC. The Final will begin at 04:30 and should be on CBC for sure.

At 04:00 the first round in the Men’s Normal Hill Ski Jumping begins, this will be either on Sportsnet or Sportsnet1. Calgarian Matthew Soukup will make his Olympic debut while Calgarian Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes will be appearing in his fourth Olympics. The Final Round should be beginning at 05:00.

At 04:30 the Men’s Luge continues with Run 3, this will be on one of the Sportsnet channels. Reid Watts is currently in 17th. The fourth and final run should begin at 06:15.

At 05:05 Canada faces Australia in their second Mixed Doubles Curling Match of the day. This should be shown live on TSN2. At the same time, we will have Switzerland vs USA, Norway vs Great Britain, and Italy vs Sweden.

At 06:10 the USA takes on Switzerland in Women’s Hockey, this should be shown in full on TSN.

I think I got it all, hopefully there's a few more medals overnight! As always all events are available to be streamed on the CBC website.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks as always for these CofR! Pumped about the snowboarding tonight especially, love how it's always one of the first big events of the Olympics.

Wearing my Canada Olympic hoodie while I run errands today, I live in the Beltline just off 17th (where the weekly anti-Covid Sat afternoon rally always is), starting to see all the Canadian flag-adorned (half upside down) cars going by... I'm realizing I probably look like I'm supporting those idiots.

If anyone beeps at me I'm yelling THIS IS FOR THE OLYMPICS, NOT YOU IDIOTS lol

Last edited by Sainters7; 02-05-2022 at 02:42 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully Canada is solid in mixed doubles curling now, with two weaker teams and surprising Italy left.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

CofR gold medal x100!
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kobasew19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2022, 06:24 PM   #5
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't seen this discussed during the TV broadcasts but do the athletes get medals at these Olympics? I haven't seen any medals handed out just those statue things.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:43 PM   #6
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Good first run for Blouin!!!
Old 02-05-2022, 06:52 PM   #7
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

China doing Canada a favor in curling taking it to the Brits.

China also doing Canada a favor in figure skating as their skater had a disaster probably will get 1 point. Canada's Schizas will need probably a 4th place finish to advance Canada into the final.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:01 PM   #8
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Anyone notice prime has a bunch of streams? Seems better organized than tsn/sportsnet/cbc on tv.

The last few olympics have been absolutely awful for tv coverage. If it weren’t for this thread I would literally never know what’s on, when and on which channel.

I remember the good old days in 2010 when Bell had like 10 dedicated channels with options for commentary or no commentary.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2022, 07:04 PM   #9
expo2428
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well I notice that watch ing this snowboarding they keep skipping over the first 2 competitors for some reason. Seems kind of disrespectful to skip over them and join it in progress but I might be overthinking it.
expo2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #10
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Italian girl not great either. Are we allowed to cheer for falling?

Old 02-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #11
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Anyone notice prime has a bunch of streams? Seems better organized than tsn/sportsnet/cbc on tv.

The last few olympics have been absolutely awful for tv coverage. If it weren’t for this thread I would literally never know what’s on, when and on which channel.

I remember the good old days in 2010 when Bell had like 10 dedicated channels with options for commentary or no commentary.
Ya Prime had the same thing last summer with some select CBC streams. They definitely don’t make it easy trying to locate which events are on which channel.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:14 PM   #12
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I think Canada is pretty much in the figure skating team final after the Chinese and Italian girls fell. Schizas just needs to stay upright. She has better elements anyways.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #13
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blouin might be close to a podium spot.

Looks like a few points short currently.

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 02-05-2022 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #14
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Laurie Blouin will not medal in Women's Snowboard Slopestyle.

Excellent final run though.
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #15
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gasser riding out of that third landing was impressive.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #16
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1490154467655835655

Guessing this is an auto win for Canada (which it would have been anyway but still)?
ajr4013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:53 PM   #17
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Yep. It does.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:55 PM   #18
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

What an incredible final run by Zoi Sadowski-Synnott to win Gold.

She's also an absolute rocket (only a 3 year age gap okay??)
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AustinL_NHL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2022, 07:59 PM   #19
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

American girl fell too so Schizas gets 8 points.

Standings after the short program

ROC 8+9+9+10=37
USA 10+10+7+6=33
Japan 9+4+7+9=29
Canada 3+6+7+8=24
China 5+6+10+1=22

Canada going for bronze. Going to be tough without Messing.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:02 PM   #20
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm looking forward to seeing some runs on the downhill course. It looks like it is going to be tough.

Nevermind: weather delay due to wind. Too bad.