Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #181
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was an interesting episode.

Desi is a challenge beast. It's pretty impressive watching her go through them like they aren't even there. That reward challenge was also interesting as I was wondering how hard it could be...until I saw Ryan lose the ball time and time again. I think that the planners were intending more of that to happen.

I admit, I was snookered there. I thought that Chrissy was going home for sure. Especially with how harsh she came out guns a'blaze at tribal.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #182
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't ever watch the reward challenges without thinking about how that food would affect a person's digestive system, after that many days of barely eating anything. All that sugar and the coffee, ugh.

Also early on in the show when someone mentioned pooping in the water! With all the shows they have done over the years, all those people doing that in the water, disgusting.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #183
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Also early on in the show when someone mentioned pooping in the water! With all the shows they have done over the years, all those people doing that in the water, disgusting.
It's the pacific ocean. I'm pretty sure any trace of it would be gone by the next day. If not sooner.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #184
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
I can't ever watch the reward challenges without thinking about how that food would affect a person's digestive system, after that many days of barely eating anything. All that sugar and the coffee, ugh.
Yeah, I've thought that too. Last night, as they were showing the reward, someone (Sounded like Ryan, I think) could be heard saying "That'll go right through me, but I don't care!"
Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #185
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't a guy get med evac'd a couple seasons ago because he ate too much meat after a reward? lol
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #186
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Didn't a guy get med evac'd a couple seasons ago because he ate too much meat after a reward? lol
Yeah, 70 yr old Joe Del Campo. Ate too much satay.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #187
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always thought in my mind if I ever did Survivor, I would limit myself if I ever won a food reward. But I know the glutton in me would just devour anything that was placed infront of me.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #188
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Yeah, 70 yr old Joe Del Campo. Ate too much satay.
On day 34 to boot!!!! He finished 5th.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:09 PM   #189
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

keep saying this and keep believing it'd be so awesome but they need to change up the setting in one of these. Put them in a forest in the mountains in the summer. Put them in the arctic. Put them anywhere different...
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:48 AM   #190
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

or a desert
Old 11-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #191
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
or a desert
They pretty much did this when they were in Africa.

They definitely need to go back there imo.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #192
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ali going home takes myself and Mr.Coffee out of Pool A, and ernie out of Pool B

Ryan is WAY more sneaky than I thought he'd be,

I loved that Immunity Challenge. A nice twist on a classic solo challenge there.

Next week is the merge! I really wish JP had gone home tonight, as I'd have loved to see Ali with a bigger group of people to play with. It really kinda felt like she put all her eggs in the 'Ryan basket', and was just adrift after last week.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #193
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Argument at the start of the episode was a really bad look for Ryan, way too defensive and showed a poor social game there. If him and Chrissy get to the end of the game there is probably going to be a lot of bitterness.

Probably took lots of convincing from Chrissy for Ryan to vote Ali out, but it was the right move. She was never going to trust Ryan 100%. JP is going to be a big meat shield for them through the merge too.

Great immunity challenge, really enjoyed it.

I like Dr. Mike.

Last edited by mile; 11-01-2017 at 10:25 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #194
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
They pretty much did this when they were in Africa.

They definitely need to go back there imo.
Yeah. I think they like Fiji because of the infrastructure they have already built and have in place. It would be great to see them go elsewhere but I feel like those days might be done.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #195
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully the season starts to heat up this week with the merge.

Best line was from Ryan: “I don't know why everybody wants to work with me. I think I'm a freakin' weasel.”
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #196
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
keep saying this and keep believing it'd be so awesome but they need to change up the setting in one of these. Put them in a forest in the mountains in the summer. Put them in the arctic. Put them anywhere different...
Anything cold won't happen first of all no bikini's or 6 pack dudes in their tattered underwear

Second of all, poor food mixed with cold.

They'll be medivacing people left right and center.

And nobody wants to see some guy or girls blackened frost bitten toe falling off.

Plus Probst won't go.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #197
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Jessica heading off, Fuzz from Pool A and Weitz from Pool B join the rest of us on the bench.

This was a good episode, I felt. Spent a bit too much time on the merge feast, but I guess you have to get those advertising dollars where you can.

I really liked this Immunity Challenge, and Desi continues to beast her way through them. Chrissy's math skills are pretty damn impressive, too.

I found the scheming post-challenge to be pretty interesting. Joe seems easy to manage...you just make him think he may be going home, and he starts acting all crazy and doing weird things at Tribal. He's easy to rile up, despite how smart he thinks he is.

A very nice blindside at the Tribal. Despite how smart Joe thinks he is, didn't have a clue it was coming, and you could see in his face post-vote that he realized that he's put a huge target on his back and is now out of immediate tricks.

The "fight for an idol" scuffle shown on the 'next week' is of interest to me. I've kinda wondered how that works. Whoever manages to get a finger on the idol first, I suppose.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 11-09-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #198
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is Joe smart? What if he played the Idol for Cole and Jess still got voted off.

There are a couple people getting the "winners edit" , Chrissy for sure and Ryan and Joe to lesser extents

Last edited by calgarybornnraised; 11-08-2017 at 11:10 PM.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 AM   #199
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they stop hiding the idol in the same place on different camps. We've seen it before where it almost guarantees the person who found it on one beech will find it again.

I'm not sure why they went for Jess. Was it just to break up her and Cole? If so, why not go for Cole? he seems the much bigger threat, and he is a bit of a dink.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #200
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Interesting that Lauren voted with the heros and hustlers after she told the heelers their plan.

Hopefully Joe is next to go and then Cole (even though he is one of my horses). Joe is very annoying and Cole is an idiot that can’t keep a secret for 5 minutes. Jess was a good player and I liked her. Too bad she hitched her virgin wagon to such a doofus. Sad to she her go but smart move by the Hustling Heros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rumy is offline   Reply With Quote