Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #201
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Bennett + Czarnik + Jankowski + conditional 2nd (becomes a first if he extends) for Hall?

Hall - Monahan - Gaudreau
Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
Lucic - Ryan - Mangiapane
Rieder - Dube - Frolik
Rinaldo, Quine

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kylington - Andersson
Stone

Rittich
Talbot

That line up looks pretty crazy IMO
Seems like the Devils want a Dman for Hall so I think their ask would be Anderson (no chance), Hanifin (highly unlikely) Valimaki (doubtful) or Kylington (easy yes).

In addition I think a young roster forward would be included Jankowski (easy yes), Czarnik (easy yes) Bennett (only with an extension), Mangiapane (maybe due to negotiation in the summer) or Dube (doubtful maybe with extension)

I think a contract would need to be added and Frolik makes the most sense as he is a big ticket but pending UFA. The Devils could flip him again at the deadline.

Lastly some picks would need to be added. A 2nd is an easy yes but the 1st needs to be conditional on winning the cup or re-signing. Any more picks than that would need to be conditional on the same type of thing (winning and or keeping him).
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #202
atb
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Seems like the Devils want a Dman for Hall so I think their ask would be Anderson (no chance), Hanifin (highly unlikely) Valimaki (doubtful) or Kylington (easy yes).

In addition I think a young roster forward would be included Jankowski (easy yes), Czarnik (easy yes) Bennett (only with an extension), Mangiapane (maybe due to negotiation in the summer) or Dube (doubtful maybe with extension)

I think a contract would need to be added and Frolik makes the most sense as he is a big ticket but pending UFA. The Devils could flip him again at the deadline.

Lastly some picks would need to be added. A 2nd is an easy yes but the 1st needs to be conditional on winning the cup or re-signing. Any more picks than that would need to be conditional on the same type of thing (winning and or keeping him).
Is Kylington an easy yes without being able to talk to Hall? I don’t know how I’d feel about shipping him off for a rental, still think he has the potential to become a top 4 Dman. A lot to give up for a rental.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:28 PM   #203
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Devils would want Hanifin... And that's when we hang up.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #204
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Or how about Mangiapane + Dubé + Frolík

Lucic - Ryan - Bennett
Rieder - Jankowski - Czarnik
Old 12-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #205
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
Or how about Mangiapane + Dubé + Frolík

Lucic - Ryan - Bennett
Rieder - Jankowski - Czarnik
Way too much compared to what some of the phoenix pieces they are talking about. Dube and mangi are here to stay. Bennett or kylington on the other hand...
Old 12-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #206
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atb View Post
Is Kylington an easy yes without being able to talk to Hall? I don’t know how I’d feel about shipping him off for a rental, still think he has the potential to become a top 4 Dman. A lot to give up for a rental.
It's all fantasy anyway but Kylington should be gone for a meaningful upgrade that improves competitive window or a quality retainable asset in a heartbeat if someone offers.

There is no way he will be protected in the expansion draft. Seattle will probably be picking between him or Janko unless they want a veteran dman like Hamonic or Brodie and those guys have re-signed. And I think he's the more valuable asset with how Janko is playing.

Valimaki's injury at least helps out there immensely as my understanding is that he's exempt now if he doesn't touch the ice this year
Old 12-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #207
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

co-host from spittin chiclets podcast with Biznasty and Ryan Whitney tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1206072571931832321

some 'insiderrrrrr' type stuff, but it's fun.

Last edited by JurassicTunga12; 12-14-2019 at 10:53 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JurassicTunga12 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 10:52 PM   #208
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga12 View Post
co-host from spittin chiclets podcast with Biznasty and Ryan Whitney tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1206072571931832321

I'm so excited I hope this is really happening.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:54 PM   #209
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dear god no.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 10:55 PM   #210
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Dear god yes!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 10:59 PM   #211
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Luckily we can use the Duchene trade as a measuring stick. Upcoming FA, same age, injury prone, perceived as an inconsistent and talented “star”.

Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft and a conditional first-round pick if he re-signs.

So two decent prospects and a first rounder for the rental. Plus another first rounder if he re-signs.

Sure, if farm is loaded, cap space is there and winning window is right.

Flames farm is not loaded. We have no cap space. We are stacked on the left side.

Go for a versatile physical RH shot. Like Coyle last year. We have four stars already, we need top nine speed and size to slot guys like Bennett, Frolik, Lucic and Backlund in their right spot.

We’re lucky that Dube and Bread is panning out, if they didn’t we’d be so thin on the forward side.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:03 PM   #212
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Oh #### please no. No.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #213
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

We would still only have 1 RS in the top 6... Top 9 if Ryan is 4C. Theres gotta be a cheaper 2RW out there.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:10 PM   #214
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
We would still only have 1 RS in the top 6... Top 9 if Ryan is 4C. Theres gotta be a cheaper 2RW out there.
Backlund is pretty cheap.

The only problem that we have at the moment is that three of our centres (if you include bennett) are playing RW. We could do with mean, big, shutdown 4th centre.

We could also do with a RD with term.

Hall are neither of those things. Might be why we were looking at buffalo so hard.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #215
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

The only problem that we have at the moment is that three of our centres (if you include bennett) are playing RW. We could do with mean, big, shutdown 4th centre.

Hall are neither of those things. Might be why we were looking at buffalo so hard.
My point being we could use another RS top6 forward. Then Backlund could be 3C and Ryan 4C. Janko somewhere not in the top 12. You can do that with another LS but.... still 1 RS in the top 9.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #216
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I honestly don't really care what handedness a player is if he's a former MVP

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 11:18 PM   #217
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I honestly don't really care what handedness a player is if he's a former MVP
Would you care if it was half the price too? That was kind of my point.

I know youll say no, but that was the point.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #218
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think the Flames trade for Hall unless they feel they can sign him. It also wouldn’t shock me to see a scenario where they load up this year and potentially move a core piece to keep Hall long term. If Hall would want to stay here then they can make a run with him and this group this year and trade a guy like Gaudreau in the summer for futures and with 2 years left he could easily get a top 10 pick + in return.

This team needs game breakers and Hall is the only one on the market currently.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #219
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Flames can not really consider adding another valuable dman unless he is a rookie imo. Valimaki getting injured and missing a year of pro service helped but they still pretty much absolutely need to protect Hanifin, Giordano and Andersson in the expansion draft.

I like Hall a lot but it would floor me if it happened. He would shatter the payroll structure. Also ra isn't a credible source...

That said, daydreaming, if they move two expansion eligible forwards and mid/low end futures for him would make a lot of sense asset wise with the glut of forwards facing impending waivers and challenges protecting everbody. Mangiapane and Bennett for example.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #220
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames should not be protecting a 37 going on 38 Gio in the expansion draft. Hanifin, Anderson, Valimaki.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread